CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gary Lineker Just Now On MoTD (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248686)

ChuckMcBalls 24-11-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PauLo (Post 11421900)
So, Hansen said what many, MANY people on here have been saying for most of the season and he's a prick? Yeah, fair enough, Linekers comments weren't necessary. But getting pissed off at Hansen for what we're all thinking? Come on.

It's not the comment itself necessarily for me, it's the fact that he's paid by the taxman to ANALYSE. Saying our squad is shit isn't analysis. It's a blanket, lazy statement that anyone who can read a premier league table could take a guess and say.

If he offered insight into this e.g. slow centre backs, lack of support in attack blabla, then fair enough. But he doesn't, he sits there with a face like he sucks lemons and blurts out general negative statements and offers nothing else.

AJ 24-11-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrews69 (Post 11421514)
Did it a few times to him. McShane knew what he was doing, force Chamakh off the pitch and it made his life easier from a defensive point of view.

Can't blame McShane, but a half decent ref would have noticed it and either given him a warning or shown him a yellow. It was always McShane's hand that removed the bandage.

McShane targeted Chamachk in the same way that Jedi targeted that ex-spuds player with the long last name(can't think if his name). How did that work out :p

Lombardo's hair 24-11-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

So, Hansen said what many, MANY people on here have been saying for most of the season and he's a prick? Yeah, fair enough, Linekers comments weren't necessary. But getting pissed off at Hansen for what we're all thinking? Come on.

Its not so much what he says but the sanctimonious superior all knowing tone used. This is the man who after all said utd wouldnt win anything with kids.........

Danny boy 24-11-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

If that's all you expect a pundit to say then anyone could do that as a job FFS

PauLo 24-11-2013 03:43 PM

I don't expect anything from pundits. They're pundits, they don't matter.

tony1979 24-11-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richmondcpfc (Post 11420937)
Kevin Kilbane was fair. Hansen is just so lazy - his last season of punditry and he can barely be bothered to say a sentence :S:

The guy is a bore

RobCPFC1982 24-11-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocky (Post 11421243)
I missed that Lineker comment last night, just saw it this morning. That was disgraceful.

I'm not a violent person nor do I have psychopathic tendencies but I'd like to go and buy a family bag of the worst flavoured Walkers Crisps, open the packet, do a horrible runny dump in it, seal it back closed and superglue it to baseball bat. Then walk up to him in the street and f*ck the bat and crisps across his bastard face.

Bandage that one, c*nt.

Brilliant :lux:

Billyd 24-11-2013 03:58 PM

Precious Palace fans.

greybot 24-11-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billyd (Post 11421941)
Precious Palace fans.

You are Gary Lineker and I claim my walker's blue sachet 5.

Chobham Eagle 24-11-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckMcBalls (Post 11421917)
It's not the comment itself necessarily for me, it's the fact that he's paid by the taxman to ANALYSE. Saying our squad is shit isn't analysis. It's a blanket, lazy statement that anyone who can read a premier league table could take a guess and say.

If he offered insight into this e.g. slow centre backs, lack of support in attack blabla, then fair enough. But he doesn't, he sits there with a face like he sucks lemons and blurts out general negative statements and offers nothing else.

Exactly.

Chobham Eagle 24-11-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Precious Palace fans.

We're not being precious. We're just thoroughly fed up with a couple of overpaid has-beens spouting crap at the licence payer's expense.

anti-addick 24-11-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PauLo (Post 11421922)
I don't expect anything from pundits. They're pundits, they don't matter.

But you come on here defending the c*nt.

anti-addick 24-11-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Precious Palace fans.

I like the way you separated yourself from us. Who do you support exactly?

Billyd 24-11-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chobham Eagle (Post 11421995)
We're not being precious. We're just thoroughly fed up with a couple of overpaid has-beens spouting crap at the licence payer's expense.

Dont watch it then? Every week a different thread slagging off MOTD.

If its that bad I wonder why people are still watching it.

Nth Kent Eagle 24-11-2013 05:07 PM

The comments from Hansen and Linekar are just lazy. Tell us what you think should be done and how if you want to earn your 7 figure salaries. Any dingbat can criticise but people earning good money should be able to make reasoned suggestions rather than moronic criticisms or simplistic bullet point solutions.

Nth Kent Eagle 24-11-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Precious Palace fans.

Good job we have wise fans to put us in our place then.

Billyd 24-11-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle (Post 11422060)
Good job we have wise fans to put us in our place then.

Alan Hansen knows **** all? Who knew.

We dont need a thread reminding us every week about a programme every seems to hate but keeps watching...

New LP 24-11-2013 05:13 PM

I like Gary Lineker, it's no big deal.

Billyd 24-11-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anti-addick (Post 11422042)
I like the way you separated yourself from us. Who do you support exactly?

I suppose you went to Hull yesterday? Going to Norwich next week?

Or does slagging off MOTD make you a Palace fan now?

Chobham Eagle 24-11-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billyd (Post 11422053)
Dont watch it then? Every week a different thread slagging off MOTD.

If its that bad I wonder why people are still watching it.

Because when I got home from Hull last night I wanted to watch the highlights on TV. Ok?