CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Kai 09-01-2018 05:46 AM

Did okay in a sense but loses the ball too easily. He also needs to come forwards more

Stockport_Eagle 09-01-2018 06:11 AM

Reminds me of Leigertwood

MasterYoda 09-01-2018 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stockport_Eagle (Post 14042084)
Reminds me of Leigertwood

You know Id say hes almost the opposite.

One was a physical specimen but had very little football ability. The other is named Jairo

Happy Arthur 09-01-2018 07:28 AM

Played well against man city, played rubbish last night. Football is so confusing sometimes.

Zohar's Penalty 09-01-2018 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 14042003)
He's 21. Two or three seasons in the UK and he'll be alright. You can bulk a player up and make them stronger especially one that's young but ability on the ball and being a decent passer of it that you can't train into them only refine.

Agree 100% but we havent got the luxury of time, weve got 4 months to scrap our way out of shit.

Northern_palace 09-01-2018 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterYoda (Post 14042135)
You know Id say hes almost the opposite.

One was a physical specimen but had very little football ability. The other is named Jairo

Spot on about liegertwood, physically he was a colossus but his ball dostrubution was terrible. If hed been good on the ball he would have been an awesome player. I still dont think Ill ever quite get over the free kick at the valley he gave away.

Nostrils 09-01-2018 08:05 AM

When he's in midfield I think he has to play alongside a somebody like a Milivojevic or Jedinak type player. He may be defensive minded, but he seems more centre mid than defensive to me, he's not quite strong enough just yet and still learning the ropes in this league.

Braders 09-01-2018 08:19 AM

Doesn't seem to have any outstanding attributes and is definitely too small. Add to that a lack of pace and on first glance it appears a waste of money. Hopefully he comes good in time.

PauLo 09-01-2018 08:53 AM

Thought he did quite well. He's clearly still learning about the league and you only do that by playing. There's definitely a player there.

EmmerGreenEagle 09-01-2018 08:58 AM

Thought he did well. Good passing and we were playing a weakened team.

Billyd 09-01-2018 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Arthur (Post 14042139)
Played well against man city, played rubbish last night. Football is so confusing sometimes.

Man City are a technical side that pass the ball it suited him better.

Yesterday he needed to get stuck in and fight for every ball and 50/50 but wasn't up for it.

MonsterMunch 09-01-2018 09:48 AM

He is a good, technical player. Get the feeling he could be a Campana for us though.

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o 09-01-2018 10:38 AM

He tired badly in last 10-15 mins..until then He'd done well I thought. Two mistakes in that period proved costly.
He has hardly played and a lot was expected of him.
So give the lad a break. We're gonna need him and he will need our support.

Martin H 09-01-2018 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonsterMunch (Post 14042348)
He is a good, technical player. Get the feeling he could be a Campana for us though.

Already way better than Campana was for us.

aj4england 09-01-2018 12:47 PM

Lacks a yard of pace and is poor in the air. Passing can be good but also seemed rushed. Sounds just like the kind of midfielders we buy.

Lombardo's hair 09-01-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty (Post 14042144)
Agree 100% but we havent got the luxury of time, weve got 4 months to scrap our way out of shit.

You have encapsulated the problem with English football. We do not cultivate young talent....and yes I know he is Dutch....clubs look for "finished article" . Rashford would most likely still be in u23s or out on loan had united not had a striker crisis and he hasn't scored a few goals early on. He isn't so prolific now though. We dismiss youth too soon. They should only be judged on a run of games not one here one there. KaiKai has been criticised for lazt night for not getting in not the box on a couple of occasions Actually the person to criticise is Sako and I think PVA. The former having scored rampages down left KaiKai is clearly and unmarked in the middle of penalty area dropping off cbs but sako decided to fire in a shot from tight angle. The same thing happened a few minutes later. A simple pull back to KaiKai in space. Had his team mates been more aware we could have been hailing him as a legend. Had KaiKai been playing for united he'd probably had a brace of goals to his name

Stavros 69 09-01-2018 01:38 PM

He’s barely played in months then we throw him in against city and then an awful team at Brighton, what are people expecting. He’ll come good.

mcmean 09-01-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braders (Post 14042202)
Doesn't seem to have any outstanding attributes and is definitely too small. Add to that a lack of pace and on first glance it appears a waste of money. Hopefully he comes good in time.

I take it you've only even seen him on TV and not at live game - he ain't small!

He's a least 6ft and is very broad

El Aguila 09-01-2018 02:00 PM

We should play him more often than we do, good footballer.

CP-RJW 13-01-2018 09:47 PM

I’ve got high hopes for Jairo. Not an outstanding performance today like against City, but a very comfortable one, and some nice passing which is something our team often lacks. Anyway, to look this comfortable in the premier league at 21 years old means he’s got a bright future ahead of him if managed well, and could become a top top player. Thanks FDB :hi: