CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Nostrils 24-10-2017 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodger (Post 13910480)
No way should we give him a new contract unless he takes a massive pay cut and we are in the championship.

Surely all of the players have a relegation pay cut clause (I know this can't be the official terminology). He's one I'd actually want in the Championship tbh.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 24-10-2017 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodger (Post 13910480)
No way should we give him a new contract unless he takes a massive pay cut and we are in the championship.

I doubt we will as he is on fairly high wages, will be 30 and is often injured. BUt who knows what is ahead.

Mr Palace 24-10-2017 09:46 PM

He's technically very good but the club need to work him hard in training to improve him physically. He's way too weak to play in defence or midfield at the moment and that's obviously a major problem. But I wouldn't write him off - he's clearly got talent but is not good enough just yet.

It really was a luxury signing though that we didn't need when you look at the glaring gaps in the squad. That £10m could have funded a decent striker or keeper.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 24-10-2017 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 13910569)
He's technically very good but the club need to work him hard in training to improve him physically. He's way too weak to play in defence or midfield at the moment and that's obviously a major problem. But I wouldn't write him off - he's clearly got talent but is not good enough just yet.

It really was a luxury signing though that we didn't need when you look at the glaring gaps in the squad. That £10m could have funded a decent striker or keeper.

That's the real issue. If we had the funds to sign a squad player/ one for the future then fine. But to make this signing while we leave the squad with such glaring gaps in goal and up front is just ridiculous.

Mr Palace 24-10-2017 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 13910583)
That's the real issue. If we had the funds to sign a squad player/ one for the future then fine. But to make this signing while we leave the squad with such glaring gaps in goal and up front is just ridiculous.

Yep, unfortunately so.

CPFC85 24-10-2017 09:52 PM

Time for him to be relieved of his duties and go collect his giro.

elgin eagle 24-10-2017 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 13910435)
He's talking about Sako, and I can't see anyway we will sell Sako in January, mainly as he is out of contract in the summer anyway.

Yeah you are right reading it back. Sako did play well and looks to have been on the slim fast or something. Worry about RLC's stamina but those two deserve to play on Saturday. Riedewald is still very young but I don't think he is as bad as some are making out. Far worse than him patently stealing a wage at the club at present.

Edit: you were wrong. He was talking about Jairo.

Yoda 24-10-2017 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13910265)
I thought he had an excellent first half TBH and was really enjoying the way he played. The mistake for the goal was a dumb one for sure but you seem again to be writing him off again. For me, at least he knows how to play football and there is hope for him. Some of the others look done.

In a way, knowing he is technically able makes his lacklustre performance all the more annoying.

I noticed he was sauntering about in the first half, second half he tried even less.

Played like he considers playing for the B team to be beneath him or is sulking that FdB has gone. Either that, or he simply doesn’t think/move quickly enough for English footie.

If he doesn’t show more passion by Xmas, transfer out if possible.

Martin H 24-10-2017 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 13910435)
He's talking about Sako, and I can't see anyway we will sell Sako in January, mainly as he is out of contract in the summer anyway.

I was talking about Jairo

Jim Cannons Moustache 24-10-2017 10:11 PM

He is ******* shit.
A complete waste of money and a clear a symbol of our pathetic summer transfer dealings as you could (not) wish to see

red&blue_moomin 24-10-2017 10:15 PM

He's very young and he's looked half decent at times in midfield. Let's not forget the shit he was playing with today. Luka, cabaye, sakho, will give him a lot of guidance. You can make him stronger and toughen him up. That ability with the ball you can't teach that.

As a match day bench player I think he's fine and he's young enough that he'll improve with the right coaching.

Jim Cannons Moustache 24-10-2017 10:16 PM

We spent 10m on him.
He looks to have no real strengths.
And looks like a softcock bottle job.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 24-10-2017 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13910624)
Yeah you are right reading it back. Sako did play well and looks to have been on the slim fast or something. Worry about RLC's stamina but those two deserve to play on Saturday. Riedewald is still very young but I don't think he is as bad as some are making out. Far worse than him patently stealing a wage at the club at present.

Edit: you were wrong. He was talking about Jairo.

Apologies. I was obviously muddling up two different posts/ thought you were replying to a different one than you were :D

Little Fozzie 24-10-2017 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannons Moustache (Post 13910709)
We spent 10m on him.
He looks to have no real strengths.
And looks like a softcock bottle job.

'No real strengths'. His passing and vision is excellent. And if you can't see that then you're just choosing what you see.

What's concerning is his not jumping for headers/general toughness. But that can come with age. People need to remember he's still very young. I don't see people saying the same about Kaikai

Jim Cannons Moustache 24-10-2017 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 13910721)
'No real strengths'. His passing and vision is excellent. And if you can't see that then you're just choosing what you see.

What's concerning is his not jumping for headers/general toughness. But that can come with age. People need to remember he's still very young. I don't see people saying the same about Kaikai

Passing and vision??
Jeez he's shown nothing of the sort.
Literally nothing . Name one pass of note ??
If that's what 10m buys you we really should give up.

SuttonExile 24-10-2017 10:24 PM

I hope we keep hold of him.

Little Fozzie 24-10-2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannons Moustache (Post 13910735)
Passing and vision??
Jeez he's shown nothing of the sort.
Literally nothing . Name one pass of note ??
If that's what 10m buys you we really should give up.

I bet you hated garvan as well...

Jim Cannons Moustache 24-10-2017 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 13910753)
I bet you hated garvan as well...

Not remotely
I don't hate riedewald either, but think he's plainly out of his depth and has a heart of a pea. Not his fault that we signed him when we shouldn't.

Eagle96 24-10-2017 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle96 (Post 13886702)
Or it depends on him to convince us if he has a future here. JAT

Erm.

PalaceSi 24-10-2017 11:06 PM

I'm afraid he was a ridiculous signing. Not strong or tall enough to play at the back, way down the pecking order of central midfielders or a 4th choice left back and cost 8M when we have no number 10 and only one number 9 and a desperate need for a quality keeper. It was a ludicrous waste of money when we so needed to strengthen in other areas, it really does defy belief.