CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Flat Noodle 15-01-2018 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydenham Eagle (Post 14052543)
Letís be honest, anyone in our midfield looks a better player when Luka is alongside them. Great signing who looked the part from the moment he pulled on a Palace shirt. Would be great to find another couple of players of his quality. At £13m in todayís market heís an absolute bargain.

£7m according to the article above.

Lombardo's hair 15-01-2018 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dedders (Post 14052776)
I havenít seen much evidence that Jairo has got Cabayeís passing ability
Happy to be proved wrong though

Sorry to disagree. He has a eye for a pass. He has made some white sublime ones. He's a tidy played.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 15-01-2018 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flat Noodle (Post 14055014)
£7m according to the article above.

Luka? I think he is talking about Luka

Hector 15-01-2018 10:18 AM

Jairo looks to be improving with every game, he is still some way from being a regular starter when all are fit. He can see a pass when given time but the trick is to do it under pressure like Cabaye. Things looking brighter and next season he could be a good player.

glaziers fan 15-01-2018 10:36 AM

Nice squad player. £7m is peanuts these days.

Timbo 15-01-2018 10:56 AM

I haven't noticed much quality yet but haven't really checked him and glad to hear some positive reviews

MonsterMunch 15-01-2018 11:13 AM

Agree, very comfortable on the ball and very aware of the spaces around him. Don't think he has shown quite the physical side Roy has mentioned but never the less a very good player as you would expect coming from Ajax set up.

Little Fozzie 15-01-2018 12:23 PM

Guessing the divs who wrote him off after a few games have gone quiet. Won't stop them doing it again with the next new signing.

I think people still forget he is only 20 and still learning and developing. If one of our academy guys came through playing like him we'd be going mental.

He's only going to get better. If Cabaye is offski at the end of the season then I'd rather we keep Jairo in the middle for the majority of games left this season.

Pub Idol 15-01-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 14055703)
Guessing the divs who wrote him off after a few games have gone quiet. Won't stop them doing it again with the next new signing.

I think people still forget he is only 20 and still learning and developing. If one of our academy guys came through playing like him we'd be going mental.

He's only going to get better. If Cabaye is offski at the end of the season then I'd rather we keep Jairo in the middle for the majority of games left this season.

Not me. I said at the time that he was midfield player and that a new manager probably Roy Hodgson would bring him back for the Man City game and he would have a stormer. Glad I was right back in August on that!

UncleAlbert 16-01-2018 10:56 AM

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.cro...-8-1063972.amp

Hodgson full of praise.

SussexRed&Blue 16-01-2018 11:23 AM

Makes you wonder whether Jairo has been on the weights looks quite stocky. Maybe needed that extra strength and physicality in the midfield.

Quality footballer looks the part and very calm under pressure good football brain and picks his passes well with accuracy.

Chief Brody 16-01-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 14055485)
I haven't noticed much quality yet but haven't really checked him....

Great insight and logic.

jaspercpfc 16-01-2018 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 14055703)

he must be mentally tougher than some give him credit for. The fallout from De Boer's departure must have been massive for the lad. He kept his head down, seems popular with many of the players and waited for another opportunity. It's clear he's bulked up in the few months he was absent. Too many were writing him off without having actively seen him play more than 90 mins. He's given us another outlet, and good luck to him.

CP-RJW 06-04-2018 10:51 AM

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 10-05-2018 10:56 PM

Very noticeable by his absence recently. Anyone know if he is injured? Or is he just completely out of favour?

Do we think he has a future at the club?

CP-RJW 10-05-2018 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 14252358)
Very noticeable by his absence recently. Anyone know if he is injured? Or is he just completely out of favour?

Do we think he has a future at the club?

Who knows if Hodgson fancies him? I rate Jairo though.

Kirby 10-05-2018 11:04 PM

He'll be playing abroad by August IMO.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 10-05-2018 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirby (Post 14252369)
He'll be playing abroad by August IMO.

Wouldn't surprise me at all but do we know if he is fit or just dropped from the team and bench?

Gollum 10-05-2018 11:15 PM

He's fit. Just lost his place on the bench so Roy could accommodate the returning Schlupp.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 10-05-2018 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollum (Post 14252377)
He's fit. Just lost his place on the bench so Roy could accommodate the returning Schlupp.

Suspected that might be the case, the fact Lee (surely about to be let go) is on the bench ahead of him doesn't suggest Roy has Jairo in his plans then.