CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Silks&Tekkers 14-09-2017 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.C. (Post 13845566)
Based on?

He looks nothing like tough enough to me.

2 of the best DM's in years have been Kante & Makelele and they aren't big units.

sydnsteve 14-09-2017 08:36 PM

It is odd that Luka has looked nothing like the player of last season, talking about defensive midst. I read somewhere before we bought him that his career has been very up and down. How did he play for Serbia?

CharlieCPFC 14-09-2017 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sydnsteve (Post 13845953)
It is odd that Luka has looked nothing like the player of last season, talking about defensive midst. I read somewhere before we bought him that his career has been very up and down. How did he play for Serbia?

Are you surprised when he's been playing out of position? He done alright for Serbia keeping their good form going. I'm sure Roy will get the best out of him no doubt.

thereichstuff 14-09-2017 08:55 PM

Quote:

Up I believe .

DARZET EAGLE 14-09-2017 09:42 PM

Quote:

Suitable for the Palace rollercoaster then.:p

Maiden Eagle 14-09-2017 09:50 PM

Quote:

I actually think his form dipped towards the end of last season. Pretty awful against Burnley at SP last season, when he made errors for both their goals and also very poor, in the next game at the Etihad (TBF not the only one).
Perhaps he is a confidence player ?

CaptainCharisma 14-09-2017 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle (Post 13846056)
I actually think his form dipped towards the end of last season. Pretty awful against Burnley at SP last season, when he made errors for both their goals and also very poor, in the next game at the Etihad (TBF not the only one).
Perhaps he is a confidence player ?

Quality is the key. Luka was at his best with Sakho behind him and Cabaye in front of him. Sakho ran the defence with the safety of knowing that Luka would protect them. Cabaye was free to create because he knew he had Luka behind him. Luka did his best work because he could just get on with it, knowing the other areas were covered. It's no coincidence that his weaker performances at the end of the season and start of this have coincided with the absence of those two(as well as being played out of position this season)

palacemetros 14-09-2017 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigend1 (Post 13841040)
I think this season he'll be valuable cover for Luka and our cbs

Sounds like he was bullied by frank along with Kelly, ward and Delaney

This made me laugh!

CharlieCPFC 30-09-2017 03:27 PM

Has done more in one minute of the game than what Puncheon done the 68.

Slimbloke'H' 30-09-2017 03:56 PM

Chose not to track Lukaku and allowed him a tap-in at the back post. Quality defending.

jobiinthelastmi 30-09-2017 03:57 PM

Waste of money.

Will be leaving in January.

Reg_Maudling 30-09-2017 04:58 PM

we are desperate and so some are looking to riedewald to be the premier league level of player he is not currently

Ralph 30-09-2017 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobiinthelastmi (Post 13874154)
Waste of money.

Will be leaving in January.

That's the spirit.

glaziers fan 02-10-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' (Post 13874145)
Chose not to track Lukaku and allowed him a tap-in at the back post. Quality defending.

He was playing left midfield. It shouldn't be his job to track the best centre forward in the league.

Think Jairo Riedewald has a massive part to play this season. 100% passing accuracy after he came on, and looked to be positive too. I like him. I like him a lot as a midfielder.

TouchyAndalou 02-10-2017 02:22 PM

You could see the ability he has on the ball even in his short cameo against Man Utd, however he (along with PVA) made no effort whatsoever to get back and pick up Lukaku for their 4th goal, despite clearly having the opportunity to do so. This is a problem in a team fighting against relegation, even if the game was decided at that point.

It reminded me a bit of Holloway after he left highlighting Campana for literally just not bothering to mark his defensive assignment on corners, which resulted in us conceding goals.

spt1978 02-10-2017 02:24 PM

Riedewald will be a good player, just not for us.

TouchyAndalou 02-10-2017 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glaziers fan (Post 13877865)
He was playing left midfield. It shouldn't be his job to track the best centre forward in the league.

Think Jairo Riedewald has a massive part to play this season. 100% passing accuracy after he came on, and looked to be positive too. I like him. I like him a lot as a midfielder.

Our defense was carved open at that point, of course it's the responsibility of anybody who is able to pick up a dangerous goalscorer free in the box. "Meh, not my responsibility" isn't a favourable attitude in a team fighting relegation.

Harry Holmesdale 02-10-2017 02:31 PM

He looks more than decent on the ball and always wants the ball

Still too early to say either way but aged 20 there is a lot of development still there, under a decent settled coaching structure he should progress... probably not with us though!

aj4england 02-10-2017 02:46 PM

Should probably be starting in midfield. Composed on the ball.

Bryan 02-10-2017 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 13878067)
Should probably be starting in midfield. Composed on the ball.

Agreed, him Luka and Cabaye/RLC for me.

Got to grasp any positives at the moment.

Once Wilf returns we have a team albeit very vulnerable to injuries. I just canít see why we keep buying players but cannot get to grips with providing adequate cover. Also, why the hell are all our players seemingly so vulnerable to injuries these past couple of years? Is it a new premier league tactic to try and injur opposition players?