CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Glɑzier 01-08-2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthPalace23 (Post 14364003)
Think we should insist on a loan not a permanent deal.

Look at Chelsea. They still own Loftus-Cheek and his value has gone up. It puts them in a strong position. If Riedewald does well for Swansea we will want to keep him.

Also I worry our squad is a little old. Kouyate (who might sign for us) is nearly 29. We need young players like Riedewald. We don't want to end up like Stoke, WBA and Fulham a few years ago, who went down as established clubs with ageing squads.

Agreed, if Dave Hedgehog's reporter says he isn't that keen then loan him, potentially with an option to buy, and write off wages and fee against Ayew's fee, or just don't bother. As I keep banging on, he would be a "fringe" player like Riedewald anyway. JR younger and more potential.

red&blue_moomin 01-08-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herts_palace (Post 14364028)
Currently I would start Punch ahead of Jairo He has looked the best player on the pitch in the two games I've seen him for the 2nd 11. Jairo doesn't seem quite quick enough - mentally and physically - for a CM at the moment.

I wouldn't start Punch but he's the best of the rest at the moment.

? Riedewald has played as our DM for nearly every match in preseason he's done very well. Granted the oppo was all lower league but he's done well this preseason.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 01-08-2018 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 14364070)
? Riedewald has played as our DM for nearly every match in preseason he's done very well. Granted the oppo was all lower league but he's done well this preseason.

This is true but he only got so many minutes because Luka was late back and presuming Kouyate arrives he will drop further down the pecking order for that role.

Excowboy 01-08-2018 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog (Post 14364001)
One reporter saying that Jairo isn't keen.

Not surprised.

It'd be great for his development to play in the Championship. Trouble is he might not get back in the Premium again after. It's the main reason a loan seemed the more likely option - easier to sell it to Jairo.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 01-08-2018 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excowboy (Post 14364186)
It'd be great for his development to play in the Championship. Trouble is he might not get back in the Premium again after. It's the main reason a loan seemed the more likely option - easier to sell it to Jairo.

But we may not be able to afford/ get the players we want if it is only a loan. And presumably Swansea would raise the price for Ayew if we only loaned Jairo or may have no interest in a loan at all. The deal only works if they are happy with it too.

Whether Jairo agrees to it is of course another matter.

Stellavista 01-08-2018 09:20 PM

I'm not sure he should agree to this one. If he's got any sense, he'll say he wants to stay and fight for his place. He's young, paid well and on a longish contract. London to Swansea? F*ck that.

Braders 01-08-2018 09:24 PM

Not sure why people are bothered that he is leaving. Physically weak, average passing, not very quick... Is he particularly dynamic in any area?

Another poor player off the books is a good thing.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 01-08-2018 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braders (Post 14364252)
Not sure why people are bothered that he is leaving. Physically weak, average passing, not very quick... Is he particularly dynamic in any area?

I think his passing is decent enough but I agree that I have doubts about his physicality (including pace) and he doesn't win the ball very much either. Personally would be happy to replace him with Kouyate.

The Vicar 01-08-2018 09:40 PM

Great passing, vision and ability to keep possession. At this stage of his development, not the most physical, and pace is only OK. Would like to keep him around.

Fatboy 01-08-2018 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braders (Post 14364252)

You cannot keep buying your way out of trouble.

He is a good young player, on affordable wages, and is good to be available as a squad player . He could develop into a much better player with a full season under Roy.

RLC would not be the player he is now had he not 'gambled' on coming to us.

You need to give him time. 3 Caps for Holland, with experience of playing in Champions and Europa League. You cannot call him a poor player.

We just need to unlock his potential.

Fatboy 01-08-2018 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Vicar (Post 14364292)
Great passing, vision and ability to keep possession. At this stage of his development, not the most physical, and pace is only OK. Would like to keep him around.

Some forget he is only 21 and last year was his first season outside Holland.

Great Lombardi 01-08-2018 10:25 PM

The Sun says he has refused to join Swansea and the Ayew deal is dead.

wedgetail 01-08-2018 10:33 PM

Great

red&blue_moomin 01-08-2018 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Lombardi (Post 14364404)

Good, If we have to have another striker then I want us to concentrate on getting Antonio, Watkins or El Hadidi or any of the other promising 20 to 23 yr olds in La Liga and Serie A. If we are that short of cash we can't loan someone then we should be trying to flog one of Benteke, Wickham and Pape (though very harsh on Connor and Pape and Christian would be the obvious one that we could lose).

We are allowed several foreign loans why are we not attacking that instead of buying an average player from a relegated team.

CPFCalifornia 01-08-2018 10:43 PM

Good news. I think Jairo will be a really good player for us in a year or so.

ebyeeckeagle 01-08-2018 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatboy (Post 14364350)
Some forget he is only 21 and last year was his first season outside Holland.

Well, quite.

Langers 01-08-2018 10:54 PM

Offer them Jordan Mutch instead?

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 01-08-2018 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Lombardi (Post 14364404)

Not a total surprise. Wonder what we will do next if it is true. Up our bid for Ayew, increasing cash offer?

Try to loan Abraham instead of him?

Issue for Jairo is that Kouyate has now signed and it sounds like Mayer is done, so he is probably behind 4 other players for a central spot right now.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 01-08-2018 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFCalifornia (Post 14364459)
Good news. I think Jairo will be a really good player for us in a year or so.

I wonder if he would accept a loan deal to the right club? If the other central midfielders stay fit he will be behind Luka, Mayer, Kouyate and Jimmy now.

Stinger1 01-08-2018 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Langers (Post 14364486)
Offer them Jordan Mutch instead?

It's quite amazing, we finally get rid of all the deadwood and now we don't have any to sign someone from a Championship team.