CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gary Lineker Just Now On MoTD (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248686)

Dobbo 27-07-2020 06:24 AM

It featured as one of The Sunday Times three best of the season, so blatant anti-bias not to even get a mention.

dogstar721 27-07-2020 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 15265296)
He does say in the article that those assist stats don't tell the whole story of what Wilf gives to the team. But even so, you would expect a top player to have a few more assists than he has this season.

Also, to get assists, you have to score goals from them. He's scored four goals, out of a total of 31, which isn't actually all that bad. He could only count for assists on a maximum of 27 goals. So a total of 3 assists with 4 goals isn't actually terrible, given the total average goals is 1.4

He's actually still tied as top assist (with McArthur), had more shots than any other player and also second in goals scored for the season behind Ayew.

Interesting, Benteke won more headers than any other player, and scored twice. Which only puts him one behind Luka, Schlupp and PVA (tied third place on three).

Which kind of suggests to me, that the problem isn't necessarily Benteke not scoring goals, but we're creating very few 'possible chances', and tending to rely more on 'individual' goals. 19 shots on target, with two goals, an assist and 3 big misses isn't actually that bad (considering we only scored 31 goals). He's created more big chances than he's missed as well.

The fact we can't seem to score from center forward positions whether he's playing or not, suggests to me that Benteke might actually not be the problem, but just a part of it. Ayew wasn't exactly proflific in that position either - and watching us from the re-start has shown just how poor we are when it comes to putting balls into the box and creating chances in the box, that aren't reliant on some fancy footwork or a bit of luck.

RobertCPFC 27-07-2020 11:39 AM

The funniest thing about goal of the season was they had the shortlist after the three relegation games and last of the goals was De Bruyne's yesterday and that game hadn't yet been shown.

davech 27-07-2020 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 15323160)
It wasn't the goal of the month that month, was it? Some wanker must've scored.

9 "goal of the month" winners
+2 July goals
+1 goal no-one had even seen

Still, the same old shit cabal had the final say again.... Although tbf they did get it right this time I reckon.

BinfieldEagle 28-07-2020 05:30 PM

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...-of-the-season

JA & WZ get included in this selection......

Latvian 28-07-2020 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BinfieldEagle (Post 15325219)
https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...-of-the-season

JA & WZ get included in this selection......

None AGAINST us in that selection, difficult to score worldies vs. Guaita rather than Hennessey.

First time I have seen the Wellbeck bicycle kick, that is the winner for me. Brilliant that they omitted the Iranian Pogba's shinfluke overhead too :D

Purepalace 10-09-2020 03:24 PM

They hate us I tell ya!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54087151

joe walker 10-09-2020 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purepalace (Post 15393979)

Same predicted position for us in The Guardian previews too (theirs done on an average from their writers)

Funny because I actually feel quite optimistic, despite that horrible run.

Purepalace 10-09-2020 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe walker (Post 15393991)
Same predicted position for us in The Guardian previews too (theirs done on an average from their writers)

Funny because I actually feel quite optimistic, despite that horrible run.

Yeah so do I.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 10-09-2020 04:17 PM

Quote:

TBF, they've defined the crossroads that we are still at; keep Zaha and get him playing his best and Bats / Eze coming in should push us for Top Ten. Lose Zaha? Especially in some last-minute comedy, that doesn't see him replaced properly? We could still struggle to stay up. Fact is, missing out on Fraser and diverting from Gallagher means we haven't added enough creativity to make us bulletproof, if Zaha goes under the wrong circumstances. We also won't retain the ball any better than last season, given we've done zilch to improve the CM / DM roles. That's something few of us seem to care about but we should.

Benrahma comes in and we keep and motivate Zaha? We should do more than fine. But it still comes down to being in a position to survive without Zaha and the fact that we didn't begin to prepare for that last summer, when we knew we were on borrowed time, meant that this window was likely going to define perhaps an era in our history.

Anyway, don't think the prediction is malicious. Hopefully will be proven resoundingly wrong though. I suspect we'll have a good idea in a month.

Nth Kent Eagle 10-09-2020 04:26 PM

Quote:

They are going on form and the injury hit start. We could surprise on the upside I think.

orp pisshead1 10-09-2020 05:07 PM

Never be optimistic ffs

west country boy 12-09-2020 09:31 PM

An absolute pretensious wankstain of an introduction followed by smug c~ntery from Lineker. Welcome to the new season.

west country boy 12-09-2020 09:34 PM

Leeds have some spectacularly bad haircuts.

TWELLSEagle 12-09-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15399010)
An absolute pretensious wankstain of an introduction followed by smug c~ntery from Lineker. Welcome to the new season.

That good?

Aki Aki Aki 12-09-2020 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle (Post 15399016)
That good?

Enough to be paid £2M of hard earned tax payers money.

eagle69 12-09-2020 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15399010)

Oh good , showing us some respect this season then , NOT THIS SEASON

We are Palace , we are meant to stay in our lane , we donít do that , so thatís what they donít like about us , we are an unknown regards performance & effort , they donít like us because we can turn it on against the so called power houses of football , F**K EM

C O Y P

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 12-09-2020 09:49 PM

Hard to be sure from one match of highlights but Leeds already look like a team safe from relegation. They seem to have too much quality and a system they understand.

We better be on our mettle this season.

ForestGateEagle 12-09-2020 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 15399037)
Hard to be sure from one match of highlights but Leeds already look like a team safe from relegation. They seem to have too much quality and a system they understand.

And, of course, they have the mighty Patrick Bamford to drive them on.

Psych 12-09-2020 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 15399037)

I agree, they looked very assured.

Fulham on the other hand...looks like one relegation place may already be taken