CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gary Lineker Just Now On MoTD (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248686)

Seba 20-09-2020 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spindle (Post 15414301)
Can someone please tell me who "Ham-ez Rodriguez" is please? Tosser commentry, I can't stand them :wallbash:

New Everton player. Once scored a goal in a World Cup.

west country boy 20-09-2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desperado (Post 15414593)
Nice editing by the BBC to make the game look a much more even game than it actually was

The commentator's comment when the first goal was scored was 'Palace have totally dominated and deserve to be in front'. Schlupp's run and cross was the first time we had touched the ball according to the 'highlights'

Good lord. Do you expect them to show every single minute of the game?

Martin H 20-09-2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seba (Post 15416057)
New Everton player. Once scored a goal in a World Cup.

:) lucky one- anyone could have scored that...... errrm.

Watched him yesterday and other than the silly pronunciation he looked sharp. First touch and quick thinking of a top player. The Macs will handle him though. Won't know what bit him, errrm hit him. No teeth involved here.

Just watching Klopp making a fuss of Thiago. If klopp ever catches COVID Liverpool's while squad are screwed because he can't help himself :)

Sick Bucket 20-09-2020 08:05 PM

I know its unfashionable to admit it but I quite like MOTD, especially when we've got a result.

What was crap was they didn't show Wilfs disallowed goal! why the hell not? makes no sense, why show clips of people missing the goal but not bother when it actually goes in!? Ok it was subsequently shown to be a fraction offside but they were lucky it wasn't 1-4.

Old Joe Paxton 20-09-2020 08:13 PM

MOTD is a legendary British institution. Maybe for people of a certain age. Needs a slight update but anyone who dislikes it must be dead inside ffs. It’s football and it’s been around since around 1965!

Timbo 20-09-2020 08:13 PM

The concept of motd is fine, but Shearer and Wright make it less palatable

Nth Kent Eagle 20-09-2020 08:17 PM

It’s funny how they don’t have any women pundits on Match of the Day. Is there still a glass ceiling that protects Mr Gary “thinks himself funny” Linekar, Wright & Mr exciting Shearer?

Harry Holmesdale 20-09-2020 08:37 PM

Mcarthur and Mcarthy.. can you tell the difference, snigger snigger, no go on, can you.. Haha

Downplays the good work they did and is patronising to the 'smaller' team

It's almost a modern day version of telling the difference between 2 black players

Another Oxted Eagle 20-09-2020 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale (Post 15416289)
Mcarthur and Mcarthy.. can you tell the difference, snigger snigger, no go on, can you.. Haha

Downplays the good work they did and is patronising to the 'smaller' team

It's almost a modern day version of telling the difference between 2 black players

Sorry but I don’t agree with a single word of that - Lineker may be a bit of a nob but the piece was highlighting the good work they did - were you still drunk from the game when you watched MOTD ?

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 20-09-2020 10:08 PM

LOL at Shearer giving away the result of the Newcastle - Brighton game before they showed it.

Psych 20-09-2020 10:11 PM

Omg that commentator grates

Timbo 20-09-2020 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psych (Post 15416353)
Omg that commentator grates

Shouty Woman?

Psych 20-09-2020 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 15416357)
Shouty Woman?

[emoji51]

west country boy 20-09-2020 10:22 PM

Booting someone in the face isn't a red card these days? I think I know little enough about football to be a MotD pundit.

Psych 20-09-2020 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15416364)
Booting someone in the face isn't a red card these days? I think I know little enough about football to be a MotD pundit.

Just baffling how stupid they are

ExiledStirling 21-09-2020 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15416364)

These days?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8fMbxLTpps

Maidstoned Eagle 21-09-2020 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle (Post 15416271)
It’s funny how they don’t have any women pundits on Match of the Day. Is there still a glass ceiling that protects Mr Gary “thinks himself funny” Linekar, Wright & Mr exciting Shearer?

I dont watch it that often but I'm pretty sure they have had women pundits and a woman presenter from time to time.

DANGERMOUSE 21-09-2020 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Another Oxted Eagle (Post 15416305)
Sorry but I don’t agree with a single word of that - Lineker may be a bit of a nob but the piece was highlighting the good work they did - were you still drunk from the game when you watched MOTD ?

No. Jenas and Murphy were trying to do a serious piece about our midfield and all Lineker could contribute was repeated unfunny jokes about Jenas and Murphy potentially getting their names wrong. (Which they didn't do, and to their credit, they clearly weren't going along with the jokes.)

grand aigle 21-09-2020 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joe Paxton (Post 15416035)
Agree. He’s good. Linkeker a good presenter too.

Oh Please!! One of the most biased presenters there is, FFS he was creaming himself last night over Leicesters game!!

Jordan's Jacket 21-09-2020 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE (Post 15416474)
No. Jenas and Murphy were trying to do a serious piece about our midfield and all Lineker could contribute was repeated unfunny jokes about Jenas and Murphy potentially getting their names wrong. (Which they didn't do, and to their credit, they clearly weren't going along with the jokes.)

I'm afraid this is lineker's style always trying to make little gags at every opportunity. It is most wearisome. Saying that when he makes an attempt at being serious he just waves his arms around a lot and rarely comes out with anything intelligible. I guess he is the modern day presenter....comments no longer than your usual tweet