CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

dilem 01-01-2018 05:42 PM

Yeah hope we give him more chances, classy player.

doogleboy 01-01-2018 09:41 PM

Very pleased with his performance yesterday.

liberal clubber 01-01-2018 10:01 PM

Part of a defense that kept out man city
But letís not go overboard at this stage

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 01-01-2018 10:07 PM

Punch's injury may mean he features a lot more in the second half of the season.

CharlieCPFC 01-01-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 14025317)
Punch's injury may mean he features a lot more in the second half of the season.

Never mind Punch's injury I think his performance alone will really push his chances of breaking into this team.

Green Bin 01-01-2018 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 14024170)
Iím not sure that was all down to JR, but De Bruyne was constantly in acres of space, particularly in the first half. Overall I thought JR had an energetic and committed game. Certainly now seen as a good option in midfield.

But mainly in front of our players, not getting through on goal...mind you surprised how shite De Bruyne's free kicks were yesterday

theCoach 01-01-2018 11:42 PM

May be used as emergency centre back. Certainly want to see him around the matchday squad more.
If we ever get to the point of being safe would like to see him sitting alongside Luka and with cheek in the hole behind tekkers......but not until then.

SussexRed&Blue 01-01-2018 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theCoach (Post 14025487)
May be used as emergency centre back. Certainly want to see him around the matchday squad more.
If we ever get to the point of being safe would like to see him sitting alongside Luka and with cheek in the hole behind tekkers......but not until then.

Certainly not a centre back but with any more injuries we may be forced into it.

Jairo not good at heading the ball. His strengths lie in his accuracy in passing the ball and his speed of thought. Looks like a great central midfielder young with a lot of potential.

The Vicar 02-01-2018 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue (Post 14025500)
Certainly not a centre back but with any more injuries we may be forced into it.

Jairo not good at heading the ball. His strengths lie in his accuracy in passing the ball and his speed of thought. Looks like a great central midfielder young with a lot of potential.

Correct, and does not have the physical abilities and strength for CB

danpalace07 02-01-2018 01:29 AM

Deserves time and patience while he develops as a holding mid. The technique is there.

carter 09-01-2018 12:24 AM

First half he was the only one trying to make something happen. Lost possession a few tones as you’d expect cos he hasn’t played but the more he plays the better he will get. No doubt he will be sold in the summer for whatever reason but I’d love for him and the club to make it work. As Dan says the technique is definitely there it’s just the physical side of the game that needs to come.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 09-01-2018 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carter (Post 14041988)
First half he was the only one trying to make something happen. Lost possession a few tones as youíd expect cos he hasnít played but the more he plays the better he will get. No doubt he will be sold in the summer for whatever reason but Iíd love for him and the club to make it work. As Dan says the technique is definitely there itís just the physical side of the game that needs to come.

Thought he was poor today. Not alone in that of course but it was disappointing after the improvement against City. I just continue to have some doubts about him.

Zohar's Penalty 09-01-2018 12:35 AM

Technically promising, but physically weak

HRS 09-01-2018 12:36 AM

I thought he played well to be honest. Yes a few mistakes he’s played very little for us so far and I really feel there’s a player there.

aj4england 09-01-2018 12:41 AM

Very disappointed in him tonight , shadow boxing , passing poor and fairly slow / low energy when compared with brightons b players. I had hopes for him but tonight adds another question mark

red&blue_moomin 09-01-2018 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty (Post 14041997)
Technically promising, but physically weak

He's 21. Two or three seasons in the UK and he'll be alright. You can bulk a player up and make them stronger especially one that's young but ability on the ball and being a decent passer of it that you can't train into them only refine.

Martin H 09-01-2018 12:45 AM

I thought he had a mixed game today with the first half being better than the second. He has quality but playing where he does he needs players to pick out with his passes. Today he had very few players around him on the same wavelength and very little to aim at. To his left and behind he had a set of players who seemed to have completely lost their first touch and passing ability. PVA ran around but so many of passes were poor, short or behind the player instead of inviting the player on. Macca and Cabaye were at half speed, conserving batteries and Sako was isolated. He has weaknesses and things to learn but already he looks good enough to survive if given some time and experience. He does need to toughen up a little and occasionally jump, but that applies to others in the squad.

I think we should keep him and develop him as future competition or partner for Luka

Die hard Hoj 09-01-2018 01:36 AM

I thought his contribution was terrible considering he doesn’t get many chances to impress, inept, uninspiring and lacking any conviction...........remember we played 8m for him!

palace_burger 09-01-2018 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Die hard Hoj (Post 14042030)
I thought his contribution was terrible considering he doesn’t get many chances to impress, inept, uninspiring and lacking any conviction...........remember we played 8m for him!

8m is naff all in today’s money

Look at Leicester trying to off load Kelechi Iheanacho...

They got their business done early(!?) in the summer by paying £25m and giving a 21 year old a 5 year deal on £115 per week and now want rid.

Just shows how hard and how crazy this market is.

Makes Beneteke look like a real bargain.

Hudds Eagle 09-01-2018 04:26 AM

I thought he was one of 4 players last night that came away with any credibility (the others being TFM, PvA and Sako) Some of his passing was outstanding (obviously some was not but it happens) and at least he worked hard. Obviously he's no centre-half but the movie into midfield will be the making of him and I hope he stays to fulfil that potential with us. For me he's the long term successor for Cabaye if he stays long enough. Classy player who's still very young and will only get better.