CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 17-12-2019 12:13 AM

Obviously I don't know the truth but this 'alright to play but could only last 45 minutes' line does sound a little bit convenient.

It's like 'yeah, I can play there gaffer, but don't blame me too much if I'm crap, I've got this slight niggle.'

Goes out, plays crap and then at half-time 'Yeah, it's this niggle, I'm struggling, I don't think I can play any more'.

I know I sound suspicious but I've just never been convinced by his body language, mentality or if he's really up for the fight. After so long out I would have expected him to be chomping at the bit, desperate for a chance to prove himself and willing to put any pain to the back of his mind and play through it. There was no sign of it being so painful he simply couldn't carry on, in fact no sign of an injury at all. Compare that to Scott Dann the other week at Burnley. Jairo just comes across as the kind of player who wants to hide.

Ian Hart 17-12-2019 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 15020169)
It does strike me as the football equivalent of ‘diplomatic flu’.

I understand why people would jump to that conclusion.

But I tuned into Radio 5 at half time, and Clinton Morrison was saying he would be surprised if he came out second half as he knew for a fact that he'd got an injury in training, and it had been touch and go if he would be fit enough to start - and so CM had been watching him closely and was sure the injury was troubling him

MFBias 17-12-2019 12:16 AM

If it’s true, fair play to him for pulling on a shirt.

red&blue_moomin 17-12-2019 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 15019946)
He got hooked for being well off the pace and badly out of position. Im not buying the PR move by Hodgson.

Macca was total dogshit at LB. Their goal came from Macca wandering off and not knowing what he was doing. As soon as Macca was on at LB we looked even worse than we had in the first half. Their number 11 was on him constantly and he did terribly. Jairo was ok. Macca was terrible.

Dave Hedgehog 17-12-2019 12:18 AM

Injured or not, he looks out of shape.

red&blue_moomin 17-12-2019 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 15020205)
Obviously I don't know the truth but this 'alright to play but could only last 45 minutes' line does sound a little bit convenient.

It's like 'yeah, I can play there gaffer, but don't blame me too much if I'm crap, I've got this slight niggle.'

Goes out, plays crap and then at half-time 'Yeah, it's this niggle, I'm struggling, I don't think I can play any more'.

I know I sound suspicious but I've just never been convinced by his body language, mentality or if he's really up for the fight. After so long out I would have expected him to be chomping at the bit, desperate for a chance to prove himself and willing to put any pain to the back of his mind and play through it. There was no sign of it being so painful he simply couldn't carry on, in fact no sign of an injury at all. Compare that to Scott Dann the other week at Burnley. Jairo just comes across as the kind of player who wants to hide.

You're being an incredible incredible incredible total dickhead here. An injured player has gone out and played and then done himself. Most fans would applaud that. Clearly not you.

I mean clearly Roy Hodgson and Clinton Morrison are liars. FFS embarrasing.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 17-12-2019 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 15020220)
You're being an incredible incredible incredible total dickhead here. An injured player has gone out and played and then done himself. Most fans would applaud that. Clearly not you.

I mean clearly Roy Hodgson and Clinton Morrison are liars. FFS embarrasing.

HAHA

It's just an opinion/ theory. I haven't called Roy or Clinton liars, you... oh I don't know, incredible incredible incredible total dickhead? I am saying the player may be making more of the injury than was really there. As I said it sounds a bit convenient from his point of view. It's also clear I'm not the only one on here isn't completely convinced about the story.

I didn't see any sign of him struggling with an injury - I just saw him struggling to play at left back (which I do in part understand as well because it isn't his most suited position). If he was badly injured I would be surprised he felt able to start and would have expected him to show signs of the injury too. Doesn't mean I'm right, just observing that it sounds like a bit of a convenient excuse. Especially when it is in the context of a player who has turned down good loan moves because according to reports, he wasn't prepared to go unless guaranteed first team football. He has never seemed quite up for the fight to prove himself to me.

MFBias 17-12-2019 12:26 AM

Ignore the windup merchant. I never knew Danny Butterfield had small man syndrome.

Hedgehog 17-12-2019 01:27 AM

To be fair, I didn't notice Jeffrey Schlupp looking injured in the first half of the Watford game before he went off.

Martin H 17-12-2019 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 15020205)

Hip injuries are very difficult to play through although I don't know exactly what type of hip injury he has. My surprise is more that he managed to get through a supervised fitness test without it being clear that he wouldn't make it. Can see how he might kid himself he was fit with the scale of opportunity on offer but surprised he could get past the docs.

Essexeagle 17-12-2019 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15020268)
Hip injuries are very difficult to play through although I don't know exactly what type of hip injury he has. My surprise is more that he managed to get through a supervised fitness test without it being clear that he wouldn't make it. Can see how he might kid himself he was fit with the scale of opportunity on offer but surprised he could get past the docs.

Could be one of those ones that you can loosen up, but when you are actually playing, taking contact and it stiffens up it really affects your mobility. Am guessing the coaching staff wanted him to be fit.

First half - Jairo isn't that fit and gets no protection
Second half - Macca is playing as left back and looks totally and utterly lost

bern5161 17-12-2019 06:19 AM

He may not know how to play left back but he does know his way around a knife and fork

TheCharmer1 17-12-2019 06:20 AM

presumably its easier to get injuries when you're not match fit and don't play many u23 games?

glaziers fan 17-12-2019 06:53 AM

Jairo played some good passes to begin with. Looked unfit though, and I’m sure his Palace career is now over. Feel for him.

aj4england 17-12-2019 09:16 AM

Needs to play instead of Luka in a game or two , to really see what he can do or not

MFBias 17-12-2019 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 15020531)
Needs to play instead of Luka in a game or two , to really see what he can do or not

McCarthy is well ahead of him. We would play Meyer or Camarasa ahead of him using Kouyate instead of Milivojevic long before Riedewald gets a start.

Yoda 17-12-2019 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 15020531)

Needs to work on his core fitness before he could play that role, whether he had an injury yesterday or not.

Kai 17-12-2019 09:55 AM

Jairo was no worse than rest of the team. By far the worst players out there were Luka, Macca and Kouyate and they are in the team every bloody week no matter what

Green Bin 17-12-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 15020204)
He did fine. He managed to make some tackles/blocks and was one of the better passers of the ball. Macca was dogshit at LB. Brightons goal came from Macca being hopeless at LB. Everytime he got the ball he had to stop and check back to get it onto his right foot. Thus letting a Brighton player close him down or flat out get the ball off him.

Roy has admitted he got the tactics totally wrong. Our midfield in the first half was awful. Brighton played around us and got at our backline constantly.

I also thought he was doing Ok and was surprised he came off. Made some good tackles, and blocks, some decent passes and also got forward a couple of times. Not helped by how slow our midfield was (only Macca got forward or really challenged anyone) and Benteke first half was jogging around, 'sort of' closing down players but actually giving them the time to do just what they wanted. Wilf was in no-mans land in the first half.

Jasper 17-12-2019 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai (Post 15020598)
Jairo was no worse than rest of the team. By far the worst players out there were Luka, Macca and Kouyate and they are in the team every bloody week no matter what

With Luka, Macca and Kouyate in the team every bloody week we are 9th with 23 points and haven't lost to a team outside the top 7.