CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Football (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Cahill - The one that got away (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=101942)

Young Trolley 26-02-2005 08:58 PM

If Jordan had paid that 150k

Where would we be now? Heard an Everton fan on a phone in on the way home tonight talking about their game today with Villa. Reckons Cahill had been their player of the year so far. Makes you wonder, as everything else was agreed if only Jodan had coughed up that 150k for the agent what a difference he would have made to our midfield? Who knows what signing him could have led to in terms of other signings? Also as another sfx player we would not have fallen out with Stretford, would the situation with Wayne therefore have been different? Can't help wonder...

EagleSE24 26-02-2005 09:00 PM

Would love to have Cahill but I'm still inclined to believe we were just used to help raise interest in him and drive up his asking price.

maestro 26-02-2005 09:08 PM

Its impossible to say how many points but i do think we would have scored 5 or so goals by now, he was just perfect to play in the 451 system and arrive in the box late

Johnson 26-02-2005 09:12 PM

He was never going to join us.

Marshy 26-02-2005 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by EagleSE24
Would love to have Cahill but I'm still inclined to believe we were just used to help raise interest in him and drive up his asking price.
I am a firm believer of this as well - honestly dont believe he would have signed for us - but he would have been a cracking acquisition to the squad.

RickyB 26-02-2005 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by EagleSE24
ditto

Shipp Ahoy! 26-02-2005 11:26 PM

Cahill - The one that got away

Well more that we let him get away.

Just watched the Everton game on MOTD and he had his hand in all THREE Everton goals, the first was a superb cross which was neatly tucked in at the far post. Second he took a good header and scored himself a goal and thirdly some wonderful footwork and set up Osman to finish.

Before we scored today, in fact throughout the game I thought to myself there was something missing. That was something in midfield and even with Aki there would still be that something not there. It needed a spark someone with something special and something very creative. Having seen Cahill play today and in fact looking at what I have seen and heard of him through this season in general I am absolutely convinced that had we had Cahill we could be mid table right now and the bookies would have us as vertually safe.

To think we let him get away for a couple of hundred grand!!!

No wonder Dowie is pissed with Jordan over the whole agents scenario! He probably see's what Cahill is doing and thinks he would have been in red and blue.

The one that got away :sob: :( :sob:

*At least we won today :)

weh8millwall 26-02-2005 11:28 PM

Fantastic player....

oz_da II 26-02-2005 11:30 PM

Taking us all the way to Germany 2006. :lux:

WorthingEagle 26-02-2005 11:31 PM

Who cares we've got Hughsie :lux:

Webb 26-02-2005 11:47 PM

I don't think he "got away." I sincerly believe he was used by SJ and his chum Theo as a pawn to 1) up the price that Millwall could get for him, and 2) be used by SJ in his anti-agent stance.

Makes sense to me.:)

LLCOOLSTEVE 27-02-2005 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by webbplebb
I don't think he "got away." I sincerly believe he was used by SJ and his chum Theo as a pawn to 1) up the price that Millwall could get for him, and 2) be used by SJ in his anti-agent stance.

Makes sense to me.:)

:p

Jim Cannon 27-02-2005 12:15 AM

A great signing for Everton, before the season started I wasn't sure how well he would do in the Premiership, but is now a key player - one of the first names on the teamsheet. I can see him moving on to greater things in the future, especially if Everton fail to build on this season's success.

Benzhiyi 27-02-2005 12:36 AM

We'd have 5-10 more points had we signed him.

mellowG 27-02-2005 12:46 AM

ah well. im proud we stuck to our guns. let it go.

Eagle El 27-02-2005 12:55 AM

Cahill = Millwall = shet = not worth a wank

maestro 27-02-2005 02:04 AM

I dont where he comes from he is quality.

I dont any of this "we were just there to hike up the price rubbish" if that was the case then when Jordan attacked cahills agent like he did then the agent would of just replied by telling all about the deal being just a scam to get more money.

The fact is he's probably been one of the buys of the season in the premiership

Neil the Eagle 27-02-2005 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle El
Cahill = Millwall = shet = not worth a wank
:S: :bash:

sydney eagle 27-02-2005 02:44 AM

I used to think he was overrated but this season he has just proved himself as an absolutely fantastic player.A credit to himself and to Everton.

macstar 27-02-2005 06:26 AM

He is so good in the air coming for crosses its unbelievable. 90% of his goals come from these runs into the box.