CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gary Lineker Just Now On MoTD (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248686)

firesign 21-09-2020 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psych (Post 15413864)
Scott Parker wtf

:D

Spiderman 21-09-2020 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle (Post 15416271)
Itís funny how they donít have any women pundits on Match of the Day. Is there still a glass ceiling that protects Mr Gary ďthinks himself funnyĒ Linekar, Wright & Mr exciting Shearer?

Alex Scott should be on, excellent pundit and doesnít try to be funny but I believe she is getting QOS

HOL_Beagle 21-09-2020 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firesign (Post 15416609)

:D

Would love to see the totally blank and dumfounded faces of the entire Fulham Dressing Room as he repeats this on Monday morning.

:supergrin:

Aki Aki Aki 21-09-2020 08:08 AM

Oh dear, that is very scary for Fulham fans

Martin H 21-09-2020 08:16 AM

In its early ex footballer days motd had it right. But it has had the same problem as sky sports has had where it has drifted from insightful knowledgeable comments from articulate ex pros into watching old mates catch up and have a giggle. A bit of that starts off as charming and you warm to them but after a while it wears a bit thin and with Wrighty, Lineker and Shearer it’s painful. Jenas has already lost his way as he has tried to build himself a broader career and has fallen into the attention grabbing group. Murphy at least tries to say it as it is with real understanding of the game as a coach might. Souness has sustained it better than most because he is so confident he is right. Neville has been very good but his bias creeps in with United but at least he tries to compensate. Carragher is useless and how he got in I have no idea.

west country boy 21-09-2020 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket (Post 15416571)
I'm afraid this is lineker's style always trying to make little gags at every opportunity. It is most wearisome. Saying that when he makes an attempt at being serious he just waves his arms around a lot and rarely comes out with anything intelligible. I guess he is the modern day presenter....comments no longer than your usual tweet

He's all about the "bantz". Thank god he's just got another massive new contract from the BBC.

Spindle 21-09-2020 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 15416257)
I know its unfashionable to admit it but I quite like MOTD, especially when we've got a result.

What was crap was they didn't show Wilfs disallowed goal! why the hell not? makes no sense, why show clips of people missing the goal but not bother when it actually goes in!? Ok it was subsequently shown to be a fraction offside but they were lucky it wasn't 1-4.

Because priority is to show that waste of money pansy Bruno "He will save us" Fernandes knock a free kick badly into the wall after showing umpteen times a Martial dive in the box that was looked at repeatedly by Moss. Yes, the wankers watching must feel that they had the better of the game and were robbed, rather than they were let off a thrashing because Wilf criminally failed to hold his run back a second.

Spindle 21-09-2020 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joe Paxton (Post 15416263)
MOTD is a legendary British institution. Maybe for people of a certain age. Needs a slight update but anyone who dislikes it must be dead inside ffs. Itís football and itís been around since around 1965!

Clough summed it up in your era. "Show the football not you lot talking"

west country boy 21-09-2020 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spindle (Post 15416650)
Because priority is to show that waste of money pansy Bruno "He will save us" Fernandes knock a free kick badly into the wall after showing umpteen times a Martial dive in the box that was looked at repeatedly by Moss. Yes, the wankers watching must feel that they had the better of the game and were robbed, rather than they were let off a thrashing because Wilf criminally failed to hold his run back a second.

tHEY HATE US!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!

davech 21-09-2020 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE (Post 15416474)
No. Jenas and Murphy were trying to do a serious piece about our midfield and all Lineker could contribute was repeated unfunny jokes about Jenas and Murphy potentially getting their names wrong. (Which they didn't do, and to their credit, they clearly weren't going along with the jokes.)

Bring back Mick Channon! He had endless ways to mispronounce Lineker's name.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 21-09-2020 09:16 AM

I still like MOTD, I would just prefer it if they showed a little bit more football but I don't mind the analysis either. I don't always agree with them but that's fine.

Spindle 27-09-2020 08:25 AM

Shearer "[Allen and Dacoure].......and that's how they won"

then

"Ridiculous, stupid, use whatever worss you want for it" [on VAR handball winner].

The bloke's a complete plank.

Psych 27-09-2020 08:57 AM

I quite like it too but thereís too many interviews of footballers and managers (letís be honest they rarely say anything interesting), the analysis is mostly stating the obvious and they donít show enough of the games.

Psych 27-09-2020 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psych (Post 15428512)
I quite like it too but thereís too many interviews of footballers and managers (letís be honest they rarely say anything interesting), the analysis is mostly stating the obvious and they donít show enough of the games.

Actually Iíve changed my mind - itís shite

hihi 27-09-2020 09:40 AM

Didn't show the Calvet-Lewin handball of course

Spindle 27-09-2020 10:00 AM

Nope.

At least they didn't wank off to "Ham-ez"

Glazier69 27-09-2020 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hihi (Post 15428560)

Or the Wilf yellow card injustice. If heíd ďgone down easilyĒ and got a yellow theyíd have been all over it!

KP'S Nuts 27-09-2020 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hihi (Post 15428560)

We dont get that many incidents and they still dont show what we do have. disallowed goal against man u wasnt shown last week and yet loads of inane waffle.

chateauferret 27-09-2020 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spindle (Post 15428586)
Nope.

At least they didn't wank off to "Ham-ez"

That'll be because with one exception we dealt with him fairly effectively.

Spindle 29-09-2020 03:42 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54328590

Crooks has "Ham-ez" in his team of the week, AGAIN. According to Crooks, Everton beat us 3-1, and "Ham-ez" provided assists for "both goals". Pretty sure that "Ham-ez" assist count for the game was "zero".

The man is a complete idiot.