CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Chillo 10-12-2019 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 15011096)
Thereís a player in there...but he needs to understand what RH wants from a player

I kinda thought he might have worked that out for himself/been shown what he needed to do over the past 18 months, or is that asking too much?

palace_burger 11-12-2019 05:15 AM

With Mitchell injured who would play left back if JR were to get injured

thomasbroad 11-12-2019 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palace_burger (Post 15011633)

Kelly LB.
Tomkins RB
Kouyate CB

Would be my guess!

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 11-12-2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15010814)
Letís face it, heís a CB.
If he was mobile enough heíd be a good holding MF but he hasnít kicked on enough to play there in this league.

He was so bad when he played centre back for us though. If he is a centre back he has no chance of making it in the Premier League.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 11-12-2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ (Post 15010917)
That may be true but nearly all his balls passed forward went to a Palace player. If that is his norm, then I feel the club should be finding a way to play him. PvA's distribution of the ball is appalling and time after time he loses possession by passing to the opposition.

PVA is a far better full back than Jairo. Not even close.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 11-12-2019 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 15011096)
I donít think itís that simple. I think JR has a good eye for a pass... but I think at Left Back he would get exposed over a season. For me... he is rightly 3rd choice (behind PVA/Jeff). He needs to improve athletically, we arenít a possession based team, so he needs to be better suited to when we donít have the ball. Thereís a player in there...but he needs to understand what RH wants from a player

Suspect Mitchell might be ahead of him in the pecking order if/ when he is up to full fitness.

If Kelly wasn't playing right back he would probably play there ahead of Jairo too.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 11-12-2019 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palace_burger (Post 15011633)

I thought he was fit again now. Albeit only a few minutes, I thought he made a return to action a week or so back?

AJ 11-12-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 15011870)
PVA is a far better full back than Jairo. Not even close.

Worst passer in the team though and constantly losses his man. PvA is not really a full back imo, more of a wing back.

cockles 11-12-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 15009677)
Paderborn, ....
Yet Palace, conscious of Riedewaldís potential, were reluctant to sanction a permanent switch and, as their own efforts to add full-back recruits floundered, duly pulled the plug.

I hope this is true actually. I'm fair sure I read an interview with the Paderborn director suggesting the player had backed out. That would look really bad on the player, so I prefer this version of events to be true.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 11-12-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ (Post 15011880)
Worst passer in the team though and constantly losses his man. PvA is not really a full back imo, more of a wing back.

Disagree about him being the worst passer. He tries to break the lines far more often than most of our players and takes risks with the ball.

He is definitely a full back and has played almost all his football as a full back. Far more effective coming from that deep position.

mushroom 11-12-2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 15011873)
Suspect Mitchell might be ahead of him in the pecking order if/ when he is up to full fitness.

If Kelly wasn't playing right back he would probably play there ahead of Jairo too.

Mitchell looked a prospect, I think Ward will play left back before Kelly. Iíd love Mitchell get a run out v Derby.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 11-12-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 15012091)
Mitchell looked a prospect, I think Ward will play left back before Kelly. Iíd love Mitchell get a run out v Derby.

You might be right re. Ward playing there before Kelly.

gilesy14 12-12-2019 01:44 PM

Got a chant we should maybe try on Monday?

Jairo,
Ohhhhhhhh,
Jairo,
Ohhhhhhhh,
He came from Ajax,
To stop Dunk’s sex attacks.

& repeat for 90 mins?

aj4england 12-12-2019 03:15 PM

Pass the Jairo to the left hand side?

Hedgehog 12-12-2019 04:02 PM

Interesting that in the Brandon Pierrick interview on Palace TV, he list Jairo as one of the first teamers who has helped him while training with the first team.

TennesseeKing 12-12-2019 04:10 PM

Big opportunity for him with Schlupp out, will he take it?

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 12-12-2019 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennesseeKing (Post 15013335)
Big opportunity for him with Schlupp out, will he take it?

Would much rather Mitchell is given the chance if he is fit enough.

Hedgehog 12-12-2019 05:52 PM

I'm not sure it's a given he will start at left back Monday. I have a feeling that last Saturday there was little time to digest the problem at half time and was the quick fix.

The management team might have a different approached with the time to think of a plan B.

I hope I'm wrong, as I would like to see what Jairo can do there providing he doesn't screw up too bad!

CP-RJW 12-12-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 15013470)
Would much rather Mitchell is given the chance if he is fit enough.

Has Mitchell been impressing in training, pocketing Wilf like AWB was? If so, give him a chance. If not, I think it’s best to give it to the former Ajax and Dutch international player who’s played left back before.

chateauferret 12-12-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15013482)
Has Mitchell been impressing in training, pocketing Wilf like AWB was? If so, give him a chance. If not, I think itís best to give it to the former Ajax and Dutch international player whoís played left back before.

Wan-Bissaka may have had Wilf in his pocket in training but he certainly didn't at Old Trafford.