CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Hector 06-09-2017 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 13827433)
It's crazy to criticise him - he's a young talent and hopefully will be a real asset for us. He will need time to adapt.

However, what is undoubtedly true is that the 8m and wages would have been much better spent on a striker or keeper.

In 6 months Reidewald will be a decent player right now he looked lightweight and too small for a centre back. How he gets on with a new manager will decide whether he has a future at Palace. But agree 8m would have been better spent in other areas.

glaziers fan 06-09-2017 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13827343)
Quite keen to see what Jairo can do in midfield at some point as DM. Paired off alongside Cabaye or Luka he would bring balance but apparently makes a good creative pass from there.

Absolutely. Would love to see him playing left side of the 3 in midfield. Hoping with Sakho signed that we will get to see this. He's 6ft, can tackle and pass. Hoping he takes Puncheon's place. :angel:

elgin eagle 06-09-2017 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperman (Post 13827518)
Classic example of a young player with no experience of the intensity of the premier league being thrown into the deep end against a highly effective, physical and organised opposition with very little cover provided by PVA in front - straight away you could see the confidence drain away as Huddersfield played a high press and Hennessey offered passes that put him into pressure situations - I'm not saying, he's perfect, I'm not saying he should be first choice - I'm not even saying he will definitely make the transition from Dutch football to probably the most competitive league in the world but writing him off after a game is ludicrous....

Sensible post. He played fine in the pre season matches. Huddersfield were tactically spot on in their approach to that match, probably because they have a manager.

Mr Palace 06-09-2017 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hector (Post 13827747)
In 6 months Reidewald will be a decent player right now he looked lightweight and too small for a centre back. How he gets on with a new manager will decide whether he has a future at Palace. But agree 8m would have been better spent in other areas.

That's my view - he will be a good player I'm sure, but the squad needed strengthening more elsewhere and that money could have been better deployed. Nothing against Riedewald though.

bodger 06-09-2017 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 13827526)
That was close to the Niasse fee though and he would have been much better for the squad in terms of overall balance.

Part of the problem is FDB wasted a loan on TFM. Good player though the latter looks, we should have used that premier league loan spot for a forward.

But who is out there that we could have loaned. We needed a quick r/b-c/b FM is not a waste Kelly is not good enough. Niasse was a last gasp punt if we were that keen on him it would have been sorted. Shane Long would be my target in the next window. At least the door is open for Ladapo or another youth player i would like to see a few in the Huddersfield game.

Mr Palace 06-09-2017 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodger (Post 13827881)
But who is out there that we could have loaned. We needed a quick r/b-c/b FM is not a waste Kelly is not good enough. Niasse was a last gasp punt if we were that keen on him it would have been sorted. Shane Long would be my target in the next window. At least the door is open for Ladapo or another youth player i would like to see a few in the Huddersfield game.

We had the whole summer and the back end of last year to scout this position. Are you honestly saying that our scouting network could not have identified a shortlist of strikers that were realistic? We could have signed Niasse weeks ago if we wanted to. To be left with one striker is a failure by the club.

red&blue_moomin 08-09-2017 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 13827796)
That's my view - he will be a good player I'm sure, but the squad needed strengthening more elsewhere and that money could have been better deployed. Nothing against Riedewald though.

Ward, Kelly and Damo are all not good enough. 21 months of hopeless defending under three different managers should show that. As squad players sure but not first choice players they should be second or third choices now.

GorBlimey 08-09-2017 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 13827952)
We had the whole summer and the back end of last year to scout this position. Are you honestly saying that our scouting network could not have identified a shortlist of strikers that were realistic? We could have signed Niasse weeks ago if we wanted to. To be left with one striker is a failure by the club.

Niasse would have been another Fraizer Campbell and you and people like you would have been calling him shit and the club shit for signing him.

Now you have to be content with calling the club shit because we didn't sign him.

We're not going to be turned over in the transfer market and thank god for that.

Zulu84 08-09-2017 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 13830131)
Niasse would have been another Fraizer Campbell and you and people like you would have been calling him shit and the club shit for signing him.

Now you have to be content with calling the club shit because we didn't sign him.

We're not going to be turned over in the transfer market and thank god for that.

8 million for him was hardly being turned over. We set ourselves up (yet again) for failure by releasing Campbell without a clear plan to replace him. And you can't really blame people for being upset about it, we have struggled for 4 years now to have an adequate striker lineup, lessons aren't being learned which is pretty frustrating.

GorBlimey 08-09-2017 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulu84 (Post 13830133)
8 million for him was hardly being turned over. We set ourselves up (yet again) for failure by releasing Campbell without a clear plan to replace him. And you can't really blame people for being upset about it, we have struggled for 4 years now to have an adequate striker lineup, lessons aren't being learned which is pretty frustrating.

I'm glad you've got a spare 8million down the back of the sofa. It wasn't so much the transfer fee that it didn't happen anyway but his agent trying to screw us for a large "commission".

I'm glad we told them all to f*ck off and that we'll soldier on without him and his greedy prick of an agent.

Bones14 08-09-2017 06:34 AM

How's young JR going??

PS: **** off with all the other crap. There's plenty of threads to promote your feelings about everything else. This is JR's thread. If u have nothing to add about him then go forth and multiply.

Please.

Happy Arthur 08-09-2017 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 13830124)
Ward, Kelly and Damo are all not good enough. 21 months of hopeless defending under three different managers should show that. As squad players sure but not first choice players they should be second or third choices now.

Eh. Ward aside they are???

What's the issue?

Mr Palace 08-09-2017 07:03 AM

Quote:

You talk a lot of nonsense. We have NO second striker - how is that a positive thing? Niasse wouldn't have set the world alight but he did well at Hull and would have been a useful option. Regardless of him we should have signed a striker - it should be so f**king obvious, even to someone like you.

Mr Palace 08-09-2017 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 13830124)

They are fine as back ups - apart from Damo these days. The squad is very imbalanced. We didn't need to sign so many defenders over a keeper and striker.

DARZET EAGLE 08-09-2017 09:33 AM

Quote:

:p

Nigelbrag 08-09-2017 09:50 AM

As far as making judgement on Riedewald is concerned it is unfair and impossible at this time, also the question has be will we see the best of him should FdB leave.
At this moment it is right that he is not being picked whether fit or not as the boy is being exposed in this current lineup, personally i feel at this moment he has Not shown the quality i was expecting. But also i can't make up my mind as to what his most effective position could be, as defensively he looks suspect and is no speedster, so could it be as a Sweeper in front of a Back Three if we persist with that may be more in keeping with his style.
However in fairness to him he has barely played, what is it 3 games in total? so how can anybody really make judgement.
The same applies to Frank de Boer.

BillyTKid 08-09-2017 10:00 AM

I bet he looks a much better player once the beast soldier is playing alongside him.

Zulu84 08-09-2017 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 13830141)
I'm glad you've got a spare 8million down the back of the sofa. It wasn't so much the transfer fee that it didn't happen anyway but his agent trying to screw us for a large "commission".

I'm glad we told them all to f*ck off and that we'll soldier on without him and his greedy prick of an agent.

Mate when the club waits for the last 12 hours to try to finally bring in a striker they are asking to get taken for a ride and don't kid yourself, we waited until then because we were trying to get a cut price deal and it blew up in our faces. So yea woo-hoo to us, we really showed the agents who's boss by completely screwing ourselves.

WorthingEagle 08-09-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulu84 (Post 13830458)
Mate when the club waits for the last 12 hours to try to finally bring in a striker they are asking to get taken for a ride and don't kid yourself, we waited until then because we were trying to get a cut price deal and it blew up in our faces. So yea woo-hoo to us, we really showed the agents who's boss by completely screwing ourselves.

Yep, waiting until the last minute works if you're fairly well-stocked and just looking to pick up a nice-to-have. Everyone knew exactly how desperate we were and jacked up the prices accordingly.

glaziers fan 08-09-2017 10:59 AM

Back to JR, I like him. It's just he's not a centre back - he's a centre mid. (And unless he fills out and improves in the air he will never be a Premier League centre back.) Would I play him instead of Puncheon? Well, he's better in the air, better in the tackle and better passer. So, yes, definitely.