CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Jim Cannon 28-08-2017 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenn.f (Post 13807854)
So many short memories. Dann struggled in his first month as well as countless others over the years that have gone on to do well for us. He obviously has a bit of pedigree but why not write him off after that one debacle of a match where he was hardly solely responsible. Probably the same supporters who were waxing lyrical about him in the Asian Cup game destroying him now.

Dann didn't struggle when he first signed imo.

glenn.f 28-08-2017 10:52 AM

Look at the boards he got hammered by the armchair experts after his first 2 or 3 games but quickly turned things around because he had undoubted quality. Nowt to say Riedewald cannot do the same after one sub standard performance.

minch1 28-08-2017 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenn.f (Post 13807902)
Look at the boards he got hammered by the armchair experts after his first 2 or 3 games but quickly turned things around because he had undoubted quality. Nowt to say Riedewald cannot do the same after one sub standard performance.

That's true but he had experienced hands like Deleaney he could have used till we got the season underway,but was hell bent on 343 and put the lad in too early and the rabbit was stunned in the headlight and put Hennesey under pressure too knocking his confidence with dodgy back passes.

Gyro1780 28-08-2017 11:11 AM

He's only played one game & you all want rid already :jerkit: :clown:

Nostrils 28-08-2017 11:14 AM

I think he'll come good. If he gets the chance that is.

GreatGonzo 28-08-2017 11:15 AM

How much of his 1st game was down to a possible injury to his groin? And how the hell have we have 3 groins go in 2 weeks?

Mr Palace 28-08-2017 11:17 AM

He needs much more time. His versatility could also be very useful.

Mad Raschic Ken 28-08-2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gyro1780 (Post 13807947)
He's only played one game & you all want rid already :jerkit: :clown:

I don't think anyone here has said we should get rid if him.

Cpfcbob 28-08-2017 11:19 AM

It's very easy to measure players that are comfortable playing at their current level.
Players that attack and successfully pass forwards can play at current level. Sideways and backwards passing indicates they are struggling. Joniesta constantly passesd sideways for us. Worryingly Puncheon keeps passing sideways for us now. We have huge huge problems this season

NickinOx 28-08-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenn.f (Post 13807902)

Along with Speroni, Cabaye, Zaha, Puncheon, Watson, Southgate, Coleman, Townsend, Benteke, etc.

All of the above have been abused for being crap when they arrived (or got promoted into the first team) and did not instantly perform, or had a bad spell. Look at the grief some of our youngsters get. If they aren't Ronaldo in their first match there are already people moaning.

Like wise, with FDB. I don't like the look of the tactics, but this idea that Sam did much better with the same team does not match reality. Sam did better when Sahko played. Without Sahko his record was about .85 points per match: relegation from. It took Sam 30m in transfers plus Sahko, and it was only when the latter played that we started winning consistently. Our last five games after he was injured saw us win 1 and lose 4.

Same with Jairo, if he had been brought in by Sam, I bet there'd be less moaning. But, because of the insane levels of expectation on here, some people seem to think he should perform like Maldini in his heyday. It is ridiculous.

Of course, none of the above means either will come good, but that doesn't make the extreme criticism correct or reasonable.

NickinOx 28-08-2017 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minch1 (Post 13807940)
That's true but he had experienced hands like Deleaney he could have used till we got the season underway,but was hell bent on 343 and put the lad in too early and the rabbit was stunned in the headlight and put Hennesey under pressure too knocking his confidence with dodgy back passes.

He has looked awful for a year. He gives his all, but he is past it. And that is with four at the back.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 28-08-2017 11:39 AM

If we go to a back 4, I don't know where it leaves him. We suddenly have 4 left backs competing for one slot - I don't think he would be first choice among the centre backs - but maybe he would.

Anyway, more importantly, isn't this thread in the wrong place? :p

Mad Raschic Ken 28-08-2017 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 13808005)
If we go to a back 4, I don't know where it leaves him. We suddenly have 4 left backs competing for one slot - I don't think he would be first choice among the centre backs - but maybe he would.

Anyway, more importantly, isn't this thread in the wrong place? :p

Well I started it because I wondered whether we might cash in before Thursday if the manager goes, so I had a potential transfer in mind. I realise that would have required some mind reading though!

cpfc4evandeva 28-08-2017 11:50 AM

If he was to follow any of our ex-players, I imagine it would be Valerian Ismael.

Let's just hope that whoever is manager in a few games time, Riedewald works out. As a Dutch kid who I'm assuming speaks perfect English, is now living in one of the best cities in the world and with a flight home that is only an hour, I would like to think the club shouldn't have too many issues in settling him in...

stamford triumph 28-08-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpfcbob (Post 13807963)
It's very easy to measure players that are comfortable playing at their current level.
Players that attack and successfully pass forwards can play at current level. Sideways and backwards passing indicates they are struggling. Joniesta constantly passesd sideways for us.

:supergrin: Now I've heard it all. If this is a good way to measure players' ability it would indicate most of the world's best teams and players 'can't play at their current level'.

pauldrulez 28-08-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenn.f (Post 13807854)
So many short memories. Dann struggled in his first month as well as countless others over the years that have gone on to do well for us. He obviously has a bit of pedigree but why not write him off after that one debacle of a match where he was hardly solely responsible. Probably the same supporters who were waxing lyrical about him in the Asian Cup game destroying him now.

He didn't play in the Asia Cup.

Part of the issue for me, only 2 pre-season games to fit in.

Ralph 28-08-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 13807956)
...And how the hell have we have 3 groins go in 2 weeks?

Sums up the w-anchors in our team at the moment.

Happy Arthur 28-08-2017 01:03 PM

Everybody needs a chance. He could be our Rio Ferdinand. His main issue was FdB hanging him out to dry vs Huddersfield.

Levski 28-08-2017 06:00 PM

I've got an odd feeling Reidewald will be one of those guys who plays 1 or 2 games then disappears permanently, a la Campana or Mandanda. Just a total misfit, like the guy who signed him, it seems.

aj4england 28-08-2017 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levski (Post 13808694)
I've got an odd feeling Reidewald will be one of those guys who plays 1 or 2 games then disappears permanently, a la Campana or Mandanda. Just a total misfit, like the guy who signed him, it seems.

If FdB has gone then would make sense to sell if we can , unless he has an engine and can play midfield . Everton were interested could use him in make weight for a forward