CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   LGBT Protests outside primary schools (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=279115)

TopKnot 24-05-2019 04:22 PM

LGBT Protests outside primary schools
 
Cant see a thread on this. WTF is happening. How are people being allowed to bully, intimidate and harass teachers and disrupt schoolkids to protest at equality being taught to kids?

I don't understand why the protesters dont get dispersed and told to suck it up. LGBT relations are normal and happen everywhere so why shouldn't kids be brought up to see it that way - and the law appears to agree with that too. As someone said, you don't get to pick what equality you can have.

The protesters say they are not homophobic but what else can it be if they think learning about LGBT issues is going to 'corrupt' kids?

CP-RJW 24-05-2019 04:42 PM

Majority seem to be orthodox Muslim or Christian nutjobs innit? Pricks.

TennesseeKing 24-05-2019 05:00 PM

I don't get how anyone can have such hate in their hearts as to somehow see someone as less than human all based on sexual or gender preferences. Just because their book of choice says it's wrong. Mad world. And to not want equality taught, to encourage acceptance. That's worrying.

Yoda 24-05-2019 05:04 PM

It’s disgraceful to protest outside the school, thus intimidating pupils and teachers.

If they have a grievance they should take it up with their MP and the education authority.

But if the local state school is implementing the national curriculum correctly, then they’re doing their jobs and the parents have to accept that or choose a different school.

CP-RJW 24-05-2019 05:16 PM

The arguments against it are complete straw man fallacies of ‘young kids shouldn’t be taught about LGBT sex’ and stuff like that. No one is proposing that. It’s telling 5 year olds that kids with two mummies or two daddies exist, and just normalising it. So LGBT kids are less likely to hate themselves, and less likely to be singled out and bullied by others.

I assume the sexual parts get taught when the kids are 10, or whenever they start learning general sex Ed these days.

TennesseeKing 24-05-2019 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14771559)
The arguments against it are complete straw man fallacies of ‘young kids shouldn’t be taught about LGBT sex’ and stuff like that. No one is proposing that. It’s telling 5 year olds that kids with two mummies or two daddies exist, and just normalising it. So LGBT kids are less likely to hate themselves, and less likely to be singled out and bullied by others.

I assume the sexual parts get taught when the kids are 10, or whenever they start learning general sex Ed these days.

I bet there's a proportion of these nutters that are completely alright with lesbian porn though.

xmasape 24-05-2019 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennesseeKing (Post 14771569)
I bet there's a proportion of these nutters that are completely alright with lesbian porn though.

Anybody that isn't alright with lesbian porn should be deported.

bubbs11 24-05-2019 05:42 PM

Yes, complete lunacy. Can’t find the clip now, but saw one protester openly talking absolute ignorant nonsense about homosexuality. Frightening really. Unfortunately, when folk want to stick fervently to the teachings of books/fairytales written in less enlightened times, then there’s going to be a clash of beliefs.

Can you imagine being a child with fundamentalist Muslim or Christian parents and you just happen to fancy your own sex?

ExiledStirling 24-05-2019 05:49 PM

It is a total disgrace. Everyone is entitled to their own personal views but do not impose them on us particularly when they are ignorant, prejudiced and discriminatory.

Yoda 24-05-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14771559)
The arguments against it are complete straw man fallacies of ‘young kids shouldn’t be taught about LGBT sex’ and stuff like that. No one is proposing that. It’s telling 5 year olds that kids with two mummies or two daddies exist, and just normalising it. So LGBT kids are less likely to hate themselves, and less likely to be singled out and bullied by others.

I assume the sexual parts get taught when the kids are 10, or whenever they start learning general sex Ed these days.

And in my experience of schools, the parents are contacted before certain parts of the sex ed programme are taught and have the opportunity to preview the content and opt out for their kids.

Can’t tell you more specifically as we didn’t feel the need to preview it. We told our son he could chat to us about it afterwards if he wished, which he did a bit.

Away 24-05-2019 06:40 PM

By force of logic dogma has to be wrong far far more often than it’s right. Wasn’t that essentially Hume??

TopKnot 24-05-2019 06:47 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ngham-48401641

Credit to the teachers, very brave people to carry on doing what’s right in the face of the baying mob. Makes me so angry, police need to start wading in and making arrests for harassment. Not acceptable.

Crofty 24-05-2019 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmasape (Post 14771571)
Anybody that isn't alright with lesbian porn should be deported.

Don't get into a flap about it!:rolleyes:

Nth Kent Eagle 24-05-2019 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 14771607)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ngham-48401641

Credit to the teachers, very brave people to carry on doing what’s right in the face of the baying mob. Makes me so angry, police need to start wading in and making arrests for harassment. Not acceptable.

No doubt middle class parents will just get their kids the hell out of there and away from those unpleasant demonstrating parents. Sadly, there will be poor families who don't have that option to take their children away from the hate.

macstar 24-05-2019 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14771538)
Majority seem to be orthodox Muslim or Christian nutjobs innit? Pricks.

vast majority being muslim. The BBC and media wont mention that though

mrB 24-05-2019 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macstar (Post 14771643)
vast majority being muslim. The BBC and media wont mention that though

Despite than the fact that they clearly did :wallbash:

TopKnot 24-05-2019 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macstar (Post 14771643)
vast majority being muslim. The BBC and media wont mention that though

Oh do fvck off. I was just waiting for the first dick like you to come along and pin it on the Muslims.

in-exile 24-05-2019 08:02 PM

I'm not into lesbian porn or religion particularly ... Are they actually harming anybody ? ... I certainly believe in peaceful protest for anybody on anything they want..

917L 24-05-2019 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14771538)
Majority seem to be orthodox Muslim or Christian nutjobs innit? Pricks.

judging by the photos it's pretty reasonable to assume the majority are Muslim

Led by a twat who doesn't even have a child at the school

in-exile 24-05-2019 08:10 PM

We already have laws on harassment and Really .. you don't want to give Police more Public Order powers .... As they usually abuse them.

CP-RJW 24-05-2019 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14771657)
I'm not into lesbian porn or religion particularly ... Are they actually harming anybody ? ... I certainly believe in peaceful protest for anybody on anything they want..

This post is ridiculously dense, and maybe a troll, but I’ll bite.

They’re harming the very existence of LGBTQ people. Kids who know they’re gay, trans or whatever are very likely to feel suicidal, as their existence is barely even acknowledged at school, so naturally they feel like freaks. The non LGBTQ kids are also more likely to bully them, and any straight kids who might happen to have two dads or two mums. That’s how all these things work, you have to teach children respect and tolerance of different types of people early.

CP-RJW 24-05-2019 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 14771656)
Oh do fvck off. I was just waiting for the first dick like you to come along and pin it on the Muslims.

His type are all over social media talking about this. Couldn’t give a shit about LGBTQ people, just don’t like Muslims.

in-exile 24-05-2019 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14771662)
This post is ridiculously dense, and maybe a troll, but I’ll bite.

They’re harming the very existence of LGBT people. Kids who know they’re gay, trans or whatever are very likely to feel suicidal, as their existence is barely even acknowledged at school, so naturally they feel like freaks. The non LGBT kids are also more likely to bully them, and any straight kids who might happen to have two dads or two mums. That’s how all these things work, you have to teach children respect and tolerance of different types of people early.

So these parents .... How do you police their views and inference at home on their kids that they then bring to school anyway?
Sounds like 1984 .... I have no dog in this race but how do you wish to control them?

CP-RJW 24-05-2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14771664)
So these parents .... How do you police their views and inference at home on their kids that they then bring to school anyway?
Sounds like 1984 .... I have no dog in this race but how do you wish to control them?

It’s not a ‘view’ FFS.

It’s a fact that LGBTQ people exist. Heterosexual people and relationships exist, those are taught in school. Religious people exist, those are taught in school. LGBTQ people exist, so need to be taught in school.

Golf Boy 24-05-2019 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 14771656)
Oh do fvck off. I was just waiting for the first dick like you to come along and pin it on the Muslims.

If it was true, should it be ignored?

in-exile 24-05-2019 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14771669)
It’s not a ‘view’ FFS.

It’s a fact that LGBTQ people exist. Heterosexual people and relationships exist, those are taught in school. Religious people exist, those are taught in school. LGBTQ people exist, so need to be taught in school.

Well these parents don't share your VIEW.
I can be tolerance of their views and yours ..... Sorry about that.

CP-RJW 24-05-2019 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14771674)
Well these parents don't share your VIEW.
I can be tolerance of their views and yours ..... Sorry about that.

Again: It’s not a view, it’s fact.

They’re homophobes because their ancient, archaic book tells them gay people are bad. You can’t tolerate intolerance.

in-exile 24-05-2019 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14771677)
Again: It’s not a view, it’s fact.

They’re homophobes because their ancient, archaic book tells them gay people are bad. You can’t tolerate intolerance.

Makes you islamophobic ... ... Suck it up
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ded-from-abuse

sheepy 24-05-2019 08:37 PM

As a country millions of people are able to protest against the government’s proposals about Brexit, or going to war with Iraq, against tuition fees or climate change.

The proposals you’d need to pass into law to prevent these sorts of protests could easily be used to curtail any protest a government don’t like. That’s why we have to tolerate these twats.

It’s shit but you have to let it go in order to live in a properly functioning society.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 24-05-2019 08:37 PM

I have often found it interesting (and worrying) how our society often tolerates intolerance more if it is based on (or claimed to based upon) 'religious beliefs'.

There shouldn't be any question of doubt on this issue. The schools should be left to deliver the lessons on diversity and people shouldn't be allowed to protest and harass outside a school like that.

CP-RJW 24-05-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14771680)
Makes you islamophobic ... ... Suck it up
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ded-from-abuse

Moron.

https://islamophobia-definition.com/

‘Being critical of Islam or any religion does not automatically make you an Islamophobe. You are only an Islamophobe if you use the language of racism targeting expressions of Muslimness or perceived Muslimness to express your views.’

You missed out Christianity by the way, which I was also referring to.

in-exile 24-05-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14771689)
Moron.

https://islamophobia-definition.com/

‘Being critical of Islam or any religion does not automatically make you an Islamophobe. You are only an Islamophobe if you use the language of racism targeting expressions of Muslimness or perceived Muslimness to express your views.’

You're a nasty Racist! .... Joking aside I will tolerate their views and your views .... Carry on!

CP-RJW 24-05-2019 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14771690)
You're a nasty Racist! .... Joking aside I will tolerate their views and views .... Carry on!

Stick to trolling on the Hennessey threads pal, it suits you better.

Yoda 24-05-2019 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14771657)
I'm not into lesbian porn or religion particularly ... Are they actually harming anybody ? ... I certainly believe in peaceful protest for anybody on anything they want..

Maybe you haven’t read enough about what’s been happening?

It’s not entirely peaceful protest for large numbers to be outside the school shouting and making loud announcements...they’re intimidating the school community.

Horrible for young children to walk through and, as others said above, it must be v stressful for the teachers and headmistress.

I read the MP is asking for something like an exclusion zone to be created around the school, as the intimidation has become that bad.

in-exile 24-05-2019 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14771692)
Stick to trolling on the Hennessey threads pal, it suits you better.

Whatever... You cannot change them to your happy world ... They don't agree with your view and what you going to do about it ..?
Ban protests ..... Go and live in China!

in-exile 24-05-2019 08:49 PM

Love
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 14771695)
Maybe you haven’t read enough about what’s been happening?

It’s not entirely peaceful protest for large numbers to be outside the school shouting and making loud announcements...they’re intimidating the school community.

Horrible for young children to walk through and, as others said above, it must be v stressful for the teachers and headmistress.

I read the MP is asking for something like an exclusion zone to be created around the school, as the intimidation has become that bad.

That's correct .. it's not local and I don't have any interest other than ... **** your mind Police. We have Public Order and harassment laws ..

CP-RJW 24-05-2019 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14771696)
Whatever... You cannot change them to your happy world ... They don't agree with your view and what you going to do about it ..?
Ban protests ..... Go and live in China!

Don’t believe I said anything about banning protests? Nice strawman. All I said is that it needs to be taught in schools.

TennesseeKing 24-05-2019 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14771657)
I'm not into lesbian porn or religion particularly ... Are they actually harming anybody ? ... I certainly believe in peaceful protest for anybody on anything they want..

I mean, other than viewing people with a different sexuality or those who have transitioned from one gender to another as being disgusting, wrong and in the eyes of some less than human. They haven't done anything I guess.

I'm a huge advocate of free speech and allowing people to hold views that differ from my own even if they are different from mine and even offend me. This isn't the same as having private views though. You could argue that what they're doing is akin to inciting hatred upon people different to them which is so far beyond just allowing people to have their own beliefs. This is openly pushing their beliefs upon other people, and is just wrong.

in-exile 24-05-2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14771702)
Don’t believe I said anything about banning protests? Nice strawman. All I said is that it needs to be taught in schools.

I would agree ...but they don't ... How you going to stop their view?
Some here have talked of Police wading in.

TennesseeKing 24-05-2019 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14771706)
I would agree ...but they don't ... How you going to stop their view?

Nothing wrong with them having their view. There will always be those with views not accepted by society in the main, difference is when they incite hatred upon a group for whatever reason.

macstar 24-05-2019 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 14771656)
Oh do fvck off. I was just waiting for the first dick like you to come along and pin it on the Muslims.

Straight in there with "dick" and "fvck off"...to someone who doesnt agree with your view.

pin it? Sorry if you dont like facts.

Is Islam and the teachings of the koran compatable with a forward thinking western society?

in-exile 24-05-2019 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennesseeKing (Post 14771707)
Nothing wrong with them having their view. There will always be those with views not accepted by society in the main, difference is when they incite hatred upon a group for whatever reason.

I'm sure the Police can handle this with the powers given to them..if laws are broken.

TennesseeKing 24-05-2019 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macstar (Post 14771708)
Straight in there with "dick" and "fvck off"...to someone who doesnt agree with your view.

pin it? Sorry if you dont like facts.

Is Islam and the teachings of the koran compatable with a forward thinking western society?

Are the views of those who believe climate change is a myth compatible with a forward thinking western society? Probably not. But what can you do?

Yoda 24-05-2019 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14771706)
I would agree ...but they don't ... How you going to stop their view?
Some here have talked of Police wading in.

Police intervention would be related to ensuring the school community can function in safety.

The school is delivering the national curriculum, as set by the Dept of Educ. If those parents don’t want that, they can select a different school setting, maybe even educate at home?

I no more want such people to dictate the curriculum re LGBT than I want the flat Earth folk to dictate the science one or creationists to redact references to evolution.

Slimbloke'H' 24-05-2019 09:14 PM

Usual suspects doing what usual suspects do. Who knew...

CP-RJW 24-05-2019 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macstar (Post 14771708)
Is Islam and the teachings of the koran compatable with a forward thinking western society?

Yep, perfectly compatible, when like the vast majority of religious people in the West, Muslim, Christian, Hindu, whatever, they ignore the shit parts and follow the decent parts. Or alternatively, follow some of the shit parts like disagreeing with homosexuality, but don’t enforce it on others.

TennesseeKing 24-05-2019 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14771719)
Yep, perfectly compatible, when like the vast majority of religious people in the West, Muslim, Christian, Hindu, whatever, they ignore the shit parts and follow the decent parts. Or alternatively, follow some of the shit parts like disagreeing with homosexuality, but don’t enforce it on others.

Far more compatible than climate change deniers I'd say.

radiomike 24-05-2019 09:48 PM

dinosaurs bigots call them what they will the Dup, Rees mog and the vile IDs and their ilk
Some of whom see homosexuality as abhorrent, want to keep children in their tight straitjacket of thought , heedless of the misery and confusion that results.
Quite right to discuss climate change, and family diversity and end the pathetic moronic homophobic comment sadly. Still heard at football as well as trump like ignorance about climate change.Not all helped of course by this odious brute visiting Britain.

west country boy 24-05-2019 10:04 PM

You are a ******* mental.

Staines Eagle 24-05-2019 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14771657)
I'm not into lesbian porn

Said no man, ever. :moo:

ExiledStirling 24-05-2019 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macstar (Post 14771708)
Is Islam and the teachings of the koran compatable with a forward thinking western society?

No, as proven by their pathetic attempt at protesting. These Muzzies have not a clue about how to protest outside a school.

Here are forward thinking Western society Protestant Christians showing how it should be done;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeDcqvFz3l4

Backward lot those Muslamics.

thefox 25-05-2019 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staines Eagle (Post 14771754)
Said no man, ever. :moo:

He's entitled to prefer dick if he likes.

917L 25-05-2019 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 14771656)
Oh do fvck off. I was just waiting for the first dick like you to come along and pin it on the Muslims.

Its evident the vast majority of protestors here are Muslim

Were this happening in a different part of the country, maybe they would mainly be Christian

So there's no pinning it on anyone, its a fact the vast majority of protestors in this case are Muslim

Nth Kent Eagle 25-05-2019 06:31 AM

First class whataboutery on this thread.

Maz 25-05-2019 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macstar (Post 14771708)
Is Islam and the teachings of the koran compatable with a forward thinking western society?

Very hard to believe this question, if innocently asked, was posted by an adult.

DANGERMOUSE 25-05-2019 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 14771685)
I have often found it interesting (and worrying) how our society often tolerates intolerance more if it is based on (or claimed to based upon) 'religious beliefs'.

I guess it's an unintended consequence of the fight against racisim. For honourable reasons, in order to combat racial prejudice the boundaries of 'race' have been extended to include related but strictly separate cultural characteristics so to prevent racists using cutlural arguments as a proxy for racism. So we can't be beastly about Islam because (in this country, at least) Muslims are mostly Asian (although not all Asians are Muslim).

Which unfortunately has led to the situation where religious views get much more of a break than they deserve - especially if those religions overlap with racial identities. And once you give religions in general a preferential status, it gives extreme religious zealots a stronger foundation to propound their bigotry, such as this case.

It's the defeat of rationalism by the irrational, and shows the current politically correct hierarchy has race firmly at the top, religion a strong second - with the largest 'minority' coming a distant third: women - and then I guess gender and disabilities bring up the rear.

Les Butler 25-05-2019 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macstar (Post 14771708)
Is Islam and the teachings of the koran compatable with a forward thinking western society?

Is any religion and the teachings be it the bible or Koran compatible with a forward thinking western society.

I would say yes and no in respects that most religions 99% of the time do not harm anyone,its just that the nutters have read the koran or bible upside down and interpreted it in a f ucked up way.

I was watching bible bashers outside abortion clinics in Alabama, it got me thinking how nuts and blinkerdly single minded they actually are.

How can you be so brainwashed...?

Maz 25-05-2019 08:13 AM

Probably a much better answer than mine!

Baffled Bob 2 25-05-2019 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14771763)
No, as proven by their pathetic attempt at protesting. These Muzzies have not a clue about how to protest outside a school.

Here are forward thinking Western society Protestant Christians showing how it should be done;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeDcqvFz3l4

Backward lot those Muslamics.

Odd thing to post. Because we can think of worse examples, should we not discuss this issue?

in-exile 25-05-2019 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefox (Post 14771809)
He's entitled to prefer dick if he likes.

Thanks but no thanks ... Straight women porn over lesbians any day of the week ...

ExiledStirling 25-05-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 (Post 14771873)
Odd thing to post. Because we can think of worse examples, should we not discuss this issue?

Not really I was attacking the poster trying to paint Islam as somehow backward in its thinking and therefore not suited to the modern world by showing such backward thinking can also be found in the Christian community.

It is not religion that is the problem, it is the way some use religion to endorse and promote their own prejudices. The religion could be Islam, Christianity or whatever, but obviously Islamophobes will jump on this to criticise Muslims conveniently forgetting when other religions are guilty of the same backward and prejudicial thinking.

I had posted earlier my thoughts on these LGBT teaching protests.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14771579)
It is a total disgrace. Everyone is entitled to their own personal views but do not impose them on us particularly when they are ignorant, prejudiced and discriminatory.


CP-RJW 25-05-2019 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 (Post 14771873)
Odd thing to post. Because we can think of worse examples, should we not discuss this issue?

I’d say the real issue here is the advancement and protection of LGBTQ people. They have far bigger problems in this country than a tiny minority of orthodox Muslims. But the Muslim haters probably don’t like or care about them either.

It’s no different to an anti semite pretending to stand against Israel out of sympathy for Palestinians, when the real reason is clear.

little al 25-05-2019 09:12 AM

They are primary school children, they shouldn't be learning about sex at all. Let them be kids ffs.

CP-RJW 25-05-2019 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 14771903)
They are primary school children, they shouldn't be learning about sex at all. Let them be kids ffs.

They’re not. It’s literally just telling them that families with two mummies or daddies exist. You know, like we already do with heterosexual families.

CP-RJW 25-05-2019 09:18 AM

How irrationally afraid do you have to be of LGBTQ people to even think in the first place that 5 year olds are genuinely going to get taught about the sex side of things?

Baffled Bob 2 25-05-2019 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 14771903)
They are primary school children, they shouldn't be learning about sex at all. Let them be kids ffs.

Agree. But do you know any kids at all?

They are curious little sods and will want to know why a classmate seems to have two daddies. We shouldn't be shy of explaining the reason to them.

CP-RJW 25-05-2019 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 (Post 14771910)
Agree. But do you know any kids at all?

They are curious little sods and will want to know why a classmate seems to have two daddies. We shouldn't be shy of explaining the reason to them.

And I don’t think that reason will go any further than ‘some men love other men and some women love other women’ etc. They’re not going to be streaming gay porn in primary school classrooms across the country.

Yoda 25-05-2019 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 14771903)
They are primary school children, they shouldn't be learning about sex at all. Let them be kids ffs.

They aren’t giving them a lesson on the ‘mechanics’ of being LGBT etc. You’re too literally interpreting the term ‘sex education’.

Ofcourse primary school kids have to learn about sex education, but it’ll be at an appropriate level of information. To be honest, it’s something you should be gently discussing with your kids at home too...unless you want them to find out from playground chat instead!

I used to volunteer at a primary school and you hear stories of young girls starting their periods and being terrified about what’s happening because no one has told them. Schools therefore tend to teach about this at around Year 5, certainly in Year 6. So you have to teach a certain amount about human biology and the reproduction so that the girls are ready. (At our school they split the boys and girls into separate lessons for this aspect, as they found the girls were more likely to ask questions and express their concerns then.)

Selhurst Celtic 25-05-2019 10:32 AM

I love the posters getting into bed with the gays so they can stick it to the muzzies.

beef 25-05-2019 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 14771903)
They are primary school children, they shouldn't be learning about sex at all. Let them be kids ffs.

Not far off finding things on the internet so probably best that the school gets there first.

thefox 25-05-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 14771964)
I love the posters getting into bed with the gays so they can stick it to the muzzies.

:D

thefox 25-05-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 14771903)
They are primary school children, they shouldn't be learning about sex at all. Let them be kids ffs.

We had sex education at primary school, it was hairier than my Dads 70's porno mags in the cupboard under the stairs.

adrenalin john 25-05-2019 03:33 PM

Funny how the extreme Muslims and Christians seem to have very little faith that their 'supreme being' cant sort things out himself.

Such as a shame that man made and man interpreted religion gets in the way of exploring, god, spirituality and our inter-connectedness

CPFC.1990 25-05-2019 03:43 PM

Wasn't it the case that the people causing the most fuss were the ones who didn't actually have any children attending the school?

They missed the point that it was actually a lesson about relationships rather than an actual 'how to guide'.....

I'm actually surprised that was allowed to go on in front of children, some of the kids were clearly worried by it.

little al 25-05-2019 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14771904)
They’re not. It’s literally just telling them that families with two mummies or daddies exist. You know, like we already do with heterosexual families.

Do we tell them about heterosexuals? No, they just know their friends have a mummy and daddy, or just a mummy or daddy, or two mummys or daddies, just like they know their friends have a brother and sister or two sisters. Kids don't care, its the making an issue of it that makes it an issue.

xmasape 25-05-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14771879)
Thanks but no thanks ... Straight women porn over lesbians any day of the week ...

Weirdo.

thefox 25-05-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14771879)
Thanks but no thanks ... Straight women porn over lesbians any day of the week ...

Is straight women porn two straight women talking about make up over coffee with their clothes on ?

Reps AJ 25-05-2019 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 14772161)
Do we tell them about heterosexuals? No, they just know their friends have a mummy and daddy, or just a mummy or daddy, or two mummys or daddies, just like they know their friends have a brother and sister or two sisters. Kids don't care, its the making an issue of it that makes it an issue.

Yes we do

Maz 25-05-2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 14772161)
Do we tell them about heterosexuals? No, they just know their friends have a mummy and daddy, or just a mummy or daddy, or two mummys or daddies, just like they know their friends have a brother and sister or two sisters.

You’d think it would be exactly like that, wouldn’t you. It makes sense. Sadly for your argument, children tend to be far more curious than this. You don’t have kids do you, Al?!

PauLo 25-05-2019 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les Butler (Post 14771840)
How can you be so brainwashed...?


The likes of Farage and Laxative-Lemon target people like him. Stupid people are easier to indoctrinate into their backwards, hate fill views of the world.

west country boy 25-05-2019 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 14771964)
I love the posters getting into bed with the gays so they can stick it to the muzzies.

I think/know they are both evil.

CP-RJW 25-05-2019 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 14772161)
Kids don't care, its the making an issue of it that makes it an issue.

Yes they do. Ask pretty much anyone who’s ever grown up openly gay, or even some kids who just grew up with gay parents. Kids can be nasty, homophobic pricks if gayness isn’t seen by them as a ‘normal’ trait. Hell, I didn’t know any openly gay kids at school until sixth form when most people had grown up enough, but before that at 8-15 years old, ‘gay,’ ‘poof’ etc were the go to insults for pretty much any situation. Also, the gay kids themselves often feel like freaks internally, since their sexuality isn’t the norm, making them depressed or suicidal.

I really can’t see any argument against normalising LGBTQ people for young kids outside of the homophobic, archaic nonsense that a noisy minority of religious people partake in.

little al 26-05-2019 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14772233)
You’d think it would be exactly like that, wouldn’t you. It makes sense. Sadly for your argument, children tend to be far more curious than this. You don’t have kids do you, Al?!

Yes I do. Although she is nearly 21 now.

redandblue 26-05-2019 07:16 AM

When I work in London my daughter sometimes comes in with me our gay male receptionist was talking about his boyfriend after he left my daughter (then 7) asked if men could have boyfriends as well we said yes of course end of conversation. It’s good for kids to know this but whether they need to be actively taught this in infants or whether it’s something that just comes up sooner or later I don’t know, part of me thinks that being taught this at such an early age creates more stigma than is needed particularly if they then bring it home and get a different answer from bigoted parents.

redandblue 26-05-2019 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14771892)
Not really I was attacking the poster trying to paint Islam as somehow backward in its thinking and therefore not suited to the modern world by showing such backward thinking can also be found in the Christian community.

.

The intimidation in Belfast at this school is some of the worst things I have ever seen, however this was purely political and not religious.

There is nothing in teachings in the Protestant bible against catholic’s though there is against same sex relationships.

ExiledStirling 26-05-2019 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redandblue (Post 14772465)
The intimidation in Belfast at this school is some of the worst things I have ever seen, however this was purely political and not religious.

There is nothing in teachings in the Protestant bible against catholic’s though there is against same sex relationships.

I was not commenting on religious teachings, I was simply having a pop at a poster who posted something that was Islamophobic.

btw There is a reason why the bible makes no reference to Catholics and Protestants :)

art malice 26-05-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14771763)
No, as proven by their pathetic attempt at protesting. These Muzzies have not a clue about how to protest outside a school.

Here are forward thinking Western society Protestant Christians showing how it should be done;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeDcqvFz3l4

Backward lot those Muslamics.

I remember Sky News were ‘live from the school run’ that week - then 9/11 happened and forgot all about it

Yoda 26-05-2019 09:11 AM

Maybe those protesting should reflect that the same national curriculum teaches awareness and tolerance of other faiths etc.

ExiledStirling 26-05-2019 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 14772506)
Maybe those protesting should reflect that the same national curriculum teaches awareness and tolerance of other faiths etc.

They have been asked to but it appears they are not wanting to;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy9FAko75hE

thefox 26-05-2019 09:29 AM

Why do R.E. teachers always smell ?

Ardent Eagle Forever 26-05-2019 10:23 AM

Whatever happened to teaching junior school children to read and write? And to have fun whilst they are doing it. What with sats and having sexual/gender issues thrown at them they must be as confused as hell.

DANGERMOUSE 26-05-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14771892)
It is not religion that is the problem, it is the way some use religion to endorse and promote their own prejudices. The religion could be Islam, Christianity or whatever, but obviously Islamophobes will jump on this to criticise Muslims conveniently forgetting when other religions are guilty of the same backward and prejudicial thinking.

This is wrong. If religions say (in effect) 'LGBT people are sinful and must be punished' then the problem is the religions. We can take comfort in the fact that most adherents don't follow it to the letter, we can welcome modern interpretations that turn a blind eye, we can bemoan when hardliners do display intolerance, but we can't put the blame solely on prejudiced followers and give the religions themselves a free pass. It's the religions which create and justify the intolerance that the hardliners are following.

Baffled Bob 2 26-05-2019 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever (Post 14772558)
Whatever happened to teaching junior school children to read and write? .

They still do that. It's not all:

"Today, children, our focus is reacharounds and the pop career of Gloria Gaynor '

DANGERMOUSE 26-05-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefox (Post 14772532)
Why do R.E. teachers always smell ?

I don't know, why do RE teachers always smell?

Selhurst Celtic 26-05-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redandblue (Post 14772465)
The intimidation in Belfast at this school is some of the worst things I have ever seen, however this was purely political and not religious.

There is nothing in teachings in the Protestant bible against catholic’s though there is against same sex relationships.

I'd happily go on the piss with a load of gays. I can't say the same about orangemen.

OTF.

ExiledStirling 26-05-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE (Post 14772564)
This is wrong. If religions say (in effect) 'LGBT people are sinful and must be punished' then the problem is the religions. We can take comfort in the fact that most adherents don't follow it to the letter, we can welcome modern interpretations that turn a blind eye, we can bemoan when hardliners do display intolerance, but we can't put the blame solely on prejudiced followers and give the religions themselves a free pass. It's the religions which create and justify the intolerance that the hardliners are following.

I get where you are coming from but I stand by my assertion that it is not religion that is to blame but how it used to endorse and encourage prejudice. I do not believe religious teaching in itself does create, justify or encourage intolerance. People know basic rights from wrongs and can choose what passages from religious teachings they choose to focus on those they do not.

See, the day of the LORD is coming —a cruel day, with wrath and fierce anger— to make the land desolate and destroy the sinners within it. The stars of heaven and their constellations will not show their light. The rising sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light. I will punish the world for its evil, the wicked for their sins. I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty and will humble the pride of the ruthless. I will make people scarcer than pure gold, more rare than the gold of Ophir. Therefore I will make the heavens tremble; and the earth will shake from its place at the wrath of the LORD Almighty, in the day of his burning anger. Like a hunted gazelle, like sheep without a shepherd, they will all return to their own people, they will flee to their native land. Whoever is captured will be thrust through; all who are caught will fall by the sword. Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives violated.


(Isaiah 13:9–16 NIV)

So many examples here to pick up on, but though not strictly intolerance related, lets deal with how the passage ends.

Do you believe The Bible is encouraging and justifying rape?

Skin Up 26-05-2019 11:00 AM

Jess Phillips isn't perfect she has an incredibly high opinion of herself and sometimes comes across as self righteous but by telling that young Muslim man some uncomfortable truths she showed more backbone and principles than any of the Labour front bench who would doubtlessly mutter some guff about the 'importance of respecting diverse communities' if the problem were to arise in their constituency.

This is a Birmingham problem rather than a Muslim problem, I've been hearing troubling tales about their school system for some time now and you don't get these issues in London, Manchester, Leeds or other cities with a sizeable Muslim population. In short other cities have nipped this in the bud by telling parents to **** off while at some point Brum must have given an inch and was shocked when a mile was demanded.

Selhurst Celtic 26-05-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 (Post 14772567)
They still do that. It's not all:

"Today, children, our focus is reacharounds and the pop career of Gloria Gaynor '

Ah, did you go to a Christian Brothers school too? That was a practical lesson.

ebyeeckeagle 26-05-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 14772573)
I'd happily go on the piss with a load of gays. I can't say the same about orangemen.

OTF.

Along with your Catholic wife? Oh hang on.

You disgust me.

Selhurst Celtic 26-05-2019 11:09 AM

The orangemen would love my missus; a load of emotional lambeg drum bashers & a Zulu. It's a match made in heaven.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.