CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gary Lineker Just Now On MoTD (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248686)

917L 05-12-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle (Post 11439955)
The West Ham goal was an intriguing one. Certainly the tugging of shirts was started by Chamakh on the edge of the box and so they are right to feel aggrieved by the decision. On the other hand at the point that the header is being contested the West Ham player (can't remember who it was) had clearly pulled Chamakh's shirt enough to expose the white top on he had underneath. It is obvious why that looked more exaggerated than it was and I'm sure that is what the assistant ref saw and gave it accordingly.

If the whole incident is looked at start to finish you'd say that it was 6 of one, half a dozen of the other and therefore a valid goal. But at the moment that the assistant ref would have been focussing on the two tussling for the ball, it looked as though Chamakh was being impeded. Two wrongs not making a right and all that.

Agree about the white undershirt making it more obvious, also when the ball is swept in one of the wham players who challenges for the ball is offside I believe

pauldrulez 05-12-2013 09:34 AM

I think Tomkins was offside anyway... It looked as close as the Jedinak one.

And half of our players stopped before their offside goal. The flag had been up 2-3 seconds.

Danny boy 05-12-2013 09:37 AM

http://www.footballorgin.com/2013/12...-day-motd.html

If you can't be bothered to wait till it's on BBC Iplayer.....

Windsor_Eagle 05-12-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 11439958)

And half of our players stopped before their offside goal. The flag had been up 2-3 seconds.

Yeah - this too.

ExiledStirling 05-12-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle (Post 11439955)
The West Ham goal was an intriguing one. Certainly the tugging of shirts was started by Chamakh on the edge of the box and so they are right to feel aggrieved by the decision. On the other hand at the point that the header is being contested the West Ham player (can't remember who it was) had clearly pulled Chamakh's shirt enough to expose the white top on he had underneath. It is obvious why that looked more exaggerated than it was and I'm sure that is what the assistant ref saw and gave it accordingly.

If the whole incident is looked at start to finish you'd say that it was 6 of one, half a dozen of the other and therefore a valid goal. But at the moment that the assistant ref would have been focussing on the two tussling for the ball, it looked as though Chamakh was being impeded. Now, whether white tops under the shirt are work purposefully for that reason is for one to speculate.

Yes it was very much six of one half a dozen of the other situation until Chamakh went to head the ball out. The West ham player had his arm on Chamakh's shoulder as he went up to head it out, therefore affecting his ability to head it out as far as he would have intended. So though their was good reason to give a foul either way upto the point that Chamakh puts his head on the ball, I think the ref and assistant got it just about right.

Windsor_Eagle 05-12-2013 09:44 AM

Incidentally I thought the ref had a good game today.

We are quick to slate them when they do poorly (I know I do), but fair play this week - he got the decisions right on the whole IMO.

I don't think he saw the Ravel *****ace one himself so was going on the word of the assistant - but otherwise all correct decisions that I can recall.

spunky 05-12-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle (Post 11439970)
Incidentally I thought the ref had a good game today.

We are quick to slate them when they do poorly (I know I do), but fair play this week - he got the decisions right on the whole IMO.

I don't think he saw the Ravel *****ace one himself so was going on the word of the assistant - but otherwise all correct decisions that I can recall.

To be fair, there was nothing wrong with the goal they scored, as good as the decision was for us, had it been us that was disallowed a perfectly good goal you would be slating the same ref for the same performance

dowieslovechild 05-12-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carter (Post 11439729)
Rushed through our highlights tho yet had more to show on Stokes 0-0

The highlights which were showed made us look better.

Lords Eagle 05-12-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

My seats's in the Holmesdale and I heard the whistle a relatively long time before they 'scored'

Windsor_Eagle 05-12-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spunky (Post 11439979)
To be fair, there was nothing wrong with the goal they scored, as good as the decision was for us, had it been us that was disallowed a perfectly good goal you would be slating the same ref for the same performance

Not sure that I would tbh. At the time I thought Jedi wasn't offside for our disallowed goal but didn't gripe at all because the flag and whistle had gone up early enough. As it did for the Hamsters.

Andrews69 05-12-2013 10:55 AM

Could easily have been a block on Downing's shot for the goal. The players stopped, but plenty were close enough to get in the way of it.

StudentEagle 05-12-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

This.

The linesmanís flag went up as soon as the ball was played in. The whistle blew not long after, and well before the shot.

The decision itself may have been questionable, but would the ball have ended up in the net if the decision hadnít already been made? How many players had already stopped playing?

garronrav 05-12-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 11439969)
I think the ref and assistant got it just about right.

No they didn't :D

ExiledStirling 05-12-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garronrav (Post 11440075)
No they didn't :D

:p :D

andy burton 05-12-2013 11:43 AM

Poor coverage I thought - didn't show either of West Ham's free kicks or our disallowed goal. No team info at the start - just generally an abridged edit.

As for the disallowed goal - regardless of whether it was 6 of one, half dozen of the other - who gained an advantage from fouling?

AJ 05-12-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Chamachks shirt was almost around his head, which IIRC is an offense. I heard the whistle on the radio way before the ball went in the net and the commentators mentioned the flag was us also before the cheer for the ball going in.

Skintagain 05-12-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Not so sure myself. I'm at he Homesdale so can't be be sure what happened but what I can say is that play stopped and then the ball got kicked in the net.

Would it have gone in if play hadn't stopped. I doubt it.

Gark Moldberg 05-12-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy burton (Post 11440128)
Poor coverage I thought - didn't show either of West Ham's free kicks or our disallowed goal. No team info at the start - just generally an abridged edit.

As for the disallowed goal - regardless of whether it was 6 of one, half dozen of the other - who gained an advantage from fouling?

I can accept that. It had been live on TV the day before and the goal was all over the news networks as well as the internet. They covered the talking points and probably only showed their disallowed goal because fat Sam whined about it. They didn't show ours because it wasn't mentioned in the post match interviews.

That being said. I did find it odd that they only showed the post match Morrison incident after discussing the match itself with the pundits rather than adding it on to the coverage of the game. It did play it down somewhat.

Jordan555x 05-12-2013 02:23 PM

I noticed the flag went up 3 seconds before the ball went into the back of the net and so did most Crystal Palace players which is why they all stopped playing.

Sceagle 05-12-2013 04:24 PM

Chamakh was having his shirt lifted off his body before he even started pulling Tomkins shirt so it was a foul to us for me. Lino gave a free kick before Chamakh even started giving it back. The players all stopped before Downing shot so it's hard to say whether it would have been blocked or not. Besides, we have needed some luck and anything to piss off BFS is good enough for me.