CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Music Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Crystal Palace guitars (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=254722)

Stellavista 12-11-2020 09:28 AM

Played football with Billy a few times. Really nice guy.

Pidster 23-11-2020 11:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
GAK have really embraced the spirit of Black Friday, by slashing a whopping £10 off this.

Skintagain 24-11-2020 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidster (Post 15510341)
GAK have really embraced the spirit of Black Friday, by slashing a whopping £10 off this.

Lol

Stellavista 26-11-2020 03:17 PM

Multi-effects unit has died. Any recommendations? Just for home use, user friendly, cheapish. Mains power.

Worksop Palace 02-12-2020 06:35 PM

Quite an emotional moment today.

My mum rang me. ‘We’ve been clearing out the loft and we’ve found a guitar which must be yours’

An hour later I was reunited with my very first guitar I was given for Xmas 38 years ago. I thought it had been stolen from my garage years and years ago. A hollow body Westone Rainbow. Needs some love and attention but brought back so many memories.

Skintagain 04-12-2020 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15515002)
Multi-effects unit has died. Any recommendations? Just for home use, user friendly, cheapish. Mains power.

What did you get?

Stellavista 04-12-2020 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skintagain (Post 15525492)
What did you get?

I haven't yet. You useless bastards haven't come up with any suggestions. Leaning towards a Vox.

Tomo 04-12-2020 03:37 PM

Worksop, I meant to post this a couple of weeks back when you first got the guitar and forgot.

If you have a bit more money available, this guitar pedal is an absolute treat: https://www.gak.co.uk/en/digitech-tr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

You can string together a few chords and it will create a drum rhythm and bass line for you to then play along with.

It's a really clever tool and certainly made me a better player, and more fun when messing around with my own riffs etc, because it felt like they actually became something.

Worksop Palace 04-12-2020 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 15525874)
Worksop, I meant to post this a couple of weeks back when you first got the guitar and forgot.

If you have a bit more money available, this guitar pedal is an absolute treat: https://www.gak.co.uk/en/digitech-tr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds in

You can string together a few chords and it will create a drum rhythm and bass line for you to then play along with.

It's a really clever tool and certainly made me a better player, and more fun when messing around with my own riffs etc, because it felt like they actually became something.

Looks great Tomo, thanks for that.

Xmas present me thinks

AJ 04-12-2020 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15495121)
Oh ffs......

:rolleyes:

I am not sure why you are FFSing about :) I have a number of guitars and I would love a Gretch which is why I have tried out a number of them and as of yet I haven't bought one as all I can justify to my wife would be the cheaper, budget versions and I have not been impressed. That doesn't mean their other non-budget guitars are not any good as I haven't played any of those, this is true of ALL guitar makers.

Worksop Palace 04-12-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ (Post 15525912)
I am not sure why you are FFSing about :) I have a number of guitars and I would love a Gretch which is why I have tried out a number of them and as of yet I haven't bought one as all I can justify to my wife would be the cheaper, budget versions and I have not been impressed. That doesn't mean their other non-budget guitars are not any good as I haven't played any of those, this is true of ALL guitar makers.

:supergrin:

It was simply because I had pretty much made my mind up and was hoping no one would post anything that would make me doubt my decision.

Anyway, I bought it and am delighted with it. Iím even beginning to make it sound like a guitar.....

Tomo 04-12-2020 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15525898)

Xmas present me thinks

You can use it to even record songs and use a loop pedal, so could lay down chords and then put a riff over the top. It doesnít take too long to work it out but a very cool toy for a bedroom guitarist.

Smoz 04-12-2020 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 15525874)

If you have a bit more money available, this guitar pedal is an absolute treat: https://www.gak.co.uk/en/digitech-tr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Looks interesting Tom, what do you play it through? I have a very small practise amp that I use (Blackstar Fly 3) which is fine for my needs, any idea if it would work okay with something like that?

hughff 05-12-2020 12:26 AM

I've got a trio. Basically it works through any amp though, obviously, a bigger speaker gives better bass.

Another Oxted Eagle 05-12-2020 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15525898)

Xmas present me thinks

There is a used one on the Fretboard Forum for £135 which doesnít seem a bad price

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discu...elivery#latest

Tomo 05-12-2020 07:46 AM

I’ve even used mine through a tiny battery run amp that you plug directly into the guitar and have use headphones for, so pretty much anything.

I’m sure better guitarists may think differently, but I think as any amateur guitarist who plays alone, it’s the best tool you can get.

You can change the tempo and different styles as a backing track (maybe 12 different options), so if you learn a song you can usually find something that will go behind it well enough to make it sound like you know what you’re doing!

Smoz 05-12-2020 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 15526379)
Iím sure better guitarists may think differently, but I think as any amateur guitarist who plays alone, itís the best tool you can get.

Sounds like just the thing for me, very much an amateur who plays solo, just ordered one.

Tomo 05-12-2020 11:58 PM

I’ll be keen to know how you get on with it:

I should be getting a new mini amp for Christmas, so keen to play some more with it.

What I loved is that it can be as simple of technical as you want it to be.

Pidster 07-12-2020 12:51 PM

I asked my missus to add to my letter to Santa. I have been very good this year, so I am pretty confident it will be mine on the 25th.

Tomo 07-12-2020 06:00 PM

I should have put a referral link!!