CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Golf Boy 29-12-2019 07:54 AM

I’d like to see him play further forward instead of Meyer. He could really link the play up but i fear he isn’t physical enough for Roy.

west eagle 29-12-2019 08:15 AM

If we had the cover, would be good to see him more central. Looks decent going forward and links well with wilf

Mr Palace 29-12-2019 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 15035055)
JR needs to improve his match fitness, which will come with minutes, whilst MM needs to improve his physical fitness as he barely lasted for half the game and had pretty much dropped off the radar before then

Interesting that all the overt squawking for MM's creative presence in the team has reduced and the positive talk is mostly about JR. Roy vindicated once again

Meyer has barely played and then is asked to play twice in two days. It was hardly surprising that he would fade a bit. He played well and was denied a very good goal.

Surprised you and some others can’t see Meyer’s talent. He’s a quality player and in a more creative/attacking set up he would do very well.

As for Riedewald, it’s good to see him finally getting some games. He’s a good player technically. Hodgson is the one who never used him until he had no other choice.

CpfcLoz 29-12-2019 09:34 AM

I like Jairo, hes good on the ball, tidy passer and always seems calm with the ball. crazy that we haven't used him. hes proving Roy wrong here. would be nice to see him take Luka's place, might give us a bit more possession in midfield.

Another Oxted Eagle 29-12-2019 09:48 AM

My impression of JR is that he’s a quick passer of the ball , usually looking to get it forward which works when we’ve got Wilf who is always happy to get it to feet with his back to goal. JR has misplaced a few previously in bad areas to lose the ball but over the past 2 games it seems they’ve been coaching that out of him. I’d much rather see him get a run than MM who just doesn’t seem to fit into the way we play.

glenn.f 29-12-2019 09:58 AM

My first thought after Kelly dropped his bollock was, at least it wasn't Jairo. A few solid games and he will surely cement a bit more trust from Roy that he is more than capable of doing a job within our thin squad.
He's definitely a player I'd like to see succeed and if he wants to look for some inspiration, then Martin Kelly's route to the first team isn't too dissimilar. Classy looking player is Jairo and he doesn't appear too shy at getting forward either.

BillyTKid 29-12-2019 10:05 AM

He is clearly has quality and is still only 23. Really strange he has been given so few chances when Roy himself stated he works hard in training and is a good egg.

Ardent Eagle Forever 29-12-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west eagle (Post 15035235)
and links well with wilf

A fact commented on by the radio London commentator Jamie Scowcroft yesterday.

Timbo 29-12-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 15035237)
Meyer has barely played and then is asked to play twice in two days. It was hardly surprising that he would fade a bit. He played well and was denied a very good goal.

Surprised you and some others canít see Meyerís talent. Heís a quality player and in a more creative/attacking set up he would do very well.

As for Riedewald, itís good to see him finally getting some games. Heís a good player technically. Hodgson is the one who never used him until he had no other choice.

Read my recent posts on this thread, I said MM has showed quality!!! But he simply doesn't have the fitness to showcase that quality over 50 let alone 90 minutes. That is a big problem. JR was able to pace himself suitably, last the full 90 and maintain his standards. I want MM to do well, but presently agree with those saying JR seems to be the one more deserving of retaining his place

I also agree with you that maybe Roy missed a trick with the fast improving JR. It will be fantastic if he forces himself into the team

Thefunkymonk 29-12-2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 15035391)
Read my recent posts on this thread, I said MM has showed quality!!! But he simply doesn't have the fitness to showcase that quality over 50 let alone 90 minutes. That is a big problem. JR was able to pace himself suitably, last the full 90 and maintain his standards. I want MM to do well, but presently agree with those saying JR seems to be the one more deserving of retaining his place

I also agree with you that maybe Roy missed a trick with the fast improving JR. It will be fantastic if he forces himself into the team

JR is a very talented player. Can actually pass.

Much like meyer he doesnít fit roy ball. No criticism of Roy itís how he wants to play and itís getting the points on the board

red&blue_moomin 29-12-2019 10:40 AM

Quote:

He played in a side that won a league and got to a Europa League final and I'm pretty sure his first season he was playing as a LB. Think a new manager came in didn't fancy him and started occasionally playing him as a DM. That appears to have marked his card plus add in FDBs disastrous first match. The boy has then not been brought through property.

I agree with Roy that we need players but at the same time he is so unwilling to actually use his squad or certain players off the bench that I can see why the club might hesitate. I could see us bringing the 5 players he wants then him never using them, as the injured players come back. McCarthy was his signing and has not been used anywhere near as much as I thought he would (off the bench) to relieve some pressure.

We are picking so many injuries up because he's flogging the team. Some of that out of necessity caused by our very stupid transfer policy. The rest by Roy's reliance on certain players to the point where they are being overworked.

I love Roy but we all know he has a few blind spots/habits about certain things. He also has a definite idea of what he wants and creative ability in the middle of the park is less prized.

I hope for Jairos sake that he manages to keep his little mini run in the side going for a few more matches to gain Roys trust.

BillyTKid 29-12-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 15035414)
He played in a side that won a league and got to a Europa League final and I'm pretty sure his first season he was playing as a LB. Think a new manager came in didn't fancy him and started occasionally playing him as a DM. That appears to have marked his card plus add in FDBs disastrous first match. The boy has then not been brought through property.

I agree with Roy that we need players but at the same time he is so unwilling to actually use his squad or certain players off the bench that I can see why the club might hesitate. I could see us bringing the 5 players he wants then him never using them, as the injured players come back. McCarthy was his signing and has not been used anywhere near as much as I thought he would (off the bench) to relieve some pressure.

We are picking so many injuries up because he's flogging the team. Some of that out of necessity caused by our very stupid transfer policy. The rest by Roy's reliance on certain players to the point where they are being overworked.

I love Roy but we all know he has a few blind spots/habits about certain things. He also has a definite idea of what he wants and creative ability in the middle of the park is less prized.

I hope for Jairos sake that he manages to keep his little mini run in the side going for a few more matches to gain Roys trust.

I thought it was funny Roy talking about the bare bones he was down to in his post match interview. Highlighting that Wickham has hardly played for 3 years, Camarasa hasnít had a start and Reidewald has only played a handful of games. Those players havenít won a competition to be on the bench for palace. They are all experienced players who earn a lot of money. Itís Roy and his team that have chosen to give them next to no minutes.

mushroom 29-12-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyTKid (Post 15035376)
He is clearly has quality and is still only 23. Really strange he has been given so few chances when Roy himself stated he works hard in training and is a good egg.

I think that hasnít always been the case. He certainly put on some timber and Mark Bright said he needs to work harder in training and during U23s games. Maybe the penny has dropped with JR.

mushroom 29-12-2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyTKid (Post 15035422)
I thought it was funny Roy talking about the bare bones he was down to in his post match interview. Highlighting that Wickham has hardly played for 3 years, Camarasa hasnít had a start and Reidewald has only played a handful of games. Those players havenít won a competition to be on the bench for palace. They are all experienced players who earn a lot of money. Itís Roy and his team that have chosen to give them next to no minutes.

You donít get game time based on how much you earn. CW canít stay fit. Camarasa canít turn up to training and JR has only just pulled his finger out.

BillyTKid 29-12-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 15035431)
You donít get game time based on how much you earn. CW canít stay fit. Camarasa canít turn up to training and JR has only just pulled his finger out.

They have been on the bench loads though. If you donít give them some minutes then I donít think you can complain about them having a lack of minutes.

mushroom 29-12-2019 10:58 AM

Roy... quite rightly puts a high currency on a first team place... this lets the team know... if ya donít buy in to his hard work ethic, you ainít getting in... it keeps standards high. Players also know if you drop out the first team, it is fukkin hard to get back in.
I like the way Roy drops Meyer/Benteke for Jimmy Mac/Ayew... he doesnít see what ya earning... or who you might have played for... he judges you purely on performance and work rate.

Mr Palace 29-12-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Fair points but Meyer would be fitter if played more. Riedewald is also starting to look better having started to play more. Good news.

norwoodeagle 29-12-2019 10:59 AM

Jairo has come into the team, playing out of position but still putting in good performances.
Against Southampton he showed some great quality, quick passing, link up with Wilf, and defensively sound. I have the feeling he will come into the team and be an ever present before long.

mushroom 29-12-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyTKid (Post 15035435)
They have been on the bench loads though. If you donít give them some minutes then I donít think you can complain about them having a lack of minutes.

No... I think RH plays it right. He is too old to care about egos or hurt feelings. You hit a certain performance level or you ainít getting minutes. Ayew realises this after spending a year here... look how well heís playing now. Minutes need to be earned.... not given away

mushroom 29-12-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norwoodeagle (Post 15035443)
Jairo has come into the team, playing out of position but still putting in good performances.
Against Southampton he showed some great quality, quick passing, link up with Wilf, and defensively sound. I have the feeling he will come into the team and be an ever present before long.

Yes.. (although I donít think he was brilliant at West Ham), but it seems the penny has dropped with JR. He has lost some timber... he has been given a taste of first team football... now he needs to make himself a viable selection for RH. Itís all on him.