CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

917L 19-01-2020 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle (Post 15066821)
Not for me and I don't think I'm on my own. As I said, love PVA but he's definitely got some competition now, which is a good thing.

Oh, I agree with your second sentence, fully

swhib 19-01-2020 09:01 AM

How much longer has he got on his contract? If he carries on like this some bigger clubs might start to sniff around.

spt1978 19-01-2020 09:05 AM

Perhaps we should get FdB back as head of recruitment. He also signed RLC.

I will get my coat.

GB2506 19-01-2020 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 917L (Post 15066818)
Riedewald has done well, no doubt and probably surpassed most people's expectations, maybe even Roys

However PVA is still first choice by a decent margin

Donít agree with that. The shirt is Jairoís at the moment and he has earned it. He shouldnít lose it when PvA is back from injury, PvA will need to work hard to get it back. We actually now have 2 very good left back options!

Penstone Eagle 19-01-2020 09:18 AM

Playing very well.

Shame it's taken injuries for his talent to be recognised.

chateauferret 19-01-2020 09:21 AM

The bloke who's not getting back in at the moment is Milivojevic. That's two or three times now the midfield has looked better with him suspended and his set pieces have been dire. Doesn't do anything that would be better against teams that park the 'bus than the other players either - but Riedewald might.

Braders 19-01-2020 09:23 AM

Good player, playing well. Needs to focus on stopping crosses coming in and then that is him doing everything right.

Sureagle 19-01-2020 09:26 AM

He signed a five year contract in June 2017. So we have him until June 2022

Garfy 19-01-2020 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle (Post 15067212)
Playing very well.

He had to do it for himself and that included getting fit. That said must have been a blow losing his manager so soon in FdB and being vilified for the loss against Huddersfield.

Lambeth Palace 19-01-2020 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joe Paxton (Post 15066207)
Is this ballroom dancing?
Not being funny what does that mean? In football terms? Maybe am exposing myself to ridicule but no idea what this term means.

I am 52.

Two deep lying ball carrying defensive midfielders playing in front of the back four in a 4-2-3-1 formation popularised in Spanish league football in the late 90s by coaches like Victor Fernandez. It's out of fashion currently as it's considered too defensive but, Jairo would be perfect for anyone wanting to play that way.

Skintagain 19-01-2020 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambeth Palace (Post 15067384)
Two deep lying ball carrying defensive midfielders playing in front of the back four in a 4-2-3-1 formation popularised in Spanish league football in the late 90s by coaches like Victor Fernandez. It's out of fashion currently as it's considered too defensive but, Jairo would be perfect for anyone wanting to play that way.

That's where I see Jairo, next to Luka, it'd be nice to have a DM that could pass as well as defend.

With McCarthy seemingly improving and the injured players to come back it could make for a vastly improved midfield.

PS, glad he got away with the penalty shout as I'm sure it would have been a major blow to his self confidence if he got blamed for us losing.

Lombardo's hair 19-01-2020 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle (Post 15067212)
Playing very well.

A point I've made many times. People assume we have no strength in depth because Roy plays the same 13 or 14 players week in week out. Doesnt bring on subs as he has no options is the excuse given. Then we have a plethora of injuries...AWB appears. Jairo gets a run out. Others are thrown into the mix and perform creditably...Pierrick showed he has something to offer..but doesnt getvused when we are trailing...no bring on a defender. Meyer shows when going forward hes a clever player. It makes me wonder what other gems we have in the background. Was Camarasa crap or Roy didntcwant to upset the other MF players. Also JR is not a natural LB. I think hed be superb in MF.

exiledeagle 19-01-2020 11:37 AM

My concern is that when PVA is fit he will be first choice Left Back ( and probably rightly so ) RH hasn't so far been keen to play Jairo in midfield so would he want to stay with us with the probability his game time will be limited again .

bodger 19-01-2020 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braders (Post 15067232)
Good player, playing well. Needs to focus on stopping crosses coming in and then that is him doing everything right.

That can be said of the whole team both goals were stoppable but our players were tired so mistakes will happen, anyway he now looks fit and has earned his place with good solid performances as with AWB injuries have unearthed a quality player.

adrenalin john 19-01-2020 11:56 AM

If Jairo could physically apply himself I am sure Roy would love to play him in midfield.

They way people go on about it, its as if Roy deliberately wants players to not be good technically.

He played RLC, when at times I thought he was a passenger, but he came good because Roy had faith in him.

He played Tosun from the off and publicly thanked Dougie for bring him in. You have to have a certain amount of power, energy and pace just to play in the premier league - after that level is reached it is about skill, confidence and tactics/organisation, but you have to reach that level first.

Kouyate isn't even a 1/3rd of the player Meyer is technically but the truth is he has been more effective for us than Max, who has only really impressed when coming on for the last 20 minutes when the opposition is tired and stretched.

I hope the guilder has dropped with Jairo and he knows what he has to do physically and mentally now and that this spell in the side has given him the confidence and desire to do it.

If he could scrap, sense danger and cover like a Mac then his touch and passing skills would mark him out as one hell of a player.

I love the thought of PVA as left back, Jairo left midfield and Zaha ahead of them - could be lethal in an attacking triangle

palaceboy1 19-01-2020 12:05 PM

Not sure full back will be his best position , can’t tackle , small , no pace . Midfield but has he got the work rate . I like his on the ball skills but not sure the way we play that he can warrant a starting place if everyone is fit

Stavros 69 19-01-2020 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrenalin john (Post 15067620)
If Jairo could physically apply himself I am sure Roy would love to play him in midfield.

They way people go on about it, its as if Roy deliberately wants players to not be good technically.

He played RLC, when at times I thought he was a passenger, but he came good because Roy had faith in him.

He played Tosun from the off and publicly thanked Dougie for bring him in. You have to have a certain amount of power, energy and pace just to play in the premier league - after that level is reached it is about skill, confidence and tactics/organisation, but you have to reach that level first.

Kouyate isn't even a 1/3rd of the player Meyer is technically but the truth is he has been more effective for us than Max, who has only really impressed when coming on for the last 20 minutes when the opposition is tired and stretched.

I hope the guilder has dropped with Jairo and he knows what he has to do physically and mentally now and that this spell in the side has given him the confidence and desire to do it.

If he could scrap, sense danger and cover like a Mac then his touch and passing skills would mark him out as one hell of a player.

I love the thought of PVA as left back, Jairo left midfield and Zaha ahead of them - could be lethal in an attacking triangle

It takes time to adapt to the league. If Jario can get 8 more games this season he could be a real asset next season.

red&blue_moomin 19-01-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palaceboy1 (Post 15067633)
Not sure full back will be his best position , canít tackle , small , no pace . Midfield but has he got the work rate . I like his on the ball skills but not sure the way we play that he can warrant a starting place if everyone is fit

He's just under 6ft FFS. We've been beaten 1 match in 10. I'd suggest he's done more than well enough to not just give PVA his place back. Can't tackle? I seem to recall watching him make a match saving tackle in a match we went on to win?

mushroom 19-01-2020 01:02 PM

He is a good player... technically... our best. He seems to have added work rate to his game... and lost a bit of timber... hopefully the penny has dropped.

I wonder if those saying he should have been playing for last two years, ever watched him for u23s?

Timbo 19-01-2020 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 15067736)
He is a good player... technically... our best. He seems to have added work rate to his game... and lost a bit of timber... hopefully the penny has dropped.

I wonder if those saying he should have been playing for last two years, ever watched him for u23s?

I think the penny has begun to drop and he is beginning to realise the benefit of working hard on fitness, and concentration etc. Depending upon your definition, on recent performance, I would still place WZ and maybe a couple of other outfielders ahead of him in the technical stakes though, but JR still has more in the tank