CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Dave Hedgehog 05-09-2017 08:25 PM

It's absolutely insane that anybody would write this guy off after one game, in a new 'foreign' league, in a formation that the entire team has struggled with and at the age of 20.

jmemour 05-09-2017 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 (Post 13827305)
Next to sackho he ll thrive. Dann and Tomkins are both mute

Hard to see us playing two left-footed centre backs. People are saying he'll play well at CDM but I can't see him getting a game there, central midfield is the one position we're very well stocked in. Looks like the Sakho signing means we've written this one off after one game. Depressing really, and feel for the lad if that's the case.

Benzhiyi 05-09-2017 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 (Post 13827305)
Next to sackho he ll thrive. Dann and Tomkins are both mute

I dunno… very rare you see two left-footed CBs succeed together at Prem level.

Lord knows why, given you see plenty of all-right-footed pairings.

Golf Boy 05-09-2017 08:28 PM

Is he 3 million better than Mutch?

MrBling 05-09-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog (Post 13827313)
It's absolutely insane that anybody would write this guy off after one game, in a new 'foreign' league, in a formation that the entire team has struggled with and at the age of 20.

Absolutely agree, one game!! I actually despair with some of the posts on here now days, and just thank my lucky stars that the BBS and social media didn't exist when a certain Ian Wright starting playing for us, can you imagine the comments when he took those first sixteen games,all be it mostly as a sub, to score his first goal for us?

Martin H 05-09-2017 08:38 PM

Quite keen to see what Jairo can do in midfield at some point as DM. Paired off alongside Cabaye or Luka he would bring balance but apparently makes a good creative pass from there.

CharlieCPFC 05-09-2017 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmemour (Post 13827315)
Hard to see us playing two left-footed centre backs. People are saying he'll play well at CDM but I can't see him getting a game there, central midfield is the one position we're very well stocked in. Looks like the Sakho signing means we've written this one off after one game. Depressing really, and feel for the lad if that's the case.

Luka will be in front of him all day long and rightly so. But he adds good cover and versatility to the squad.

Green Bin 05-09-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemorris04 (Post 13800909)
He was woeful against Huddersfield and made no attempt to defend the first goal, proper schoolboy stuff. I have seen videos of him at Ajax which seem to also suggest he has very little defensive abilities.

Even if he becomes average which I think is the best we can hope for, it is still an awful signing. If we only had 8m it should have gone on a decent keeper or a striker.

Who would that have been then...Niasse was going to cost us £10m ish?

...it's nice isn't, how you have justed started in a new job, in a new country, with colleagues you barely know, working to a new system, under immense pressure, and basically after one day you have all these people shouting from the sidelines that you're crap.

I bet most of these so-called fans writing players off before they've got started were excellent at what they were doing in the first days of their new job- not. Unbelieveable! This is the mentality that drives football these days

bodger 05-09-2017 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 13827317)
Is he 3 million better than Mutch?

Well we cant even give Mutch away. Reidwald has not had enough game time to judge him i sure would not let him go for 3m until he has.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 05-09-2017 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 (Post 13827305)
Next to sackho he ll thrive. Dann and Tomkins are both mute

Doubt he'll play alongside Sakho unless we continue with a back 3 (which most people think is unlikely). I guess he could play as full-back but not convinced he would get in ahead of the other 3 options for that position.

Mr Palace 05-09-2017 09:16 PM

It's crazy to criticise him - he's a young talent and hopefully will be a real asset for us. He will need time to adapt.

However, what is undoubtedly true is that the £8m and wages would have been much better spent on a striker or keeper.

AJ 05-09-2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 13827433)
It's crazy to criticise him - he's a young talent and hopefully will be a real asset for us. He will need time to adapt.

However, what is undoubtedly true is that the £8m and wages would have been much better spent on a striker or keeper.

Probably get a lge1 striker for 8m these days!

orp pisshead1 05-09-2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13827343)
Quite keen to see what Jairo can do in midfield at some point as DM. Paired off alongside Cabaye or Luka he would bring balance but apparently makes a good creative pass from there.

Put him next to Luka on Sunday and move Cabaye further forward:p

DARZET EAGLE 05-09-2017 09:46 PM

Rediculous to be critical after just one game. Patience is a virtue, he will prove the doubters wrong.

cooperman 05-09-2017 09:59 PM

Classic example of a young player with no experience of the intensity of the premier league being thrown into the deep end against a highly effective, physical and organised opposition with very little cover provided by PVA in front - straight away you could see the confidence drain away as Huddersfield played a high press and Hennessey offered passes that put him into pressure situations - I'm not saying, he's perfect, I'm not saying he should be first choice - I'm not even saying he will definitely make the transition from Dutch football to probably the most competitive league in the world but writing him off after a game is ludicrous....

Mr Palace 05-09-2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ (Post 13827439)
Probably get a lge1 striker for 8m these days!

That was close to the Niasse fee though and he would have been much better for the squad in terms of overall balance.

Part of the problem is FDB wasted a loan on TFM. Good player though the latter looks, we should have used that premier league loan spot for a forward.

gman28 05-09-2017 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 13827317)
Is he 3 million better than Mutch?

Can't even believe you said that after one game. Fool!

Martin H 05-09-2017 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 13827526)
That was close to the Niasse fee though and he would have been much better for the squad in terms of overall balance.

Part of the problem is FDB wasted a loan on TFM. Good player though the latter looks, we should have used that premier league loan spot for a forward.

Not sure I agree with this. Timbo looks like an outstanding player as does Loftus Cheek. I am not sure who we would have loaned and how likely a Premier quality goal scorer would be made available. We couldn't take Abrahams and Reuben and TBH I suspect Reuben is the better player. Not sure who else was available. We should have bought a striker or loaned from abroad. The fault isn't FDB's.

I do think everything now is being placed on FDB's shoulders now which is very convenient for the rest but is surely taking things too far. The only reason we don't have a striker is because they targeted a striker that they couldn't get over the line.

Ooh Betty 06-09-2017 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13827553)
The only reason we don't have a striker is because they targeted a striker that they couldn't get over the line.

We only targetted one striker?

I would suggest another reason ' Complete bloody incompetence'

Mr Palace 06-09-2017 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13827553)
Not sure I agree with this. Timbo looks like an outstanding player as does Loftus Cheek. I am not sure who we would have loaned and how likely a Premier quality goal scorer would be made available. We couldn't take Abrahams and Reuben and TBH I suspect Reuben is the better player. Not sure who else was available. We should have bought a striker or loaned from abroad. The fault isn't FDB's.

I do think everything now is being placed on FDB's shoulders now which is very convenient for the rest but is surely taking things too far. The only reason we don't have a striker is because they targeted a striker that they couldn't get over the line.

Strong rumours that the club were annoyed that FDB insisted on TMF as a loan, which restricted our options in getting a striker on loan. This is nothing against TMF who looks a real prospect.

We have massively screwed up in not signing a striker - it's a joke. We have known for months that Remy would go back to Chelsea, that we were going to release Campbell and that Wickham would miss the first few months of the season. That we left our pursuit of a striker until the last minute - as evidenced by the deals we were trying to get done for the Turkish striker and then when that fell through Niasse - reflects very badly on the club, not necessarily FDB. No other PL club has one striker. It's madness.

The thing I can't wrap my head around is that we only made four signings and three were defenders. You really couldn't make it up. The squad is badly imbalanced. But that's not all FDB's fault.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.