CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Bakary Sako (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=261023)

Timbo 22-08-2015 11:47 PM

Great performance from Sako

TAK 23-08-2015 12:54 AM

We've got a gem there, exciting times. A Yala who can finish and if we can get Yannick to improve his end product as well. Wow, pessimistic me hasn't been this optimistic in 25 years where Palace are concerned.

old geezer 23-08-2015 06:49 AM

Excellent debut for Sako
His shooting is accurate and powerful
His passing was solid
He is big and strong and offers a powerful presence
His first touch could be improved and if he does that we have a real player on our hands

Jordan's Jacket 23-08-2015 07:04 AM

First half he was awful and expected him to be subbed
I'm very glad he wasn't! !!

hdeagle 23-08-2015 07:16 AM

He was far more dangerous as a winger cutting in and then accurately shooting with so much power that Guzan could only parry them away.

The only shot that the the keeper held was from 35 yards and he did well to do so.

Sako has scored 38 goals in three seasons and you can see why the Wolves fans loved him as he has so many attributes to his game.

Another great free signing by Palace.

eagle-leg 23-08-2015 07:18 AM

Great ability to shoot hard and shoot on target.

Shouldn't be underestimated.

delboy01 23-08-2015 07:35 AM

Give him a chance to play as striker V Shrewsbury.

We could solve our 20 goal man problem with Sako. And we signed him for zip. Great piece of work.

davematt 23-08-2015 07:39 AM

He'll get 8-10 goals this season going on his second half performance as a wide player.

Pace, power and one hell of a left foot on him.

Oisin 23-08-2015 07:52 AM

Was pretty woeful first half and I was surprised it was Wilf who came off. But second half with the team more structured he came right into the game. We all knew he can finish from his time at Wolves but he is a better passer of the ball than I thought. A really good option. To think we have Yala, Wilf, Punch and Sako is preposterous. I don't think any team in the world can cram as many maverick wide men into a match day squad.

Macman100 23-08-2015 08:07 AM

Wolves fan in peace!

Absolutely delighted for Bakary on his performance and goal yesterday. You really do have a gem there who is NEVER afraid to take on defenders and shoot with his lethal left foot. I have seen Wolves home and away since the dark days of the mid-eighties, I was lucky to see the Steve Bull years, and I was there to see a 16 year old Robbie Keane make his debut in a 2-0 win at Norwich (he got both goals). Well Sako is our modern day version - my third favourite Wolves player of all time.

He could have left us when we got relegated into League One, but he stayed loyal and fired us (pretty much single-handed) back into the Championship, and last season we finished 7th mainly due to him. We knew he was leaving once his contract ended and wanted PL football that Wolves couldn't offer him. We love this guy to bits.

The fact we are 17th now (appreciate it's early days) shows how much he meant to us. Crystal Palace now have our hero, and all Wolves fans are following his exploits now (read our MolineuxMix forum if you don't believe me!)

Remember this guy had no pre-season, and I believe Wolves gave him his own fitness regime to help him keep fit until he found a club. What he did yesterday he will do each game he plays and I fully expect him to terrorise defences constantly and unleash left foot strikes, on target, very regularly. Combined with the talent you already have, he can only get better.

Good luck for the season, and like all Wolves fans, we wil be watch Bakary's career develop with so much interest with the Eagles. The 'Mali Eagle' has landed.

cantspell 23-08-2015 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oisin (Post 12541314)
Was pretty woeful first half and I was surprised it was Wilf who came off. But second half with the team more structured he came right into the game. We all knew he can finish from his time at Wolves but he is a better passer of the ball than I thought. A really good option. To think we have Yala, Wilf, Punch and Sako is preposterous. I don't think any team in the world can cram as many maverick wide men into a match day squad.

Combination of nerves and being asked to play in a central midfield position first half caused him not to play as well first half - 2nd half in correct position he played very well

Kuqi32 23-08-2015 10:07 AM

He was much better when he stayed out wide.
Great link up with Souare.
He'll only get better and he'll gain confidence from his goal.

Bones14 23-08-2015 10:10 AM

This guy is a serious footballer. Big, strong, direct and FREE.

Got a wicked shot on him as well.

CamberleyEagle 23-08-2015 10:11 AM

I was expecting to see a headline of Bak Sak and Crack in the Sun after he smashed in the winner but that paper's not what it used to be. Maybe they're saving it for if he gets caught with an illegal substance.

Biggineagle 23-08-2015 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuqi32 (Post 12541512)
Great link up with Souare.

Indeedy was a joy to watch, reminded me of my old days:)

glaziers fan 23-08-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamberleyEagle (Post 12541523)
I was expecting to see a headline of Bak Sak and Crack in the Sun after he smashed in the winner but that paper's not what it used to be. Maybe they're saving it for if he gets caught with an illegal substance.

#61 - the journalists at the tabloids really have gone downhill, you're right!

glaziers fan 23-08-2015 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macman100 (Post 12541329)
Wolves fan in peace!

Absolutely delighted for Bakary on his performance and goal yesterday. You really do have a gem there who is NEVER afraid to take on defenders and shoot with his lethal left foot. I have seen Wolves home and away since the dark days of the mid-eighties, I was lucky to see the Steve Bull years, and I was there to see a 16 year old Robbie Keane make his debut in a 2-0 win at Norwich (he got both goals). Well Sako is our modern day version - my third favourite Wolves player of all time.

He could have left us when we got relegated into League One, but he stayed loyal and fired us (pretty much single-handed) back into the Championship, and last season we finished 7th mainly due to him. We knew he was leaving once his contract ended and wanted PL football that Wolves couldn't offer him. We love this guy to bits.

The fact we are 17th now (appreciate it's early days) shows how much he meant to us. Crystal Palace now have our hero, and all Wolves fans are following his exploits now (read our MolineuxMix forum if you don't believe me!)

Remember this guy had no pre-season, and I believe Wolves gave him his own fitness regime to help him keep fit until he found a club. What he did yesterday he will do each game he plays and I fully expect him to terrorise defences constantly and unleash left foot strikes, on target, very regularly. Combined with the talent you already have, he can only get better.

Good luck for the season, and like all Wolves fans, we wil be watch Bakary's career develop with so much interest with the Eagles. The 'Mali Eagle' has landed.

Do you think he can play upfront on his own?

Yoda 23-08-2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macman100 (Post 12541329)
Wolves fan in peace!

Thank you Macman for a generous endorsement of an ex-player. He did well, and put himself about a lot for a big bloke in hot conditions. Especially given he's not had a full pre-season with us.

Your mail is in total contrast to the bile heaped on Wickham on here by the Sunderland fans....time will tell whether they were correct, or very bitter.

Macman100 23-08-2015 12:37 PM

Can he play up front on his own? He would certainly give it his best shot, but personally speaking (and that might not be every Wolves' fans view) it wouldn't be the best option. Attacking left sided midfield, where can run at defenders will be his best position. He won't score many headers, or right footed goals, but fierce left foot screamers and volleys will be plentiful. His second half performance yesterday was what he did at Wolves for (pretty much) 90 minutes a game. Every time he got the ball, we expected magic, and he rarely let us down.

We were all hoping he wouldn't get on your bench so we could have him back on loan in January!

willcpfc 23-08-2015 03:13 PM

Just seen highlights of the Villa game. Bakery looks very good and a bit different to our other options. Powerful and direct. I can see him being a match winner! :lux: