CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gary Lineker Just Now On MoTD (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248686)

Palaceguard 18-02-2019 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14651796)
Her name is Shouty Woman.

She'd only seen one previous game apparently and Jonathan Pearce was the commentator

Nostrils 18-02-2019 03:55 PM

Like others, I've got no problem with female commentators, but that Sparks woman sounds like she's doing an early Alan Partridge impression. A loud cliche of football commentators, although I do hope one day to hear her say "That goal was covered in goal pie!" (I think my mate may have said that one actually).

foetus eagle 18-02-2019 04:23 PM

Cock Piss Pardew

Yoda 18-02-2019 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle (Post 14651792)
Just watching last night's MOTD, wanted to see the Swansea game, had to turn sound down, dreadful commentary, not sure what her name is.

There are numerous comments about her if you read back through this thread.

She’s bearable when she gives a match report, but her match commentary is ghastly isn’t it. When she’s on the radio I can’t listen to her commentary. At least when she’s on the telly I can mute the sound and just watch the pictures!

In the interest of balance and accusations of being misogynistic, I don’t mind Alex Scott and she seems to put effort into her research.

andyocpfc 18-02-2019 04:46 PM

To me it feels they have been put in their positions, whether it be Lineswoman, commentator or analyst because society have put them there because they 'should be there' rather than being better than others.

Penstone Eagle 18-02-2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 14652165)
There are numerous comments about her if you read back through this thread.

Sheís bearable when she gives a match report, but her match commentary is ghastly isnít it. When sheís on the radio I canít listen to her commentary. At least when sheís on the telly I can mute the sound and just watch the pictures!

In the interest of balance and accusations of being misogynistic, I donít mind Alex Scott and she seems to put effort into her research.

Agreed, good pundit

cockles 18-02-2019 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14651880)
Alex Scott is fine, better than most pundits (probably because she canít just ride off her playing career, so needs to put in a bit more research and effort). Vicki Sparkes though, I believe thatís the shouty womanís name, is dreadful. Deeper, stronger voices are just better for commentary.

Helps yes, but at least not screachy.

Probably the most incisive pundit I know of in sport, is not male, nor in football.

Jo Durie (Tennis, mainly for Eurosport)

moosey 18-02-2019 05:18 PM

I quite like shouty woman.
Reminds me of the (good) old days with her and Paggis Man on the radio commentary.

Matadam 18-02-2019 05:36 PM

I have no problem with women pundits or commentators as long as they know what they are doing. But it does seem at the moment more women are being thrust on our screens as interviewers. On football focus a couple of weeks ago every interview was done by a women, they all were fine but it does seem many more women are appearing on our screens because they are women.

davech 18-02-2019 05:46 PM

For me, all the women summarisers do at least as good a job as the men, better than the likes of Chris Kamara, who gets on the nerves a bit at times and Flobber Carragher who is just downright crap and has that irritating nasal scouse whine.

What grates for me are women on full commentaries. It is the constant tone and register of the voice. But that's me.

sideburns7 18-02-2019 06:45 PM

Nothing wrong with Alex scott she could read the shipping forecast,as long as I could see her
I'll get me coat

Golf Boy 18-02-2019 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matadam (Post 14652273)
I have no problem with women pundits or commentators as long as they know what they are doing. But it does seem at the moment more women are being thrust on our screens as interviewers. On football focus a couple of weeks ago every interview was done by a women, they all were fine but it does seem many more women are appearing on our screens because they are women.

Not just women. Good looking women.

johnp 18-02-2019 07:46 PM

Alex Scott is excellent. She obviously has a great knowledge about how the game is played. She does however have a habit of talking too much.

A couple of weeks back on Sky, she tried to dominate the after match round up. Graeme Souness rolled his eyes and smirked a couple of times whilst she prattled on. When he did get a chance to speak, he asked her to explain one of the "modern day terms" she used to discuss tactics which he did not understand !!

little al 18-02-2019 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milky87 (Post 14651876)
Women are a joke. That two bob wa*ker Alex Scott actually said 'lucklasture' the other day

Fit as **** though.

art malice 18-02-2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milky87 (Post 14651876)
Women are a joke. That two bob wa*ker Alex Scott actually said 'lucklasture' the other day

Yeah sheís nowhere near as articulate as Paul Merson

Jim's Cannon 18-02-2019 09:02 PM

Alex Scott talks a lot of sense. Compare her analysis to the shite that Carragher, Redknapp and Ince churn out.

Wolfnipplechips 18-02-2019 09:07 PM

What is Jamie Redknapp actually for?

Jim's Cannon 18-02-2019 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 14652590)
What is Jamie Redknapp actually for?

He's "hilarious" on A League of Their Own, the sporting version of Top Gear that Sky One keep repeating. [emoji42]

Oldtown Eagle 18-02-2019 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagles #1 (Post 14651884)
I really canít stand the fascination of having women pundits. Does my head in.

Sexist maybe, but I really struggle to concentrate when theyíre commentating or analysing a game.

Thought you the lady presenter who covered fa cup highlights last night was quite scrummy. Not sure of her name though.

Wolfnipplechips 18-02-2019 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim's Cannon (Post 14652593)
He's "hilarious" on A League of Their Own, the sporting version of Top Gear that Sky One keep repeating. [emoji42]

Agreed. Mr. Vanilla.

Always injured as an average player and now a simpering sidekick to some fat bloke and James Corden.