CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   "Haye is backstage" (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=219345)

Streathamite 12-05-2011 09:30 PM

"Haye is backstage"

Anyone watching Sky Sports?

Vlad Klichsko in the studio, talking very intelligently to the presenters. They ask him about Haye and he isn't overly disrespectful but dismisses Haye of course.

They then say well guess who is backstage? Haye!

Cue some camera action, split screen, between them. Vlad saying 'well come out here then' while Haye says 'if I came out there I would have to hit him, so I won't'. Obviously, Vlad laughs at this. Vlad invites him out but Haye says no.

Haye looked liked such a fool.

Annoying cos I have supported Haye despite his millscum connection. He's a South Londoner who went out and done good. I bet a mate from Elephant Haye would beat Valuev and was happy when he did. I watched in a pub in Streatham when he destroyed Fraudley and the whole pub was going mental for Haye.

But tonight he looked a mug. First time I have thought, actually, this time, he looks all mouth. Even the presenter said "he's asking you out, go out". Haye said "If I go out there I'll give him a slap".

Vlad said "A slap? small hands, small brain."

The presenters loved it, Haye backed down.

So anyway, boxing fans, who will win this one?

I think Haye is better than he gets credited but tonight he sort of looked stupid.

***suspension of disbelief required for Sky hype boxing matches, I know***

spunky 12-05-2011 09:38 PM

I always thought a part of boxing was having a bit of respect for your opponent, Haye was refusing to shake his hand, looked like a mug TBH

hoskingt 12-05-2011 09:39 PM

Why did Sky do that though? If they didn't know they were going to be on the show together, they shouldn't have done it. Save it for the fight.

BulletEagle 12-05-2011 09:40 PM

Haye has no chance

gold76 12-05-2011 09:41 PM

Haye comes across as really arrogant

Wladimir is well spoken & seems confident

It will be pure theatre, Haye will look to kill him quick, Wlad will look to get behind his jab..

Not clear cut.

Streathamite 12-05-2011 09:47 PM

Must admit, watching this, I'm regaining my confidence in Haye. He is much more talented than he gets credited. I just think his stupid media posturing failed him tonight. I personally hope he wins but really could do without him saying "I'll sit here backstage but when he's gone, brag about smashing his face in".

Pistol Knight 12-05-2011 09:48 PM

The Beckenham boy will do good, Haye to floor him in the 3rd

The Omen 12-05-2011 09:48 PM

Is this WWF or boxing?

Chris K 12-05-2011 09:55 PM

Wladimir served him :D

NO1FAN 12-05-2011 09:57 PM

Haye will get knocked out

peagle 12-05-2011 09:59 PM

REAlly disliked haye mince the valuev (sp?) Fight. I dont know lots about boxing and I know part of its about not getting hit but he was just boring!

Streathamite 12-05-2011 10:03 PM

No. Sorry, but Ali did the same against Foreman, and that last round blitz was one of the best things in boxing ever. Haye saw Valuev's weakness and exploited it expertly. That is as much a part of boxing as landing a knockout punch.

I'd love to see the lower weight, high speed boxing of Manny or Floyd vs the occasional massive weighty punch of a heavyweight.

pauldrulez 12-05-2011 10:05 PM

Haye will knock him out in 7.

When did either Klitschko last fight anyone mildly decent?

Typical Palace 12-05-2011 10:13 PM

They say the same about Haye though don't they.

Haye is already started his nascent acting career. Everything he does and says is about attracting as many viewers as possible to the Pay per view so he gets paid more.

Every south Londoner should get behind the Hayemaker and accept boxing for the theatre it is. I strongly fancied Haye to beat the giant (sp) and believe he can beat Klischko.

ANDYEAGLE 12-05-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Haye will knock him out in 7.

When did either Klitschko last fight anyone mildly decent?

Is there anyone decent for them to fight? Haye is a blown up cruiser with a big gob. Typical Millwall.

A puncher always has a chance in this game,but in Hayes case it is not much of one. I would love to get evens on Klitschko are you offering?

Streathamite 12-05-2011 10:24 PM

It's true the current heavyweight scene is crap. Chisora wouldn't ever get mentioned on TV otherwise. But I think Haye could have established himself in better times too tbh.

AddiscombeCPFC 12-05-2011 10:53 PM

Hype has always been part of boxing, but all this trash talking is getting boring now.

It's on a par with the crap being spouted before the Haye-Harrison farce. Whilst Klitscho is a different kettle of fish to Fraudley, it does make you wonder why they need to spend all this talking the fight up to generate more interest (and PPV sales), when a genuine clash between two class heavyweights wouldn't need this.

Haye mugged himself off today in the interview on Sky -Wlad make him look extremely silly.

Groves - DeGale is going the same way as well. All this "best of enemies" and "we hate each other crap". Degale is irritating and I hope Groves knocks him out. Im getting behind Haye as the British fighter, but he's starting to grate with me now - I think he'll win on points though.

rednblue eagle 12-05-2011 11:09 PM

I personally think Haye is a complete moron. I know that trash talking before a fight is done to raise publicity but he just comes across as arrogant and disrespectful. The whole I'm not going to shake your hand episode was just embarrassing.

In a press conference the other day he tried to mock klitchko by calling him 'mr intelligent'. I doubt klitchko is going to be ashamed to have a PHD, as much as Haye is a good fighter, out of the ring he just comes across as a complete cock. A shame really because he's reinvigorated the heavy weight decision. Pacquaio has managed to defeat everyone without engaging in pathetic arguments, i dont see why more boxers don't follow his path.

I think Haye will beat Klitchko but would love to see him Ko'd first round just so I can here what crap he has to say after.

Rant over :)

AJ's right boot 13-05-2011 04:24 AM

What's wrong with the boxing thread?

AJ's right boot 13-05-2011 04:24 AM

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthrea...02490&page=197