CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

CP-RJW 12-12-2019 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 15013496)
Wan-Bissaka may have had Wilf in his pocket in training but he certainly didn't at Old Trafford.

Inferior coaching at the wankers.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 12-12-2019 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15013482)
Has Mitchell been impressing in training, pocketing Wilf like AWB was? If so, give him a chance. If not, I think it’s best to give it to the former Ajax and Dutch international player who’s played left back before.

Your point is correct in that I don't really know how he has been doing in training.

But the talk from Woosie was that he was ear marked to make cup appearances and make his first team debut this season prior to his injury. So I guess they must rate him and in pre - season he played there.

As ever the coaching team will be in a far better position to say than any of us but if he is genuinely considered a first team prospect for the position then we need to try him at some point. I trust Roy and the coaches to know if he is ready for that now or not.

I expect Jairo to play there just recognising there is another possibility. Well possibilities really, Tomkins to right back and Kelly to left also possible.

cockles 15-12-2019 01:40 PM

Great comments by RH. Need to big up a player in this situation who we now need to do well.

Quote:

“We haven’t been unimpressed by Jairo Riedewald these last two years, it’s just he’s been competing for a place in the centre of midfield, where we’ve been at our very strongest," said Hodgson.

“It’s not been easy for him to break in and wrest the shirt from the person who is doing well to keep it. Our results over the last couple of years, by our standards, have been pretty good.

“Now, if he plays left-back, he’ll have another opportunity in a totally different position to show what a good footballer he is.

“There’s no doubt that he has a lot of football skills and we’re hoping he brings those to bear. As a good footballer, we’re hoping he’ll be able to adapt to a different position."

MFBias 15-12-2019 07:41 PM

Wouldn’t it be great if he came in and threw his gauntlet down to challenge Van Aanholt for leftback. I’m dreaming but he does have a chance.

NorthCurveEagle 16-12-2019 01:52 PM

Okay, so I'm getting annoyed at how people are saying his name, as a Dutch speaker.

Yie-ro Ree-de-vault

The R's are throaty sounds. Like saying Loch or Dreich in Scots.

Martin H 16-12-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthCurveEagle (Post 15018341)
Okay, so I'm getting annoyed at how people are saying his name, as a Dutch speaker.

Yie-ro Ree-de-vault

Ahhh so you are saying it isn't Giro Readervalve then?

:) oops, fetching my coat.....

Timbo 16-12-2019 02:01 PM

I'll be sticking with Giro for now I think, I have a sore throat already

NorthCurveEagle 16-12-2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15018343)

:veryangry

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 16-12-2019 03:32 PM

G-row ride-a-bike

brooklynlou 16-12-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15018343)

I always thought is was more Gyro than Giro. Like the sandwich …

chateauferret 16-12-2019 05:03 PM

. duplicate FFS.

chateauferret 16-12-2019 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthCurveEagle (Post 15018341)

Yie-ro Ree-de-vault

Well I don't speak Dutch but the "ch" in loch and the "ch" in dreich are two different sounds. The first is the ach-Laut in German Bach, Loch; the second is the ich-Laut in ich[, München. I thought that Dutch had similar phonology and that that "r" is guttural and deep in the throat but not equivalent to either because it was trilled. But then the sound they make for the G in Gullitt's name is also down there: it's more like the gh in Middle English (it was written there like a greek 3 below the line). And don't the do something else similar when they see an H? I couldn't get through 's Gravenhage without getting tonsilitis.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 16-12-2019 05:38 PM

Anyway, presuming he does start tonight it will be interesting to see how he gets on. Sounds like Jeff will be out for a few months and PVA for a while too. So he may be asked do the role for a while.

norwoodeagle 16-12-2019 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 15018587)
Anyway, presuming he does start tonight it will be interesting to see how he gets on. Sounds like Jeff will be out for a few months and PVA for a while too. So he may be asked do the role for a while.

Let's let him know that with every tackle and clearance that we support him. He hasn't had much to smile about over the last couple of years.

Reps AJ 16-12-2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 15018587)

Here's hoping he does a good job!

Needs to get his career back on track either with us or somewhere else (as does Meyer) so this is his chance for game time. Can he take advantage?

xmasape 16-12-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 15018568)
Well I don't speak Dutch but the "ch" in loch and the "ch" in dreich are two different sounds. The first is the ach-Laut in German Bach, Loch; the second is the ich-Laut in ich[, München. I thought that Dutch had similar phonology and that that "r" is guttural and deep in the throat but not equivalent to either because it was trilled. But then the sound they make for the G in Gullitt's name is also down there: it's more like the gh in Middle English (it was written there like a greek 3 below the line). And don't the do something else similar when they see an H? I couldn't get through 's Gravenhage without getting tonsilitis.

I just call him Jerry Reed. Much easier.

bubbs11 16-12-2019 06:33 PM

The one thing Jairo would bring is more creativity when going forward. He’s got good technical ability as you’d expect from someone schooled by Ajax. Not sure yet whether he can play that left back role but if he can look a half competent defender then happy days.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 16-12-2019 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 15018651)
The one thing Jairo would bring is more creativity when going forward. He’s got good technical ability as you’d expect from someone schooled by Ajax. Not sure yet whether he can play that left back role but if he can look a half competent defender then happy days.

PVA brings more creativity than I would expect Jairo to.

Schlupp scored a pretty good goal from that position recently too.

Tim 16-12-2019 08:39 PM

You can tell he hasn’t played regular football for a while. Looks well off the pace!

thomasbroad 16-12-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 15019134)
You can tell he hasn’t played regular football for a while. Looks well off the pace!

I'd be surprised if he lasted the 90.