CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o 12-01-2020 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 15055454)
He looked shattered for the last 10 minutes

He'd taken a blow to the ribs and was struggling.

Sir.S.C Remembered 12-01-2020 08:17 AM

Very solid and mature performances at the start and now growing in confidence and spraying balls around too. That’s why CM makes sense as he passes well and can tackle.

Proves our squad was always deep. Still haven’t started a youth lad in the league despite the injuries and we have the likes of Jairo often not making the bench when he’s an international.

bodger 12-01-2020 09:10 AM

He now looks fit and he can play if we get a l/b he can play in Meyers place a very good squad player. I hope him doing well does not give the money men a reason not to spend on a l/b

thereichstuff 12-01-2020 09:15 AM

Roy was very pleased with him in the presser.

Billy Rhino 12-01-2020 09:50 AM

Having watched a couple of streams of him playing for the u23's I thought he was finished here. What a pleasant surprise it's been seeing how good he is at LB, although it has shone a light on how bad Kelly is as a fullback.

Also shows Roy is willing to give younger players a chance if they put the effort him. He said some fantastic words about Jairo being one of our most talented footballers at the Trust meeting.

cockles 12-01-2020 01:17 PM

Encouraging stuff from him for sure. I like it that he took a decent left wing free kick, low trajectory to the edge of the 6 yard box. Tekers or Wickham could well have converted that.
Did not seen him really test yesterday from corners regards defensive headers - which remains his big question mark.

SussexRed&Blue 12-01-2020 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Finch (Post 15055822)
why is everyone saying he should play in midfield when he’s been outstanding at LB?

When he played in Midfield against Man City a while ago he was very good and but for our late Penalty miss we would of won the game 1-0.

Maybe he will get his chance in there again when PVA is back at Left Back.

Think potentially he may add some creativity, and passing ability from there. The Midfield blend was better when we had Cabaye and we have not really had an all rounder in there since then.

GB2506 12-01-2020 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodger (Post 15056742)
He now looks fit and he can play if we get a l/b he can play in Meyers place a very good squad player. I hope him doing well does not give the money men a reason not to spend on a l/b

When PvA is back you would play him right midfield instead of Meyer??

GB2506 12-01-2020 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Finch (Post 15055822)
why is everyone saying he should play in midfield when heís been outstanding at LB?

Because he can actually pass the ball

hdeagle 12-01-2020 02:17 PM

I would play him at left back and play PVA further up the pitch as a left winger as he is quick, has an eye for goal and can cross a ball.

COYP

Martin H 12-01-2020 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdeagle (Post 15057221)
I would play him at left back and play PVA further up the pitch as a left winger as he is quick, has an eye for goal and can cross a ball.

COYP

I definitely wouldnít. The width and crosses come from the full backs. Moving Jairo forward makes sense.

Stavros 69 12-01-2020 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB2506 (Post 15057182)
Because he can actually pass the ball

And he then moves, creating space and opportunities.

hdeagle 12-01-2020 02:35 PM

Yesterday Jairo nullified one of the trickiest wingers in the league in Pepe and so proved that he is a capable left back when called upon.

COYP

mroakley9 12-01-2020 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdeagle (Post 15057256)
Yesterday Jairo nullified one of the trickiest wingers in the league in Pepe and so proved that he is a capable left back when called upon.

COYP

pepe's been nullifying himself all season mate

PHIL BARBER 12-01-2020 04:09 PM

Worrying how Roy ignored him for so long.

hdeagle 12-01-2020 04:22 PM

Due to our injury crisis he has been promoted to the first team and this is his big chance to state a claim for a regular place in the first team squad.

Yesterday he passed his examination with flying colours and impressed Roy with a MOM performance against a team on the up.

COYP

SussexRed&Blue 12-01-2020 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER (Post 15057413)

I don't think it was a case of ignoring him.

Roy by all accounts said that he is one of the best footballers at the club on a technical basis and been a good pro.

Think the reason why he hasn't had more of an opportunity is the strength in depth in the Midfield area and maybe he was lacking the intensity and fitness to play in the Premier League. Seems like he has now addressed this and it is starting to look like we could have a real player on our hands.

With his situation as well can't of been easy moving to a new country as a young guy and then the manager who signed him is sacked shortly after he arrives.

Old Joe Paxton 12-01-2020 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER (Post 15057413)

I said that yesterday on match forum but apparently many came back to say itís fine that he hasnít had a look in barely for 18 months and that Roy has developed him and its nothing to do with Roy having a narrow focus on a certain playing style throughout the team and there shouldnít be a critique of Roy as we are ninth, we have not budget and we need hagiography only of him. So itís all fine.

Stellavista 12-01-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15055996)
LOL the old ones are the best.....

Why? He looks slimmer to me.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 12-01-2020 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joe Paxton (Post 15057432)
I said that yesterday on match forum but apparently many came back to say itís fine that he hasnít had a look in barely for 18 months and that Roy has developed him and its nothing to do with Roy having a narrow focus on a certain playing style throughout the team and there shouldnít be a critique of Roy as we are ninth, we have not budget and we need hagiography only of him. So itís all fine.

No. Lots of us said that was a very simplistic way of looking at it and we have other players who have been doing very well for Roy and have done the job he has asked with success. Are you dismissing that maybe the player has improved and added to his game as well?

And I said calling it a "scandal" that he wasn't being selected was absurd.