CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Kidofwonder 29-08-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken (Post 13810373)
He's playing for the U23s today, so maybe not too far away.

at least 6 weeks and thats if today goes well.Tomorrow morning will be when he'll know.

Mad Raschic Ken 29-08-2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kidofwonder (Post 13810378)
at least 6 weeks and thats if today goes well.Tomorrow morning will be when he'll know.

Sure - we shouldn't rush him back, but six weeks isn't that long in the great scheme of things. Let's hope he comes through today's game ok.

aj4england 29-08-2017 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken (Post 13810381)
Sure - we shouldn't rush him back, but six weeks isn't that long in the great scheme of things. Let's hope he comes through today's game ok.

Considering we don't have a game for 2 weeks!

Sceagle 29-08-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

I'd say it's still a big risk and I'm fed up with the club taking risks. They nearly always come back to bite us.

MFBias 29-08-2017 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceagle (Post 13810339)
Why would we sell a left back? If one gets injured...

As we now have 3 (Schlupp, Riedewald and Van Aanholt) that can play there with one returning to fitness (Souare)

I feel we have cover there, and I dont really like Van Aanholt sonwould welcome the money.

TouchyAndalou 29-08-2017 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken (Post 13807510)
If there is any truth in the FDB rumours, where would that leave Jairo Riedewald? After a poor debut, could he go the same way as Marange a few years ago?

Marange was free transfer and represented limited value, i.e. was never somebody we were going to sell on. Riedewald cost nearly 10million, is young and has potential. Depending on who the new manager is though (in a scenario where FDB gets sales this season) he may be pushed towards going out on loan.

Martin H 29-08-2017 02:40 PM

Quote:

awesome. TBH he is a way better option than PVA for me and if we do stick with 3 CBs I would think we will see the best of him at LWB. He had to learn how to play as a LB as part of a 4 when he arrived and it took him a while. I assumed back then he had been a wingback and he played that for his country in the African nations

Mad Raschic Ken 29-08-2017 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TouchyAndalou (Post 13810621)
Marange was free transfer and represented limited value, i.e. was never somebody we were going to sell on. Riedewald cost nearly 10million, is young and has potential. Depending on who the new manager is though (in a scenario where FDB gets sales this season) he may be pushed towards going out on loan.

My link to the Marange situation was more about whether he might disappear quickly back out of the club without really featuring for us. Obviously this is a different situation and I hope it doesn't happen, because I agree that he is a young player with potential. If the story that FDB has clung on to his role for the time being at least are true, it's all academic anyway.

Martin H 29-08-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceagle (Post 13810401)
I'd say it's still a big risk and I'm fed up with the club taking risks. They nearly always come back to bite us.

I have never quite understood why everyone has been so gloomy about the injury prognosis and less so during recovery because he has always seemed ahead of schedule. To the point I was amazed when I saw him running about as easily/comfortably (to the eye)

Do you know why everyone was so worried?

Obviously on day 1 you would be but later as the injury was understood?

I just wondered if maybe he goes back to the training room and is in agony or something but it doesn't look like that. He seems to have a strong and balanced mentality which must help.

Sceagle 29-08-2017 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 13810517)
As we now have 3 (Schlupp, Riedewald and Van Aanholt) that can play there with one returning to fitness (Souare)

I feel we have cover there, and I dont really like Van Aanholt sonwould welcome the money.

Hmm fair point

Stellavista 29-08-2017 05:38 PM

I do wonder if any sort of serious analysis was done on this player, or whether he was an initial sweetener for Frank. Admittedly, haven't seen much of him yet, but he didn't impress me for an 8m pound player. Did we pay heavily over the odds? I have no idea.

New LP 29-08-2017 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13811171)
I do wonder if any sort of serious analysis was done on this player, or whether he was an initial sweetener for Frank. Admittedly, haven't seen much of him yet, but he didn't impress of an 8m pound player. Did we pay heavily over the odds? I have no idea.

I wonder if any serious analysis was done on FDB himself? Was real thought given to the style of play he is wedded to? How this would be feasible at Palace. His signings are an extension of this.

Martin H 29-08-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

I do wonder if any sort of serious analysis was done on this player, or whether he was an initial sweetener for Frank. Admittedly, haven't seen much of him yet, but he didn't impress me for an 8m pound player. Did we pay heavily over the odds? I have no idea.

I don't think you can judge much based on his first 90 mins.

All second hand but I 'believe' he was genuinely being flagged not so long ago as the next big thing to come from Ajax. He turns 21 in a couple of weeks and has played 92 times for Ajax following his debut at 18/19? and represented Holland at all levels including 3 games for the senior team. He is comfortable at LCB, LB or DM and is known for being accurate and creative from deep positions making inch perfect long passes (weird that because the BBS says they don't ever pass it long in Holland).

He got injured and had a longish spell out I think which lost his place and so on and we have picked him up at that point.

I think we owe him some patience and can imagine he will not be feeling that great having been booed in his first full match for the club.

edit - I also have 'inside information' that he is going to be awesome for us, probably in midfield at first and then CB later where he will Captain us until he 39.

Krise 01-09-2017 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart Austen (Post 13809588)
I was just on holiday in Holland. I was watching a football magazine show with my wife's uncle and they were discussing why FDB signed Riedewald. It translated that none of the panel could understand why FDB would go for the player when there were much better options in the Erevidise

Perhaps because he has massive potential, for the future? Ajax have a brilliant new talented centre back at 18 years old, Matthijs de Ligt https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthijs_de_Ligt That's why they were prepared to let Riedewald go.

exiledeagle 05-09-2017 06:40 PM

Just looking at a clip from his time at Ajax . What I noticed not just about Jairo , but Ajax as a team , was how slow and lack of intensity they had . Reminded me of Swansea first half where there were so many sideway / backward passes . Yes this is just a 6 minute clip , but I hope that if FDB stays our possession football has a bit more intensity and purpose .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vihhlqqjuE

Jim Cannon 05-09-2017 06:45 PM

Quote:

Trouble is 8M doesn't get you much anyway now. He still may be overpriced but just saying, 8M isn't much now

Garfy 05-09-2017 07:10 PM

I'm going to stick my head out and say one day he will prove his quality. To be written off after just one game is crazy.

Stockport_Eagle 05-09-2017 07:49 PM

Signs for Spurs page 403 - 26.5m

CharlieCPFC 05-09-2017 07:51 PM

Hell thrive more as a CDM in my opinion for now while he's developing phsycically.

TheCharmer1 05-09-2017 08:20 PM

Next to sackho he ll thrive. Dann and Tomkins are both mute