CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

917L 17-07-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 14339055)
He's a footballer.
Often when players come from abroad, it takes a year to adjust to the league. And Roy definitely wants to give him a chance, so let's see what he can give us this season.

At present Roy has no choice but to give him a chance

glaziers fan 17-07-2018 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headliner (Post 14339048)
Agreed - I just concentrated on his performance against the opposition in front of him - taking this into account, I thought he was positionally excellent, and gave a very assured all round (no pun intended!) performance. He didn't need to sprint anywhere, he just cruised around the pitch, doing all the right things, linking well Jimmy Mac and the rest of the team, defensively and when attacking. I think we might have one hell of a player there, but time will tell. Just 21!!!!!

Still not sure about him, but I like that he's a left footed centre mid, he's a good size (!) and can definitely pass a football. Key for me going forward will be his mobility and reading of the game. Not bad for 21 though. In terms of protecting the back 4 I think he's a better partner for Luka than anyone we've currently got if there's pace around him to cover, and is sitting in allowing everyone else to bomb forward. It's a different ball game if we've got Ward at right back and we want to press higher up the pitch. In that case Jimmy Mac with his bigger engine and increased mobility would be preferable. Hope Jairo gets some game time this season, but also hope it's not too much game time. A bit early for him to be a starter. Needs another season under his belt.

glaziers fan 17-07-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 917L (Post 14339064)

No. Still behind Jimmy Mac imho. If we don't sign anyone else (even though we will) midfield will line up like this for Fulham:

Schlupp/CW-------Milivojevic------McArthur---------Townsend

eagle-leg 17-07-2018 10:15 AM

When i watched the stream the other day, I thought they'd given Danny the kit man a run out.

I like Jairo though and feels he needs to be given a chance this year.

AJ 17-07-2018 10:22 AM

Neil Ruddock was a big lad too and played pretty well for us....for a while :)

Martin H 17-07-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glaziers fan (Post 14339081)
No. Still behind Jimmy Mac imho. If we don't sign anyone else (even though we will) midfield will line up like this for Fulham:

Schlupp/CW-------Milivojevic------McArthur---------Townsend

I really like Macca but I really don't think his best position is as one of a pair of DMs or deep CMs. He is fine on either side in a 3 but not in the middle for me. His tackling and the number of fouls he gives away just doesn't work there and TBH we lose his strength which is stepping forward to join the attack. So if the plan was to replace Cabaye with Macca I am going to be nervous. Jairo is better suited to that if Roy thinks he is ready. He should have enough time to decide because it doesn't look like we are buying anyone anytime soon.

glaziers fan 17-07-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 14339104)
I really like Macca but I really don't think his best position is as one of a pair of DMs or deep CMs. He is fine on either side in a 3 but not in the middle for me. His tackling and the number of fouls he gives away just doesn't work there and TBH we lose his strength which is stepping forward to join the attack. So if the plan was to replace Cabaye with Macca I am going to be nervous. Jairo is better suited to that if Roy thinks he is ready. He should have enough time to decide because it doesn't look like we are buying anyone anytime soon.

I agree with your assessment (see my post above the one you quoted). To play in a pair of holding mids alongside Luka I'd go for Jairo. But I don't think RH will see it that way, especially with Jimmy's experience.

wedgetail 17-07-2018 10:30 AM

that loose fit shirt doesn't look too loose fitting to me.

Martin H 17-07-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glaziers fan (Post 14339110)
I agree with your assessment (see my post above the one you quoted). To play in a pair of holding mids alongside Luka I'd go for Jairo. But I don't think RH will see it that way, especially with Jimmy's experience.

I think Jimmy Mac is still in the team somewhere but not if we are looking for him to play deep.

red&blue_moomin 17-07-2018 10:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wedgetail (Post 14339113)
that loose fit shirt doesn't look too loose fitting to me.

Since you've all turned into Donald Trump #fakenews

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2018/jul...ain-in-sweden/

Picture 26 taken from the training camp images in Sweden

It's clearly just a fans fit shirt that he's wearing during matches.

917L 17-07-2018 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ (Post 14339098)

No,

Ruddock was f*cking useless for us

Martin H 17-07-2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 14339140)
Since you've all turned into Donald Trump

Picture 26 from the training camp in Sweden

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/siteassets/im...1-33.jpg/Large

It's clearly just a fans fit shirt that he's wearing during matches.

Yeah, i wish I was that fat......... hmmmm - Don't think anyone will be convinced until he strips. That would be a different video For CG :D

MFBias 17-07-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 917L (Post 14339064)

He could have aslo decided we dont need to replace Cabaye. Who knows what Hodgson has decided...

MFBias 17-07-2018 11:41 AM

What is annoying, is that he will find out about this and will be an unnecessary distraction whilst he should be allowed to be focused on preseason training. I hope he continues to wear a baggy shirt and bosses the midfield.

It’s nice to have a football players that doesnt copy what every other football player does.

bigend1 17-07-2018 11:46 AM

I did say maybe the shirt and hair colour

But on the stream it made him look fat and bald. It looked like a 60 year old, 15 stone old dad blagged his way on to the pitch! :supergrin:

He lasted most (all?) of the game though. Decent passing, lost his man a few times and didnít have the pace to catch them once gone. Jury still out for me

MFBias 17-07-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigend1 (Post 14339215)
I did say maybe the shirt and hair colour

But on the stream it made him look fat and bald. It looked like a 60 year old, 15 stone old dad blagged his way on to the pitch! :supergrin:

He lasted most (all?) of the game though. Decent passing, lost his man a few times and didn’t have the pace to catch them once gone. Jury still out for me

He did look like Andy Gray playing in the Centenary match, I have to agree... but wonder if this new ‘crisis’ is going to get back to him.

Pub Idol 17-07-2018 12:01 PM

Mark Bright said he doesn't like the players fit shirt and prefers the looser fit style as more comfortable.

thereichstuff 17-07-2018 12:05 PM

Quote:

I must have missed that .

burgess hill 84 17-07-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Is that a joke ?

ebyeeckeagle 17-07-2018 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Idol (Post 14339233)
Mark Bright said he doesn't like the players fit shirt and prefers the looser fit style as more comfortable.

Probably for the best. Brighty has got a few extra pounds to carry TBF.