CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Big game against Bournemouth (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278950)

Mr Bo Jangles 06-05-2019 05:53 AM

Big game against Bournemouth

Next week we play Bournemouth in what appears to be a nothing end of season fixture. However the difference between wining and losing is £1.9 million pounds prize money and if West Ham lose, winning could be worth £3.8 million.

To put it into context the winner of the FA cup receives £3.6 million and £3.8 is the equivalent value of the club selling an 7000 extra season tickets.

Big game next week, be nice if the team and fans perform and we finish on a real high and £3.8 million richer.

Jolly Eagle 06-05-2019 06:09 AM

Need it for our extortionate wage bill.

Mr Palace 06-05-2019 06:20 AM

It’s an insignificant game in the scheme of things and I hope we give some players a chance. Whatever Hodgson does, I just hope it’s nothing like the way he set us up against Everton.

Billy Rhino 06-05-2019 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolly Eagle (Post 14751721)
Need it for our extortionate wage bill.

It would pay for 8 months of Benteke's wages.

Despite this I would like to see one or two youth team players given a chance. AWB is worth a lot more than £3.8m, so who knows what Woods etc. could be worth in future if they can make the grade.

AddoWolz 06-05-2019 06:29 AM

It's totally not an insignificant game , as the OP points out there is a possible 3.8 million pounds up for grabs which is an awful lot of money for a club our size , hope Roy selects the same front 4 that played against Cardiff and then we'd be in for an exciting game.

biggus mickus 06-05-2019 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddoWolz (Post 14751729)
It's totally not an insignificant game , as the OP points out there is a possible 3.8 million pounds up for grabs which is an awful lot of money for a club our size , hope Roy selects the same front 4 that played against Cardiff and then we'd be in for an exciting game.

This, all day long.

MENTALLY TOUGH 06-05-2019 07:19 AM

Just be nice to beat them at home and wipe that smirk off Howe's face let alone the money rewards for the club.

Mr Palace 06-05-2019 07:29 AM

Quote:

If we donít give some reserve/academy players a chance in a game like this then when will we. Itís the perfect opportunity. Youíve got to think about the future as well as the short term.

Danny_Cheviot 06-05-2019 07:30 AM

Attack, Attack, Attack.

(Apologies for the foul language).

Happy Arthur 06-05-2019 07:33 AM

Quote:

I think the tactical genius that is Eddie Howe plays 442 so hopefully Roy will do the right thing.

Penstone Eagle 06-05-2019 07:36 AM

Quote:

It would be nice to have attacking intent for the last game.

old traf 06-05-2019 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 14751726)
Itís an insignificant game in the scheme of things and I hope we give some players a chance. Whatever Hodgson does, I just hope itís nothing like the way he set us up against Everton.

Yeah, 3.8 Million is very insignificant :

Jim Cannon 06-05-2019 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 14751726)
Itís an insignificant game in the scheme of things and I hope we give some players a chance. Whatever Hodgson does, I just hope itís nothing like the way he set us up against Everton.

League Cup is for giving players a chance. On the one hand people are moaning about us not spending enough on new players, so why risk throwing 4M away

jhc 06-05-2019 07:45 AM

Doesn’t seem that long ago that our total annual income was about £12m.
A possible £3.8m for one game!!!
What we would have given for that opportunity back then!
How times have changed

IanH 06-05-2019 07:57 AM

So basically, if we win and Watford do the business, we have the fee for Ayew from this one game.

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o 06-05-2019 08:13 AM

Just hate everything about Bournemouth..

And now they have that incredibly dirty git, Jefferson Lerma.. (26 games, 16 bookings.. season 2017/18) along with the rest of them, particularly Aki, who fall as if they've been shot when in the opponents pen area they are just a horrible little outfit.

Sod the extra £x m's just beat 'em

Scifo 06-05-2019 08:17 AM

Come on, on relative terms it is our least important game of the season.

It'd be nice to get a home win to gloss over those stats and a bit of cash would be nice but its one of the few games where there's room for sentiment.

Start Speroni. I doubt we'll see any kids (Unless we play Dann as a Striker ;) ). And as I've been shouting into the ether these past few weeks, find a little room in you heart for Connor Wickham.

Latvian 06-05-2019 08:22 AM

They can afford to play a youngster in goal, I hope we put our very senior goalie in.

Just have a bench full of youngsters plus players like Souare who unlikely to feature again, hopefully they can have a little run out at the end. The match may be decided by then.

Maiden Eagle 06-05-2019 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o (Post 14751791)
Just hate everything about Bournemouth..

And now they have that incredibly dirty git, Jefferson Lerma.. (26 games, 16 bookings.. season 2017/18) along with the rest of them, particularly Aki, who fall as if they've been shot when in the opponents pen area they are just a horrible little outfit.

Sod the extra £x m's just beat 'em

Feel the same - I don't this will be like an end of Season game, against those niggly tw*ts !!

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 06-05-2019 08:26 AM

I don't think the clubs cares too much about the fans' money and has been rather careless with its own money, so I'm not going to lose sleep over this one.