CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Music Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Gig News and Reviews (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34736)

Del Gland 27-03-2003 03:20 PM

Gig News and Reviews

I thought it's about time we had a separate thread for this.

We can use it for any news or reviews on upcoming gigs. That way we can probably fill Brixton Academy in Red and Blue shirts when the Music next play at Brixton and pester Baloo for a beer.:p

Baloo 27-03-2003 03:33 PM

:D

I'll take the opportunity of promoting the Bluetones current tour then. I saw them at Tunbridge Wells Forum on the second date of their 50-something date tour, and they were excellent - they're only playing small venues and they're showcasing a load of new stuff, all of which sounded excellent. If they're playing near you, go and seeing them. Click here for their website and tour dates: http://www.bluetones.co.uk/#

Del Gland 27-03-2003 03:43 PM

If anyone is interested, Avril Lavigne tickets for TONIGHT are on sale at Ticketweb.

I got some for my daughter yesterday for last night. It would have been a good one for her if she had not been mugged on the way out!!

kit82 27-03-2003 05:16 PM

Going to see Eminem on the 21st June!!!

as216 27-03-2003 08:03 PM

Get ready for my Wildhearts review - first weekend in May

pubmonkey 27-03-2003 09:00 PM

I saw that Swedish bunch Sountrack of Our Lives on Friday. Cracking stuff. He can't half move for a fat bloke.

pubmonkey 27-03-2003 09:03 PM

I saw the Coral a few weeks back they were dead good, for a bunch of scousers. The "main attraction" was Supergrass, but they sucked. So I ••••ed off.

Bootleg Beatles next, innit. Then Spiritualized and then those Flaming Lips. That be April.

Coulsdon Eagle 27-03-2003 09:24 PM

Good idea for a thread, well done Del. Like me, there must be loads of people on here who don't get to hear about gigs in and around London, specially for the not so fashionable bands, most of the time the first i know about a gig is when someone says 'oh i saw so-and-so last night, too late then.
Here's my offering...

HAWKWIND
London Astoria
May 25th
Supported by Doctor and the Medics.

Thanet Eagle 27-03-2003 09:33 PM

Anyway manage to catch Feeder on their recent visit to Brixton Academy? Gutted that I had to miss the gig.

ozeagle 27-03-2003 09:47 PM

mull historical society next Thursday SBE, meeting Neil the Eagle there.
saw a cracker last Friday, Turin Brakes, got a little special last Sat of the season, Stags at home to Cobblers, then snip off up to Bridlington Spa to see The Music. El Aguila will be happy to know that we have Yo La Tengo pencilled in for May...as well as Shed 7.
this summer is going to be unmatched in stonking gig attendances.
and yes, I saw the Bluetones too, and they were enormous.

Twyford Bee 28-03-2003 12:14 PM

Hooray! A long-running thread for me to read.

The only gig I have on the cards at the moment is REM at Move Festival in July. Also thinking of Glastonbury ,since my 2 favourite bands are headlining, if anyone else I know goes.

Quote:

Originally posted by Thanet Eagle
Anyway manage to catch Feeder on their recent visit to Brixton Academy? Gutted that I had to miss the gig.
Though I try and go to gigs fairly regularly (probably been to about 15, of which about 10 of those have been in the last year or so), my younger sister seems to manage to go to even more than I do: she went to that one (4th time she's seen Feeder), she said they were really good, I can pass on any other info, if you want to know more!

Del Gland 28-03-2003 12:25 PM

I'm thinking of seeing Cave-In at the London ULU with my son. Does anyone know of any age restrictions there?

Lord_Muffin 28-03-2003 12:33 PM

I saw Coldplay at the Albert Hall on Monday night. They were amazing. I recommend people try and see them.

Public Enemy at the Forum next week and the the Coral at the Astoria the week after. I can't wait.

PENGE P 28-03-2003 12:35 PM

Off to see Mide Ure Sunday Wimbeldon Theatre

Twyford Bee 28-03-2003 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Del Gland
I'm thinking of seeing Cave-In at the London ULU with my son. Does anyone know of any age restrictions there?
Acccording to Ticketmaster, there's no general age limit but it may depend on the event.

"Gigs and tours" and "Aloud" don't seem to mention an age limit, though.

Twyford Bee 28-03-2003 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lord_Muffin
I saw Coldplay at the Albert Hall on Monday night. They were amazing. I recommend people try and see them.
I want to see them, but not so much that I want to pay £40 to do so, especially if I can't stand up. I thought about buying restricted view ticket because they were so much cheaper. I can get a whole day at V Festival and see them for only £2.50 more. Bit annoyed I didn't see them when they were playing smaller venues, they'll probably never go back to Brixton/Shepherd's Bush now. Their next UK one is at Earl's Court!

Del Gland 28-03-2003 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Twyford Bee
Acccording to Ticketmaster, there's no general age limit but it may depend on the event.

"Gigs and tours" and "Aloud" don't seem to mention an age limit, though.

Cheers!

Looking forward to The White Stripes and The Vines in April. I may go to see The Darkness on Monday at Brighton!

Anyone know who is definitely on at Reading yet, apart from Metallica?

Del Gland 07-04-2003 05:43 PM

CAVE-IN are at ULU 14th May - £10 inc booking fee.

I doubt if they will be playing small gigs for much longer after their brilliant new album has taken off.

El Aguila 07-04-2003 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ozeagle
El Aguila will be happy to know that we have Yo La Tengo pencilled in for May...
Get there early and see support act M. Ward as well, I got the album recently and it's very good.

ozeagle 07-04-2003 05:53 PM

M.Ward, review please.