CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

CP-RJW 13-01-2018 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 14042177)
When he's in midfield I think he has to play alongside a somebody like a Milivojevic or Jedinak type player. He may be defensive minded, but he seems more centre mid than defensive to me, he's not quite strong enough just yet and still learning the ropes in this league.

This for me, having Luka alongside Jairo clearly compliments him well. Feel he struggled against Brighton due to the lack of steel alongside him in midfield.

Mr Palace 13-01-2018 10:15 PM

Thought he was ok today. Tidy player.

Sydenham Eagle 13-01-2018 10:22 PM

Let’s be honest, anyone in our midfield looks a better player when Luka is alongside them. Great signing who looked the part from the moment he pulled on a Palace shirt. Would be great to find another couple of players of his quality. At £13m in today’s market he’s an absolute bargain.

red&blue_moomin 13-01-2018 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydenham Eagle (Post 14052543)
Let’s be honest, anyone in our midfield looks a better player when Luka is alongside them. Great signing who looked the part from the moment he pulled on a Palace shirt. Would be great to find another couple of players of his quality. At £13m in today’s market he’s an absolute bargain.

He's a damn sight more useful than Mutch or Lee or even Joniesta and he's 21 and has played hardly any games for us.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 13-01-2018 10:49 PM

He was diligent and disciplined today. Certainly does look better in a midfield role.

CharlieCPFC 13-01-2018 10:55 PM

He reads the game very well, he'll develop significantly as he gets more familiar with the pace of the premier league and improves physically too.

Has massive potential.

Joe.L 13-01-2018 11:22 PM

Agreed. Apart from the Huddersfield game he has shown glimpses of potential and it's great he is now getting a chance to show off his talent properly. Maybe not yet ready for a regular starting place but definitely a vital member of the 25 man squad.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 13-01-2018 11:30 PM

Does Reidewald look like he's bulked up to anyone else?

Jim Cannon 13-01-2018 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 14052680)

Looked like it today to be fair

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 13-01-2018 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 14052689)
Looked like it today to be fair

If he can build some muscle he could be a genuine asset as a DM as well. Starting to look like FDB has at least some legacy to his 77 days.

Hedgehog 13-01-2018 11:54 PM

Quote:

I think he wears really baggy shirts. Not sure where he would get them, but he never looks so "big" in the training gear.

glenn.f 14-01-2018 12:05 AM

He does fill gaps pretty well but lacks a little bit of steel and physical strength but the tools are definitely there to perform regularly for us. It is a shame that he probably won't get a couple of years alongside Cabaye to learn his craft a bit more because when you watch Yohan on the ball, making space for himself to receive the ball, getting stuck in or being creative, i get the impression that Jairo could go on and produce similar performances for us in the long term.
It's good for the lad that Roy is also beginning to trust him a bit more now as well, so perhaps it's time for the doubters to follow suit after this game and more so the Man City game.

Dedders 14-01-2018 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenn.f (Post 14052744)
He does fill gaps pretty well but lacks a little bit of steel and physical strength but the tools are definitely there to perform regularly for us. It is a shame that he probably won't get a couple of years alongside Cabaye to learn his craft a bit more because when you watch Yohan on the ball, making space for himself to receive the ball, getting stuck in or being creative, i get the impression that Jairo could go on and produce similar performances for us in the long term.
It's good for the lad that Roy is also beginning to trust him a bit more now as well, so perhaps it's time for the doubters to follow suit after this game and more so the Man City game.

I haven’t seen much evidence that Jairo has got Cabaye’s passing ability
Happy to be proved wrong though

glenn.f 14-01-2018 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dedders (Post 14052776)

Possibly the ten year odd difference between them but there are definite signs in his one touch short passing. There's only been the odd longer pass in his few games but with a run of appearances and gaining more confidence will probably see more evidence of that you would hope.

red&blue_moomin 14-01-2018 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dedders (Post 14052776)

Hes dropped a few perfectly weighted pinpoint diagonals and balls deep

NickinOx 14-01-2018 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 14052854)
Hes dropped a few perfectly weighted pinpoint diagonals and balls deep

Spot on. One to Zaha in the first half was sublime.

Palacebear 14-01-2018 07:03 AM

Quote:

It did look like it & if that is the case, it should certainly help him in games against the likes of wba, stoke, Bournemouth etc.

After the poor start to his palace career, it is great to see him back in the 1st team squad and playing well.

Mr Palace 14-01-2018 07:06 AM

He's a good option in midfield - played well. Good to see him played in his best position rather than at CB.

Reg_Maudling 14-01-2018 11:40 PM

Roys' quotes about Riedewald on FYP are spot on:

https://www.fypfanzine.uk/news/6891-...crystal-palace

Martin H 15-01-2018 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling (Post 14054994)
Roys' quotes about Riedewald on FYP are spot on:

https://www.fypfanzine.uk/news/6891-...crystal-palace

Yep and good to see he passed the test against Burnley and that Roy rates him. For his age, arriving in a new country and being thrown into the Premier League is a tough ask but he really does look good already. He is very composed and mature and picks his passes intelligently. When everyone gets on the same wavelength I think we will see even more from him.

I think perhaps because they have come into the club rather than through the youth system how impressive RLC, JR and TFM have been bearing in mind none of them are old enough to be named in the 25. I know 2 of them are likely to go back to their clubs but we really should enjoy and celebrate them a bit more I reckon. Besides, if we make a fuss of them, maybe they might stay :)

It does also point out the gap between these players and our own youth of recent years. The 3 are ready to compete in the Premier League but we haven't had any through our own system since Wilf and Clyne. There is a better tranche coming through now and hopefully some of these will make it.but for now let's enjoy these youngsters.