CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

MFBias 19-07-2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant (Post 14341803)
If we're skint we need to sell Schlupp and Riedewald providing we can recoup all our cash (probably). They cost too much for players not automatic in the 1st XI . As soon as you are carrying guys you are trying to fit in somewhere you are beginning to lose sight of priorities.

I think you will see this year that Rieldewald and Schlupp will be important players. They are also both versatile, something you need in a squad. Hodgson likes both of them, so you will be seeing them.

Schlupp has been unlucky with injuries, but did you not see him at the end of last season, he was on fire, it was just hard to get into the team as everyone was!

MFBias 19-07-2018 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant (Post 14341839)
We are at the level where support players should cost less if we are indeed skint. Funds need to be used where we can hurt people most as a priority, there is no point spending on sort of quite good fillers. If nobody wants them ofcourse we're stuffed but this an area we should be trading in rather than considering moving the likes of Andros on for example.

Sell two decent players and buy two less quality players because they are cheaper? Is that what you are saying?

glaziers fan 19-07-2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 14341850)
Sell two decent players and buy two less quality players because they are cheaper? Is that what you are saying?

Quite the opposite. He wants us to sell the squad players and sign another first XI player. And I understand the reasoning. Apparently in the papers they were saying we are looking to offload Riedewald. Assume it is so we can buy someone superior and hope it is RLC.

MFBias 19-07-2018 01:34 PM

We need some squad depth, I wouldnt trade Schlupp and Rieldwwald for Loftus-Cheek, who is injury prone. His back has to be managed apparently.

red&blue_moomin 19-07-2018 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glaziers fan (Post 14341878)
Quite the opposite. He wants us to sell the squad players and sign another first XI player. And I understand the reasoning. Apparently in the papers they were saying we are looking to offload Riedewald. Assume it is so we can buy someone superior and hope it is RLC.

You do realise that will be agent bollocks, or another club testing the water to get a bite and see if we're interested in selling.

Right now our squad has two spaces we have 23 over 21 players. Funnily enough the exact two midfielders we are missing. How does selling another two midfielders fix that? Moronic so we'd have to buy four midfielders instead of two ******* brilliant. Talk about the brains trust FFS.

The only players worth anything more than what we paid for them are Andros, Luka, PVA, Tonka, Vicente and Wilf that's how you raise money for more players and at the same time replace the 1st teamer that you've sold. But doing that apart from selling Wilf for 80M would be suicide.

CaptainCharisma 19-07-2018 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glaziers fan (Post 14341878)

Offload him? If our two friendlies in Scandanavia are anything to by, I think we are looking to play him in Cabaye's spot.

GreatGonzo 19-07-2018 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainCharisma (Post 14342229)
Offload him? If our two friendlies in Scandanavia are anything to by, I think we are looking to play him in Cabaye's spot.

If last year Asian friendlies were anything to go by last year Luka was a CB and Lokilo starting on the wing.

Pistol Knight 19-07-2018 05:36 PM

Quote:

In Denmark he sure looked like Cabaye, after 95mins at that was at the start of the game, reminded me of KG!

bodger 19-07-2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ (Post 14341384)
I would never knock Luka, but if you watched Serbia in the WC, Luka was a different player to the one who plays at Palace. It may have had something to do with the other midfielders around him.

Yes Lukas talent was wasted he is a far better player then allowed to show.

GreatGonzo 19-07-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pistol Knight (Post 14342239)
In Denmark he sure looked like Cabaye, after 95mins at that was at the start of the game, reminded me of KG!

Assume the KG comment is about his size although that has been done over and over on here. He prefers the fan style shirt over the players fit and it has the effect of making him look bigger.

However he has come from a much slower paced game in Holland and even when he played last season he showed he was not quite up at the pace of the PL, especially in terms of the athleticism.

At Ajax he would play 60-70 passes a game. yes they would have more possession but there didn't need to be as much movement. Cabaye's skill was partially in how much he moved to always be available for a pass and to always be able to get on the ball. Jario's average passes were down in the 30s (based on 90 minutes played) but he doesn't move as well to be able to get on the ball. His successful passes dropped from Ajax too as space is more compacted and players are better at stopping you keeping the ball.

Like all young players, especially those coming from abroad, the step up to PL football week in week out is a huge one. He will take time to develop, if indeed he does, just like Sorloth. Interesting that Kirby said the first friendly was a big step up in the pace of the game compared to what he is used to.

CaptainCharisma 19-07-2018 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 14342232)
If last year Asian friendlies were anything to go by last year Luka was a CB and Lokilo starting on the wing.

We had an idiot in charge back then! I may well be wrong, but Jairo got more game time than most I believe, and I just wonder if roy is trying to get him ready as much as possible, so that if we don't sign a Cabs replacement, then he will be set to go. That is just the impression I am getting.

As for the comment someone else said about Luka not looking as good for Serbia, I honestly believe Cabs was a big part of that. In a Palace shirt, Luka was often a much better player when he had Cabs in the middle with him. Both were excellent on the ball and determined to break up play. Quality often enhances quality and I think they made each other better players because they worked as a pair. Cabs will be a bigger loss then many give him credit for.

Jim Cannon 19-07-2018 07:05 PM

Quote:

Wouldn't take any notice of team selections just yet, nor care about results of friendlies, they mean nothing

PALACEWU 19-07-2018 07:14 PM

Who calls him cabs?

bourne man 19-07-2018 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PALACEWU (Post 14342336)
Who calls him cabs?

:supergrin:

Stan the man 19-07-2018 07:59 PM

Replacing Cabaye with Reidelwald is absurd. He may come good in time, but you cant compare them in terms of nouse, skill, experience, even playing style. Cabaye needs a like for like replacement and JR should be brought in as a squad player and as cover. Anything else is asking for trouble...

Stan the man 19-07-2018 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PALACEWU (Post 14342336)
Who calls him cabs?

If you ask nicely most pubs will do that for you.

Kai 19-07-2018 08:16 PM

Was it only me who thought he looked overweight in the recent friendly at Halmstad?

Jim Cannon 19-07-2018 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai (Post 14342393)
Was it only me who thought he looked overweight in the recent friendly at Halmstad?

No one has suggested it at all

thereichstuff 19-07-2018 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 14342232)

Fdb.

16eagles 19-07-2018 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stan the man (Post 14342376)
Replacing Cabaye with Reidelwald is absurd. He may come good in time, but you cant compare them in terms of nouse, skill, experience, even playing style. Cabaye needs a like for like replacement and JR should be brought in as a squad player and as cover. Anything else is asking for trouble...

Although I agree, he is still the closest centre mid ball playing midfielder to Yohan. Off the ball vision and awareness is all outstanding for someone his age. I think he will come good this year but has to play with Milivojevic in middle