CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Transfer Hotline (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Rumour: Timothy Castagne (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=279220)

Latvian Eagle 07-07-2019 07:56 AM

Atalanta are exactly the sort of club we should be looking to emulate. One of the best youth set ups in Italy (they won the 2018/19 Primavera), doing up their shitty old stadium so it looks new and top quality, just qualified for the Champions League playing some nice football.

All that being said I can't see why this guy would want to come except for the money.

Latvian Eagle 07-07-2019 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16eagles (Post 14814069)
I watched atlanta play few times also Zapata, Muriel and Toloi always stood out for because of there postions and didnt know him. Easy decision Clyne would be way ahead of him for me. Proven perfect age and would give 100% for us im sure. Knows the club fits. NO risk.

If you are going to state you watch a club several times at least don't mention a player who has only just signed for them. ;)

GB2506 07-07-2019 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16eagles (Post 14814069)
I watched atlanta play few times also Zapata, Muriel and Toloi always stood out for because of there postions and didnt know him. Easy decision Clyne would be way ahead of him for me. Proven perfect age and would give 100% for us im sure. Knows the club fits. NO risk.

Muriel has never played a game for Atalanta, they have only just signed him. Itís safe to say you just want us to sign Clyne as you know nothing about Castagne.

DARZET EAGLE 07-07-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excowboy (Post 14814136)

Get practising

Excellent, will the real Bogle stand up and show us how it's done.:lux:

DARZET EAGLE 07-07-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 14814300)
Atalanta are exactly the sort of club we should be looking to emulate. One of the best youth set ups in Italy (they won the 2018/19 Primavera), doing up their shitty old stadium so it looks new and top quality, just qualified for the Champions League playing some nice football.

All that being said I can't see why this guy would want to come except for the money.

Understandable, he won't come just for the experience.

LuieJack 07-07-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Precisely.
You are quite right in stating what is basically the root of our problem as to why we are struggling to make progress on and off the pitch. This could be put down to poor management and a lack of patience in seeing a project through, as we know Parish tried to addess this issue when appointing FDB but for whatever the reasons for his dismissal which we are not privelaged to as to why it all then went pear shaped.
I had hoped the introduction of the American investors would have changed our fortunes clearly not as they have now decided to jump ship, and we are now back to square one.
But you are right in highlighting how Atalanta showed the way it should be done and it is a formula we should look closely at.

Thefunkymonk 07-07-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuieJack (Post 14814476)
Precisely.
You are quite right in stating what is basically the root of our problem as to why we are struggling to make progress on and off the pitch. This could be put down to poor management and a lack of patience in seeing a project through, as we know Parish tried to addess this issue when appointing FDB but for whatever the reasons for his dismissal which we are not privelaged to as to why it all then went pear shaped.
I had hoped the introduction of the American investors would have changed our fortunes clearly not as they have now decided to jump ship, and we are now back to square one.
But you are right in highlighting how Atalanta showed the way it should be done and it is a formula we should look closely at.

I thought I was negative but you are a different level.

When we were promoted our facilities and stadium had been badly neglected for years, literally falling apart. We werenít prepared for promotion. Compare selhurst and training ground now to when we were promoted and itís vastly improved.

Then since yanks come in we have sought planning permission for new stand, secured long term lease of land for new academy which will be cat 1 when itís done Iíd imagine, with work starting end of this season. None of this stuff happens at click of fingers.. it takes time. Added to the ever increasing cost of playing staff to keep us in the league. So no we arenít back at square 1.

LuieJack 07-07-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk (Post 14814484)
I thought I was negative but you are a different level.

When we were promoted our facilities and stadium had been badly neglected for years, literally falling apart. We werenít prepared for promotion. Compare selhurst and training ground now to when we were promoted and itís vastly improved.

Then since yanks come in we have sought planning permission for new stand, secured long term lease of land for new academy which will be cat 1 when itís done Iíd imagine, with work starting end of this season. None of this stuff happens at click of fingers.. it takes time. Added to the ever increasing cost of playing staff to keep us in the league. So no we arenít back at square 1.

It is not a question of being negative just honest and realistic, but you do need to take those very dark Red and Blue specs off when it comes to commenting on our facilities.
Which is what i was doing when responding to Latvian Eagle in suggesting we emulate the methods used by Atalanta, surely you have to agree we are some way behind even with the positive spin you put on it, I then went on to add what i felt was the reasons why we lagged behind.
You mention reasons why and it does not happen at "the click of your fingers" believe me Funkyhaving supported the club since 1970 i have seen and heard in that time many promises made by a succession of owners and seen many Up's and Down's at the club, and the facilities and Stadium still remain unacceptable, so the one thing i have learnt is not to have too high expectations with CPFC.
But you must also remember over the past SIX seasons of premiership funding the money to the club has been Hundred's of Millions, plus the contributions of the Americans along with other sources, so we are not exactly paupers. As for the high Wages paid out, they need to be kept in check if ithe club is run efficiently how can it be we have one of the highest wage bills yet spend every season keep fighting off relegation? clearly the players do not warrant the high wages and that is down to poor housekeeping by management. Would you run a business like that and expect to survive? dont think so.

CP-RJW 07-07-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Well, and playing in a better league.

xmasape 07-07-2019 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuieJack (Post 14814594)
It is not a question of being negative just honest and realistic, but you do need to take those very dark Red and Blue specs off when it comes to commenting on our facilities.
Which is what i was doing when responding to Latvian Eagle in suggesting we emulate the methods used by Atalanta, surely you have to agree we are some way behind even with the positive spin you put on it, I then went on to add what i felt was the reasons why we lagged behind.
You mention reasons why and it does not happen at "the click of your fingers" believe me Funkyhaving supported the club since 1970 i have seen and heard in that time many promises made by a succession of owners and seen many Up's and Down's at the club, and the facilities and Stadium still remain unacceptable, so the one thing i have learnt is not to have too high expectations with CPFC.
But you must also remember over the past SIX seasons of premiership funding the money to the club has been Hundred's of Millions, plus the contributions of the Americans along with other sources, so we are not exactly paupers. As for the high Wages paid out, they need to be kept in check if ithe club is run efficiently how can it be we have one of the highest wage bills yet spend every season keep fighting off relegation? clearly the players do not warrant the high wages and that is down to poor housekeeping by management. Would you run a business like that and expect to survive? dont think so.

Tl/dr

Thefunkymonk 07-07-2019 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuieJack (Post 14814594)

Of course we are somewhat behind.. miles behind.. but we had a lot a ground to make up in a very short period of time as well as getting the playing squad up to scratch.
The academy land is sorted and will be turned into good facilities.
Stand is being held up by planning issues. In terms of infrastructure progress is being made. Thatís just the facts, no tinted specs.

In terms if wages... yes I agree itís too high.. price of survival under alladyce and singing expensive players. That is changing.

Would I run a business like this.... no... but football is a different ball game.

Latvian Eagle 07-07-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14814595)
Well, and playing in a better league.

But Atalanta are playing in Europe's elite competition.

CP-RJW 07-07-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 14814646)

True, but they could easily get knocked out in the groups, and as well run as Atalanta are, they’ll definitely struggle to finish top 4 consistently when the Milan and Rome clubs are just so much bigger. Considering how young and clearly talented Castagne is, he’s probably confident at getting another crack at champions league football in a few years. I’d assume he’d see as a stepping stone, which is fine, and a reality we need to face if we’re going to sign high quality young players.

Big Blue Eagle 07-07-2019 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk (Post 14814610)
Of course we are somewhat behind.. miles behind.. but we had a lot a ground to make up in a very short period of time as well as getting the playing squad up to scratch.
The academy land is sorted and will be turned into good facilities.
Stand is being held up by planning issues. In terms of infrastructure progress is being made. Thatís just the facts, no tinted specs.

In terms if wages... yes I agree itís too high.. price of survival under alladyce and singing expensive players. That is changing.

Would I run a business like this.... no... but football is a different ball game.

Posters like LJ seem completely oblivious to the real financial situation. Well over 18 months ago the AVERAGE PL player wage was £50k pw. For 25 senior players, let alone academy players and coaching staff that equates to a minimum of over £65m pa, now probably 5-10% higher. The Sky money tree feeds one mouth only, the player wages, with the leftovers going to agents. Without the over and above revenue from sponsorship, ticket sales, corporate deals etc etc clubs of our size donít have these hundreds of millions to spend on facilities. It has to come from the owners pockets. As indeed has been stated regarding the stand which is due to come from owner investment as and when the remaining planning issues get sorted.

red&blue_moomin 07-07-2019 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRAND UNION (Post 14813650)
He looks very ordinary in that video :frown:

Looks like a fullback to me. Total opposite of AWB not a lot of recovery tackles or slides. Does not go to ground a lot not very flashy. Stays on his feet and attempts to nick it away. Positionally I think he might be a lot better. Going forward he looks decent and quite strong. Defending wise I'd say he'd be functional be interesting to see how that style of defender does with the pace and dribble merchants we have in the prem. Think he might be a young JW essentially.

I mean he does play for a team that finished 3rd in Serie A not like he's going to dogshit is it.

TAK 07-07-2019 05:00 PM

Yes but is there anything that seriously links him with us?

CP-RJW 07-07-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAK (Post 14814741)
Yes but is there anything that seriously links him with us?

Aren’t football italia pretty big?
https://app.football-italia.net/?ref...litalia-140393

Latvian Eagle 07-07-2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14814752)
Aren’t football italia pretty big?
https://app.football-italia.net/?ref...litalia-140393

Yup. And they get all their sources from the Italian papers.

Thefunkymonk 07-07-2019 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle (Post 14814723)
Posters like LJ seem completely oblivious to the real financial situation. Well over 18 months ago the AVERAGE PL player wage was £50k pw. For 25 senior players, let alone academy players and coaching staff that equates to a minimum of over £65m pa, now probably 5-10% higher. The Sky money tree feeds one mouth only, the player wages, with the leftovers going to agents. Without the over and above revenue from sponsorship, ticket sales, corporate deals etc etc clubs of our size donít have these hundreds of millions to spend on facilities. It has to come from the owners pockets. As indeed has been stated regarding the stand which is due to come from owner investment as and when the remaining planning issues get sorted.

Yep

JAS78 07-07-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 14814646)

Realistically for how long