CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   LGBT Protests outside primary schools (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=279115)

west country boy 25-05-2019 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 14771964)
I love the posters getting into bed with the gays so they can stick it to the muzzies.

I think/know they are both evil.

CP-RJW 25-05-2019 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 14772161)
Kids don't care, its the making an issue of it that makes it an issue.

Yes they do. Ask pretty much anyone who’s ever grown up openly gay, or even some kids who just grew up with gay parents. Kids can be nasty, homophobic pricks if gayness isn’t seen by them as a ‘normal’ trait. Hell, I didn’t know any openly gay kids at school until sixth form when most people had grown up enough, but before that at 8-15 years old, ‘gay,’ ‘poof’ etc were the go to insults for pretty much any situation. Also, the gay kids themselves often feel like freaks internally, since their sexuality isn’t the norm, making them depressed or suicidal.

I really can’t see any argument against normalising LGBTQ people for young kids outside of the homophobic, archaic nonsense that a noisy minority of religious people partake in.

little al 26-05-2019 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14772233)
You’d think it would be exactly like that, wouldn’t you. It makes sense. Sadly for your argument, children tend to be far more curious than this. You don’t have kids do you, Al?!

Yes I do. Although she is nearly 21 now.

redandblue 26-05-2019 07:16 AM

When I work in London my daughter sometimes comes in with me our gay male receptionist was talking about his boyfriend after he left my daughter (then 7) asked if men could have boyfriends as well we said yes of course end of conversation. It’s good for kids to know this but whether they need to be actively taught this in infants or whether it’s something that just comes up sooner or later I don’t know, part of me thinks that being taught this at such an early age creates more stigma than is needed particularly if they then bring it home and get a different answer from bigoted parents.

redandblue 26-05-2019 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14771892)
Not really I was attacking the poster trying to paint Islam as somehow backward in its thinking and therefore not suited to the modern world by showing such backward thinking can also be found in the Christian community.

The intimidation in Belfast at this school is some of the worst things I have ever seen, however this was purely political and not religious.

There is nothing in teachings in the Protestant bible against catholic’s though there is against same sex relationships.

ExiledStirling 26-05-2019 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redandblue (Post 14772465)
The intimidation in Belfast at this school is some of the worst things I have ever seen, however this was purely political and not religious.

There is nothing in teachings in the Protestant bible against catholic’s though there is against same sex relationships.

I was not commenting on religious teachings, I was simply having a pop at a poster who posted something that was Islamophobic.

btw There is a reason why the bible makes no reference to Catholics and Protestants :)

art malice 26-05-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14771763)
No, as proven by their pathetic attempt at protesting. These Muzzies have not a clue about how to protest outside a school.

Here are forward thinking Western society Protestant Christians showing how it should be done;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeDcqvFz3l4

Backward lot those Muslamics.

I remember Sky News were ‘live from the school run’ that week - then 9/11 happened and forgot all about it

Yoda 26-05-2019 09:11 AM

Maybe those protesting should reflect that the same national curriculum teaches awareness and tolerance of other faiths etc.

ExiledStirling 26-05-2019 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 14772506)
Maybe those protesting should reflect that the same national curriculum teaches awareness and tolerance of other faiths etc.

They have been asked to but it appears they are not wanting to;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy9FAko75hE

thefox 26-05-2019 09:29 AM

Why do R.E. teachers always smell ?

Ardent Eagle Forever 26-05-2019 10:23 AM

Whatever happened to teaching junior school children to read and write? And to have fun whilst they are doing it. What with sats and having sexual/gender issues thrown at them they must be as confused as hell.

DANGERMOUSE 26-05-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14771892)
It is not religion that is the problem, it is the way some use religion to endorse and promote their own prejudices. The religion could be Islam, Christianity or whatever, but obviously Islamophobes will jump on this to criticise Muslims conveniently forgetting when other religions are guilty of the same backward and prejudicial thinking.

This is wrong. If religions say (in effect) 'LGBT people are sinful and must be punished' then the problem is the religions. We can take comfort in the fact that most adherents don't follow it to the letter, we can welcome modern interpretations that turn a blind eye, we can bemoan when hardliners do display intolerance, but we can't put the blame solely on prejudiced followers and give the religions themselves a free pass. It's the religions which create and justify the intolerance that the hardliners are following.

Baffled Bob 2 26-05-2019 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever (Post 14772558)
Whatever happened to teaching junior school children to read and write? .

They still do that. It's not all:

"Today, children, our focus is reacharounds and the pop career of Gloria Gaynor '

DANGERMOUSE 26-05-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefox (Post 14772532)
Why do R.E. teachers always smell ?

I don't know, why do RE teachers always smell?

Selhurst Celtic 26-05-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redandblue (Post 14772465)

I'd happily go on the piss with a load of gays. I can't say the same about orangemen.

OTF.

ExiledStirling 26-05-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE (Post 14772564)
This is wrong. If religions say (in effect) 'LGBT people are sinful and must be punished' then the problem is the religions. We can take comfort in the fact that most adherents don't follow it to the letter, we can welcome modern interpretations that turn a blind eye, we can bemoan when hardliners do display intolerance, but we can't put the blame solely on prejudiced followers and give the religions themselves a free pass. It's the religions which create and justify the intolerance that the hardliners are following.

I get where you are coming from but I stand by my assertion that it is not religion that is to blame but how it used to endorse and encourage prejudice. I do not believe religious teaching in itself does create, justify or encourage intolerance. People know basic rights from wrongs and can choose what passages from religious teachings they choose to focus on those they do not.

See, the day of the LORD is coming —a cruel day, with wrath and fierce anger— to make the land desolate and destroy the sinners within it. The stars of heaven and their constellations will not show their light. The rising sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light. I will punish the world for its evil, the wicked for their sins. I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty and will humble the pride of the ruthless. I will make people scarcer than pure gold, more rare than the gold of Ophir. Therefore I will make the heavens tremble; and the earth will shake from its place at the wrath of the LORD Almighty, in the day of his burning anger. Like a hunted gazelle, like sheep without a shepherd, they will all return to their own people, they will flee to their native land. Whoever is captured will be thrust through; all who are caught will fall by the sword. Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives violated.

(Isaiah 13:9–16 NIV)

So many examples here to pick up on, but though not strictly intolerance related, lets deal with how the passage ends.

Do you believe The Bible is encouraging and justifying rape?

Skin Up 26-05-2019 11:00 AM

Jess Phillips isn't perfect she has an incredibly high opinion of herself and sometimes comes across as self righteous but by telling that young Muslim man some uncomfortable truths she showed more backbone and principles than any of the Labour front bench who would doubtlessly mutter some guff about the 'importance of respecting diverse communities' if the problem were to arise in their constituency.

This is a Birmingham problem rather than a Muslim problem, I've been hearing troubling tales about their school system for some time now and you don't get these issues in London, Manchester, Leeds or other cities with a sizeable Muslim population. In short other cities have nipped this in the bud by telling parents to **** off while at some point Brum must have given an inch and was shocked when a mile was demanded.

Selhurst Celtic 26-05-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 (Post 14772567)
They still do that. It's not all:

"Today, children, our focus is reacharounds and the pop career of Gloria Gaynor '

Ah, did you go to a Christian Brothers school too? That was a practical lesson.

ebyeeckeagle 26-05-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 14772573)
I'd happily go on the piss with a load of gays. I can't say the same about orangemen.

OTF.

Along with your Catholic wife? Oh hang on.

You disgust me.

Selhurst Celtic 26-05-2019 11:09 AM

The orangemen would love my missus; a load of emotional lambeg drum bashers & a Zulu. It's a match made in heaven.