CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

doogleboy 11-01-2020 04:30 PM

Brilliant today

thereichstuff 11-01-2020 04:31 PM

Jairo was very good today .

Maidstonecpfc 11-01-2020 04:34 PM

Great performance and really pleased to see that he has grabbed his opportunity to impress after being written off by just about everyone.

Pete79 11-01-2020 04:40 PM

The established view is that our squad is weak and yet we're picking up points each week with almost half the squad out injured. We have Kelly at RB, Riedewald at LB, we've had Kouyate at CB, Ayew on the wing, Wickham scoring up front (ok, I know that's his position...), Meyer all over midfield. Each of them have contributed.

Its almost as if our squad is actually quite strong and that we just need a bit more quality in the first 11. In fact if we hadn't sold AWB we'd only be looking at a forward and back up wide player.

Bungalow 11-01-2020 04:40 PM

Glad to see him having a run and playing better each game. One bonus arising from the current injury problems.

Old Joe Paxton 11-01-2020 04:42 PM

I like the way he runs and throws the ball. Like I would do.
Awkward and ungainly.

But the rest of his game , not so at all.

TC EAGLE 11-01-2020 04:45 PM

Really pleased for the lad, he was excellent today and has made it tough for Roy to drop him when PVA is fit

Alfies army 11-01-2020 04:49 PM

He was excellent today he’s best game for palace!

Lombardo's hair 11-01-2020 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete79 (Post 15055171)
The established view is that our squad is weak and yet we're picking up points each week with almost half the squad out injured. We have Kelly at RB, Riedewald at LB, we've had Kouyate at CB, Ayew on the wing, Wickham scoring up front (ok, I know that's his position...), Meyer all over midfield. Each of them have contributed.

Its almost as if our squad is actually quite strong and that we just need a bit more quality in the first 11. In fact if we hadn't sold AWB we'd only be looking at a forward and back up wide player.

I've said the same before. It must raise questions about Riys use of the squad...especially during busy periods like xmas. Or when players are out of form. It also raises questions about his lack of use of subs. The excuse that there is no quality is not holding up to scrutiny. Was Sorloth as bad as Roy led us to believe?

SussexRed&Blue 11-01-2020 04:51 PM

Be interesting to see what Roy does when PVA is back.

Maybe Jairo will get the chance to provide some creativity from the Central Midfield area.

He could provide the blend between creativity and being a solid unit.

mylona 11-01-2020 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 15054958)
He is a very good footballer.

Agree. Hope we see more of him.

Ardent Eagle Forever 11-01-2020 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstonecpfc (Post 15055153)
Great performance and really pleased to see that he has grabbed his opportunity to impress after being written off by just about everyone.

I never wrote him off. I remember the city game at selhurst where luka missed the penalty. He played well that day but we saw little of him thereafter. He's definitely taking his chance now. Glad for the lad. It's like a new signing.

Hedgehog 11-01-2020 05:03 PM

Always looking to take a quick throw-in also (which he did a couple of times today) rather than the fuffing around we usually do at throw-ins.

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o 11-01-2020 05:03 PM

V
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 15055008)
I have been a critic too but thought he did well today. Not as well as some of you seem to.

He made a bit of a mess of a ball close to the edge of our box which required a superb defensive block from McCarthy to save us.

Generally good though and certainly looks far more comfortable at left back than he did a few weeks ago.

Glad you're eating a certain amount of humble pie..good to see...let's hope you have to do the same in due course about your other favourite..Sorloth !
I think you're also very picky about his one error.
Everyone makes at least one mistake per game.

Well done Jairo..great game.

GB2506 11-01-2020 05:08 PM

Get him in midfield!! He can actually pass the ball. Hope he kicks on and continues in the side

Hedgehog 11-01-2020 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Arthur (Post 15055077)
I'm delighted for him. Moved to a foreign country to play for a Dutch manager. That goes to pot after a few weeks, then frozen out. Must have been quite a lonely time for him.

There was a small documentary shown over here where they followed 3 young dutch players. I don't recall the other two, but Jairo was one of them, and it was made during his transfer to Palace.

It looked pretty grim for him from the off, and they showed him living either in a small hotel room of small very sterile flat and he was alone eating food out of cans on paper plates. Felt for him from the day I saw this - he cut a very isolated figure.

PalaceForever 11-01-2020 05:15 PM

Very pleased for him, hope this run continues in the first team and his confidence keeps building.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 11-01-2020 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete79 (Post 15055171)

It is relatively strong in a lot of areas. But not at right back and not in terms of attacking players. Of course Roy needs to tactical in terms of moaning about squad depth in order to put pressure on the owners for more investment.

cpfc4evandeva 11-01-2020 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaspercpfc (Post 15055000)
Pleased for the guy, his emergence in the last month is such a positive story all round. At 23 he is still young, but I still find it slightly concerning that had the regulars been fit Roy wouldn't have used him in any way shape or form and he'd have been regarded as a mercenary and been heading out the door.

Agree with this. I love Hodgson, but the question has to be asked about how Riedeweld became an afterthought.

aderuk1 11-01-2020 05:26 PM

Turning in to a decent tidy player