CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gary Lineker Just Now On MoTD (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248686)

Nth Kent Eagle 22-06-2020 01:52 PM

The BBC football panel pundit roster could definitely do with a refresh.

CPFC_R_GREAT 22-06-2020 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 15269294)
They cut off Luka mid-interview to go to The Freak's pisspoor podcast. They wouldn't have done that to [insert Liverpool/Moan U/Citeh/Chelsea/Tottenham player of your choice].

What further proof is needed? They hate us.... :sob:

I can't tell if you're being serious or not...
But, again, what do you expect? They will run a trail for the podcast at a certain point during the show, usually towards the end. Guess what, we happen to be near the end more often than not because we're not very exciting to watch. And the top 6 will tend to be near the top of the show and less likely to be interrupted by a trail. Not hard is it?

davech 22-06-2020 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC_R_GREAT (Post 15270169)
But, again, what do you expect? They will run a trail for the podcast at a certain point during the show, usually towards the end. Guess what, we happen to be near the end more often than not because we're not very exciting to watch. And the top 6 will tend to be near the top of the show and less likely to be interrupted by a trail. Not hard is it?

As I said a bit later, not entirely. But there is always an element of truth lurking in the background. And I cannot disagree with what you are saying. The timing schedule on the programme was always going to be tight. If I was going to cut someone short, it would be knobhead Shearer :D

cappuccinoeagle 22-06-2020 09:34 PM

There is no anti Palace BBC bias but as said previously their insistence in using Shearer and Wright constantly is baffling. Jenas and Murphy are far better.

chateauferret 22-06-2020 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC_R_GREAT (Post 15270169)

Prioritising some content over other is one thing. Being downright rude and disrespectful is another.

DANGERMOUSE 23-06-2020 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joe Paxton (Post 15269340)
Why? It’s an entertainment. It’s sport. It’s ratings. It’s not a democracy. It’s not legal right that every fan should feel entitled to be pandered to. Of course they will know more about the established top four. Not saying they shouldn’t have a researcher on it, but the ‘we are all equal’ myth should have been bust years ago, we have been here long enough, a mid to lower Team in a crappy stadium with some exciting moments.

I think some need to take their specs off and be realistic.

I don't think of it as 'entertainment' (especially when it's Palace :D ). I think of it as journalism - sports journalism. It would be unacceptable if Laura Kuenssberg was blatantly uninterested, unprepared and ignorant of the facts at an opposition press conference because she'd rather be covering Number 10. Why should we accept it from the BBC's sports journalists?

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 23-06-2020 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE (Post 15270619)
It would be unacceptable if Laura Kuenssberg was blatantly uninterested, unprepared and ignorant of the facts at an opposition press conference because she'd rather be covering Number 10. Why should we accept it from the BBC's sports journalists?

Or if she was blatantly biased in favour of one team? Yet still she is there...

Maidstoned Eagle 23-06-2020 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 15269267)
Why? Money talks.

But it cant sing and dance and it cant walk.

Olympian2 23-06-2020 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15270642)

You must spread....

Spindle 23-06-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PauLo (Post 15269660)
Not surprised that you’d use things people care about to attack them with with, though.

Such a sad, lonely little man.

One man's massive thing to care about is another man's inconsequential pointless moan. You just think you are broad minded, news just in, you aren't.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 23-06-2020 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15270642)

Had to google it :)

Grimbo69 24-06-2020 01:15 PM

I agree, think they are the two best.

Slimbloke'H' 06-07-2020 03:39 PM

I'm surprised this thread didn't implode last Thursday when only seven of the eight games played during the week were covered...

https://i.ibb.co/6P7QZPn/No-Palace.jpg

RobertCPFC 06-07-2020 03:44 PM

Sadly I think we were all grateful not to watch it again.

hihi 09-07-2020 06:49 PM

No mention by the panel on Zaha's goal!

liberal clubber 10-07-2020 05:14 PM

just as well- how would they describe it- hopeful percentage blast at the keeper. ?

I just dont recall Zaha even trying this type of shot, let alone scoring- very happy

eagle69 10-07-2020 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle (Post 15269663)
The BBC football panel pundit roster could definitely do with a refresh.

Refresh = OverHaul

RisZero 26-07-2020 11:53 PM

Where the actual **** was Ayews Messi goal in that goal of the season

chateauferret 27-07-2020 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RisZero (Post 15323157)
Where the actual **** was Ayews Messi goal in that goal of the season

It wasn't the goal of the month that month, was it? Some wanker must've scored.

Golf Boy 27-07-2020 04:08 AM

It was a great goal, but tbf as he admitted at the time he’d lost control of the ball and it was just a reaction to trying to get it back initially. It looked Messi like though.