CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

jobiinthelastmi 16-12-2019 10:01 PM

Experiment over

Throw a kid in, two of the worst left back performances since Borrowdale or Jeff Hughes tonight.

Golf Boy 16-12-2019 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15019745)
I thought the combination of us trying to press high with Benteke failing to block the CBs and DM in that press meant they consistently broke out leaving our mid 3 too high to cover the FBs. Once we stopped the high press we coped better but by then he had taken Jairo off. So Macca had cover from first McCarthy and then Meyer.

I think first half we were trying to do the right thing to exploit their weaknesses against the press but the front 3 can't do it. Suspect if Andros, Wilf and Jordan were up front we would have fared better. Tbf to CB he woke up in the last 20 and did well.

If you are going to press them Benteke is not your man. You need a Hardy type player.

Jon_C-Pal 16-12-2019 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobiinthelastmi (Post 15019770)
Experiment over

Throw a kid in, two of the worst left back performances since Borrowdale or Jeff Hughes tonight.

This. No way could Mitchell possibly put in a worse performance than JR or JM at left back and, who knows, we might even actually be able to use our Leftback to attack, like has been so successful for us this year.

Mr Palace 16-12-2019 10:07 PM

Why didn’t he play Mitchell?!

Riedewald is so clearly not a left back and to play McArthur there was bizarre.

Martin H 16-12-2019 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 15019781)
If you are going to press them Benteke is not your man. You need a Hardy type player.

I don't think Wilf is great at it either and for it to work you need more than 1 up there that that is effective. The problem is if you go for it and don't do it effectively your FBs are in big trouble. TBH Kelly was given the runaround as well as Jairo in the first half. Roy sorted that out at HT but took a while for us to get on top and that happened really when Ayew was pushed further inside. McCarthy made a real impact covering a lot of ground, winning it and pushing us forward. Meyer was tidy and added to that although was bounced off in the challenge a few times (not a problem today but... has to set this) but did well.

WashDCEagle 16-12-2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maestro (Post 15019753)
not really his fault but was pretty shit

I think we can end this thread right there. I have no hard feelings against Jairo. Believe he did his best, but this has to end. Don't believe he's actually a Premier League footballer and that's ok - few are.

palacelad197o 16-12-2019 10:10 PM

Don't think we will see him again in a palace shirt

xian1 16-12-2019 10:13 PM

He was try to stretch out his thigh towards end of 1st half so magbe injury

Tim 16-12-2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palacelad197o (Post 15019821)
Don't think we will see him again in a palace shirt

Not a first team one anyway.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 16-12-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 15019765)
Never ever a full back in this division. Letís not kid ourselves any more.

Yep. I was surprised some did think he could play there in anything bar a real emergency. I gave him credit for handling it well at Watford but had a feeling tonight would be bad if he started there.

Unless we decide Mitchell is the answer while we wait for PVA, Schlupp and/ or Ward to return, then we should start trying to sign a left back, even if just on loan, right now. As close to January 1st as possible. Moxey and Parr looked better than what we saw tonight.

Excowboy 16-12-2019 10:19 PM

Roy saying he picked up an injury in training which was the reason he was taken off at HT

Quote:

Injured, he was injured, touch and go before the game. Yesteday’s training, he some how got a slight knock on his hip which until the warm up looked like it was going to keep him out entirely. He said he was able to play but he was only able to last until half time.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 16-12-2019 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excowboy (Post 15019862)
Roy saying he picked up an injury in training which was the reason he was taken off at HT

So does that mean we might persist with him at the weekend?

I hope not personally.

Hedgehog 16-12-2019 10:31 PM

I thought he was doing OK further up the field but horribly exposed when doing left back duties.

MFBias 16-12-2019 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excowboy (Post 15019862)

Quote:
Injured, he was injured, touch and go before the game. Yesteday’s training, he some how got a slight knock on his hip which until the warm up looked like it was going to keep him out entirely. He said he was able to play but he was only able to last until half time.

So you are telling me:

Hodgson played a player who has a knock, a player who hasn’t played for two year, playing him out of position, against our biggest rivals.... would you?

He clearly is protected him, and fair play for that.

Mr Palace 16-12-2019 10:35 PM

Iím slightly relieved to hear he was injured as he was awful. So slow.

art malice 16-12-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 15019903)
Quote:
Injured, he was injured, touch and go before the game. Yestedayís training, he some how got a slight knock on his hip which until the warm up looked like it was going to keep him out entirely. He said he was able to play but he was only able to last until half time.

So you are telling me:

Hodgson played a player who has a knock, a player who hasnít played for two year, playing him out of position, against our biggest rivals.... would you?

He clearly is protected him, and fair play for that.

Indeed.

Jman 16-12-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 15019903)
Quote:
Injured, he was injured, touch and go before the game. Yestedayís training, he some how got a slight knock on his hip which until the warm up looked like it was going to keep him out entirely. He said he was able to play but he was only able to last until half time.

So you are telling me:

Hodgson played a player who has a knock, a player who hasnít played for two year, playing him out of position, against our biggest rivals.... would you?

Well that or playing a starting center mid there and rearranging the midfield just before kick off or throwing in a kid for his debut whos fitness has to be questionable after a long lay off.

Tough choices for old Roy.

Palace43 16-12-2019 10:39 PM

He Was absolutely dreadful. 25000 people in the crowd and I’d have taken a good bet that there was a handful of spectators who could’ve done a better job in that 45 minutes.

I’m probably being harsh, if I was being fair he made a couple of decent passes. Aside from that, he got ruined.

MFBias 16-12-2019 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jman (Post 15019917)
Well that or playing a starting center mid there and rearranging the midfield just before kick off or throwing in a kid for his debut whos fitness has to be questionable after a long lay off.

Tough choices for old Roy.

He did start a centre mid there...

Jman 16-12-2019 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 15019924)
He did start a centre mid there...

Yes but not a "starting" centre mid as in one who had been training all week to play there. Organisation is no.1 for Roy and he wouldnt want to rewrite the playbook 10 mins before kick off.