CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Latvian Eagle 10-05-2018 11:46 PM

He's just an average footballer brought in by a really shit manager. He's too short to play Centre Back. He doesn't have the pace or positional awareness to play Left Back effectively, and again his lack of height / physicality really limits him in a defensive midfield position. I think it's best to move him on if we get a decent price and stop wasting everybody's time personally. It's been very clear unless we are absolutely desperate that Roy won't use him even when holding a lead late in games.

carter 10-05-2018 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 14252392)
He's just an average footballer brought in by a really shit manager. He's too short to play Centre Back. He doesn't have the pace or positional awareness to play Left Back effectively, and again his lack of height / physicality really limits him in a defensive midfield position. I think it's best to move him on if we get a decent price and stop wasting everybody's time personally. It's been very clear unless we are absolutely desperate that Roy won't use him even when holding a lead late in games.

You make him out to be cotton wool. Lack of height to be a midfielder? He’s taller than Cabaye and McArthur. Physicality comes down to gym which is easy to correct. He has a good football brain which is eveident by the way he reads the game. He’s good at intercepting the ball more than he is tackling which shows he has it upstairs. Also good technically. He could become a decent midfielder. Just because a shit manager bought him it doesn’t make him average. Loftus-Cheek and Fosu-Mensah were decent signings by the same shit manager.

Didn’t do too badly against De Bruyne, Fernandinho and Silva at Selhurst :rolleyes: it’s the guys first season in this league with an awful start to his career at Palace with FdB getting sacked

Latvian Eagle 10-05-2018 11:57 PM

I agree with Kirby. I'd be surprised if he is still here come the close of the next transfer window. He had one good game when the whole team performed out of their skin against Man City. Doesn't suddenly make him a World beater.

I trust the fact Roy has seldom used him as more of an indicator of his ability / fit for the team over the fact you feel he's a little hard done by. ;)

Martin H 11-05-2018 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carter (Post 14252398)
You make him out to be cotton wool. Lack of height to be a midfielder? Heís taller than Cabaye and McArthur. Physicality comes down to gym which is easy to correct. He has a good football brain which is eveident by the way he reads the game. Heís good at intercepting the ball more than he is tackling which shows he has it upstairs. Also good technically. He could become a decent midfielder. Just because a shit manager bought him it doesnít make him average. Loftus-Cheek and Fosu-Mensah were decent signings by the same shit manager.

Didnít do too badly against De Bruyne, Fernandinho and Silva at Selhurst :rolleyes: itís the guys first season in this league with an awful start to his career at Palace with FdB getting sacked

This.

MFBias 11-05-2018 12:07 AM

He is young and is decent, with so many players leaving itís not the best idea to sell players on top when this will be the largest squad overhaul in years. Not everyone is great in their first season. Ive seen flashes to see the potential of what he can be. He just needs a run in the team.

Latvian Eagle 11-05-2018 12:19 AM

We'll see.

averity 11-05-2018 12:23 AM

Would rather have him on the bench, than Delaney, mutch, lee

Riley 11-05-2018 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 14252402)
He is young and is decent, with so many players leaving itís not the best idea to sell players on top when this will be the largest squad overhaul in years. Not everyone is great in their first season. Ive seen flashes to see the potential of what he can be. He just needs a run in the team.

This. Look at the situation he came into as well.

Roy has said he rates him - Iím looking forward to seeing him develop. Heís 21 FFS.

Neil 154 11-05-2018 06:15 AM

I predict he'll never make it in the first team. He's anonymous as a player and Hodgson clearly not interested. He's rated by some on here for one performance against Man City. I cant think of a single thing he's done to impress other than that. What position does he play? If he's a defensive midfielder, compare him to Luca and you should be worried he's our back-up.

JackTheBiscuit 11-05-2018 06:36 AM

He is 21, adapting to a (completely) different league and the manager who signed him was sacked before he even had the chance to settle. Hasn’t overly impressed but equally other than a calamitous first game he hasn’t let us down.
Certainly would like to see him in a second season with an organised pre-season

beelsylegend 11-05-2018 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 14252399)
I agree with Kirby. I'd be surprised if he is still here come the close of the next transfer window. He had one good game when the whole team performed out of their skin against Man City. Doesn't suddenly make him a World beater.

I trust the fact Roy has seldom used him as more of an indicator of his ability / fit for the team over the fact you feel he's a little hard done by. ;)

And by the same token the fact that he's barely had a run of games doesn't make him shit and mean that we should give up on him. I personally think he could make a good replacement for Cabaye if he goes and should be given the chance.

917L 11-05-2018 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beelsylegend (Post 14252478)
And by the same token the fact that he's barely had a run of games doesn't make him shit and mean that we should give up on him. I personally think he could make a good replacement for Cabaye if he goes and should be given the chance.

He isn't anywhere near Cabayes level. Nor does he look likely to be

If he were our choice to replace Johan (if he leaves), we wouldn't be heading in the right direction

Thefunkymonk 11-05-2018 06:55 AM

The bloke is 21 years old and some of you are writing him off.. fools.

He is a very good young player.. and will turn into an excellent one.

Thefunkymonk 11-05-2018 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 917L (Post 14252483)
He isn't anywhere near Cabayes level. Nor does he look likely to be

If he were our choice to replace Johan (if he leaves), we wouldn't be heading in the right direction

Heís 21.. where was cabaye at 21

TWELLSEagle 11-05-2018 06:56 AM

I think heís talented and it would be very short sighted to move him on now. Heís young too

Thefunkymonk 11-05-2018 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackTheBiscuit (Post 14252477)
He is 21, adapting to a (completely) different league and the manager who signed him was sacked before he even had the chance to settle. Hasnít overly impressed but equally other than a calamitous first game he hasnít let us down.
Certainly would like to see him in a second season with an organised pre-season

Overly impressed!? He was outstanding against the best team in the country. Seriously what is wrong with you lot

917L 11-05-2018 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk (Post 14252493)
Heís 21.. where was cabaye at 21

In what way is that relevant to the post you quoted?

TWELLSEagle 11-05-2018 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk (Post 14252491)

Yep. This

917L 11-05-2018 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk (Post 14252491)

Probably the same 'fools' predicting Glenn Murray would do well this season, and would outscore Benteke, I recall the scorn you poured on that suggestion

And you state that he will turn into an excellent player, like its some kind of given

He's had one good game for us, but like TFM (who similarly had that one good game) neither are actually that good

JackTheBiscuit 11-05-2018 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk (Post 14252496)
Overly impressed!? He was outstanding against the best team in the country. Seriously what is wrong with you lot

Read everything that I said. Overall he hasn't overly impressed - one awful game when the team were a shambles and one very good game when the whole team were amazing. The other fleeting glimpses were OK

As I said, I'd like to see him in a second season with a full, settled pre-season behind him

What's wrong with that?