CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

jaspercpfc 26-08-2017 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle (Post 13803025)
Usually everything.

this

Chris Finch 28-08-2017 04:58 AM

So do we think he's actually injured or has been dropped?

SmokeyStover7 28-08-2017 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Finch (Post 13807177)
So do we think he's actually injured or has been dropped?

Injured.

Mad Raschic Ken 28-08-2017 08:41 AM

Jairo Riedewald

If there is any truth in the FDB rumours, where would that leave Jairo Riedewald? After a poor debut, could he go the same way as Marange a few years ago?

Martin H 28-08-2017 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken (Post 13807510)
If there is any truth in the FDB rumours, where would that leave Jairo Riedewald? After a poor debut, could he go the same way as Marange a few years ago?

So Managers get 3 games but players are discounted after just the one.

:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

Sorry couldn't resist

chelmsfordeagle 28-08-2017 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken (Post 13807510)

Highly unlikely.

Mad Raschic Ken 28-08-2017 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13807517)
So Managers get 3 games but players are discounted after just the one.

:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

Sorry couldn't resist

Ha - not discounting him! I just think he'd be in a weak position after a change of regime. Picking up an injury won't have helped either, but he must be down the pecking order in a back four if we're not looking to build up from the back.

cpfcben 28-08-2017 08:49 AM

Looked awful in the first game. Everyone has an off day my concern is whether he has the physical capabilities to cope with this league.

st albans 28-08-2017 08:50 AM

I've said this since day one, if we drop the 3-4-3 he doesn't make the team. If FDB leaves we'll have spent £8m on a sub. He doesn't have a place in a 4-2-3-1

CharlieCPFC 28-08-2017 08:56 AM

If we opt with a 433 he may well be a dark horse for that CDM role. Good competition and cover for Luka and at this moment in time while he's still developing physically that role might suit him best. He's intelligent with his movement, a good passer of the ball and obviously has good defensive characteristics in terms of reading the game. It's just physically he's lacking and he will do being 20 years of age, this is the one league on the planet where that will get exposed immensely. How many regular center halves at this level are anything younger than 22 years of age?

Mad Raschic Ken 28-08-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st albans (Post 13807546)
I've said this since day one, if we drop the 3-4-3 he doesn't make the team. If FDB leaves we'll have spent £8m on a sub. He doesn't have a place in a 4-2-3-1

Which is what got be wondering whether he could end up being sold this week if there's a change of manager. Presumably we could pretty much get our money back from someone. It would be a shame though, because he's probably got a bright future.

Obviously I hope he just had a poor debut and he's impressing in training enough to be eased into Premier League football. Maybe he could be an understudy for Luka for the time being.

BuktaBoy 28-08-2017 09:29 AM

I wouldn't give up on Jairo yet. The guy is only 20 and played in a Europa Cup final three months ago.

The poor kid has come into a complete shambles of a set-up.

I still think long term he's a DM, I don't think he's a defender for me - Doesn't strike me as a guy who's gonna take a back line by the scruff of the neck..

Martin H 28-08-2017 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken (Post 13807531)
Ha - not discounting him! I just think he'd be in a weak position after a change of regime. Picking up an injury won't have helped either, but he must be down the pecking order in a back four if we're not looking to build up from the back.

Sounds like he is excellent at LB or DM as well as CB. I had thought that we might well see him at DM anyway. Suspect that it is a good spot to start for him and Luka isn't at his best so far.

Palace Bear 28-08-2017 09:39 AM

He's more likely to up as a Mandanda than a Marange I would think. Especially as FDB was no doubt a big influence on his decision to come here. If I was him and Frank goes after a few games I'd be furious at my decision to come to Palace.

Nigelbrag 28-08-2017 10:21 AM

The boy is a promising player, but in my opinion was rushed into the team far too quickly, other than work on the training pitch he needed 3 or 4 games coming off the bench to ease him into the setup and then assess his ability to step up. For me the same should have applied to the more capable Fosu-Mensah as it takes all the initial pressure off young players after joining however talented, as for Loftus-Cheek he was capable of stepping up immediately which was clear to see.
The problem we faced is we did not have an option but to throw these players in at the deep end due to our lack of alternatives, and we all know why that is.

jaspercpfc 28-08-2017 10:26 AM

he'll turn out to be 2017's equivalent of Valérien Ismaël and then surprise us all by end up playing for Bayern Munich.

November85 28-08-2017 10:30 AM

If he'd come through our academy, we'd be sending him out on loan to League 1 about now.

stamford triumph 28-08-2017 10:32 AM

I really can't believe people are writing him off after one game. Yes he was at fault for the second goal but the whole back line was all over the place. As for messing about with the ball at the back, don't forget he has come from a team who are all comfortable on the ball, play possession football and play it out from the back. He was probably as surprised as anyone that his teammates seemed incapable of doing any of this. In the first 10 minutes of the game he looked composed and comfortable on the ball and played some great passes into the forwards.

I think he will come good given time although some supporters on here seem to think that unless you give a perfect performance each time you are usesless.

glenn.f 28-08-2017 10:33 AM

So many short memories. Dann struggled in his first month as well as countless others over the years that have gone on to do well for us. He obviously has a bit of pedigree but why not write him off after that one debacle of a match where he was hardly solely responsible. Probably the same supporters who were waxing lyrical about him in the Asian Cup game destroying him now.

spt1978 28-08-2017 10:35 AM

Kid is probably wondering what the hell is going on.