CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Reports of in-fighting between rival sets of Palace fans (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=285210)

in-exile 21-11-2021 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16113492)
Yes there seems to be a contingent of absolute wankers in our away support.

Whilst we’re having this group therapy session, can I request that we retire the “can you hear the x team sing, nooo…” and “oh South London, is wonderful…” songs.

They’re ******* shit.

Two songs that need to be dropped..... old dated and shit.

Little Fozzie 21-11-2021 10:25 AM

Who/what is the addo?

Joe.L 21-11-2021 10:27 AM

As just said by another poster, definitely something in the air yesterday as there were a number of incidents in the ground before the game, at half time, on the train to Preston and at Euston. Pretty sure they weren't all connected either which makes it even more strange.

Zohar's Penalty 21-11-2021 10:28 AM

Hard to picture this as I’ve been to my fare share of away days and never once seen anything like this happen.

Talk on twitter of ongoing feud between two groups? All sounds very childish. Surely this is not the case?

How old were these fans? There were some quite boisterous coked up 18 year olds at Arsenal sat just along from me, but they seemed pretty scrawny and harmless.

FMH57 21-11-2021 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 16113472)
seems like a typical minor incident that the BBS will blow out of all proportion.

Not Just BBS. On Twitter, one prominent Palace social media guy talking about possible sanctions like "points deductions" if it continues .:jerkit:

Wolfnipplechips 21-11-2021 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 16113652)
this.. talk of Millwall and coke...
Sometimes things happen let's not get too carried away..

Your post was more accurate before your edit.

Joe85 21-11-2021 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 16113673)
Who/what is the addo?

Rivals to the T-Birds.

Mr Bo Jangles 21-11-2021 11:52 AM

Witnessed a few unsavoury incidents involving our ‘fans’ in past few years. Personally threatened twice because I dared to want to sit in my allocated seat. Very sad to hear about yesterday.

redandblue 21-11-2021 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bo Jangles (Post 16113741)
Witnessed a few unsavoury incidents involving our ‘fans’ in past few years. Personally threatened twice because I dared to want to sit in my allocated seat. Very sad to hear about yesterday.

The two ladies I travel with had this from two HF (or probably HF hanger ons) away at Swansea a few years ago they backed down when I got involved but were only kids.

Penstone Eagle 21-11-2021 11:59 AM

Next we'll have posters on the bbs being abusive to other posters for daring to have different views, could happen.........

CP-RJW 21-11-2021 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bo Jangles (Post 16113741)

I’ve never had to fight or get into a big argument about it, but I’ve always hated when people will just try barge in wherever they want on away days. The option to pick your seat exists for a reason, chances are that I’ve put thought into where I would have a good view.

I’m young and can stand up for myself, of course it’s ten times worse if it’s say an elderly person, a child, or a woman who can be intimidated.

Oli28 21-11-2021 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle (Post 16113747)
Next we'll have posters on the bbs being abusive to other posters for daring to have different views, could happen.........

Not really the same is it

Joe85 21-11-2021 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redandblue (Post 16113743)
The two ladies I travel with had this from two HF (or probably HF hanger ons) away at Swansea a few years ago they backed down when I got involved but were only kids.

They’re banking on people being too intimidated to ask them to move. Glad you sent them packing.

Mr Bo Jangles 21-11-2021 12:12 PM

One was the HF at Brighton. Just didn’t want to get into confrontation with them. Fortunately they left a large trance of seats at the back with a better view so went there.

jmemour 21-11-2021 12:15 PM

Was embarrassing to see yesterday. I was right next to the fighting on the Burnley to Preston train and I couldn’t even work out why the fight was happening. It seemed to be previous but everyone had waited half an hour for that train, it would’ve been easy for the two sets of people to just avoid each other, someone somewhere was looking for it.

Also the amount of cocaine done at football is a joke. It’s not even hidden any more, I can’t even understand why you need it, is Palace not exciting enough as it is without needing to be charged up out of your head?

This needs to be nipped in the bud. Found it really sad to see it yesterday, I never ever had Palace down as that kind of club. We’re a family club. Open, welcoming and passionate. We are not Millwall.

Joe85 21-11-2021 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bo Jangles (Post 16113769)
One was the HF at Brighton. Just didn’t want to get into confrontation with them. Fortunately they left a large trance of seats at the back with a better view so went there.

Unfortunately the club have encouraged this behaviour by giving them an elevated status amongst supporters.

stamford triumph 21-11-2021 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redandblue (Post 16113743)

This has happened ever since all seater stadia were introduced - happened to us loads of times over the years - wouldn't have anyway of knowing whether any of them were HF - many of them wouldn't even have been born in the 1990s anyway

les aigles 21-11-2021 12:18 PM

I thought it was a very strange mood yesterday and the folk involved in the pre match concourse scuffle were faces I'd certainly never seen at away days before. Having seen their general vibe I would assume they weren't too far away from the Euston incidents as well

redandblue 21-11-2021 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oli28 (Post 16113750)
Not really the same is it

Nope I am sure most of these posters would act very differently in the real world !

Worksop Palace 21-11-2021 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmemour (Post 16113772)
Also the amount of cocaine done at football is a joke. It’s not even hidden any more, I can’t even understand why you need it, is Palace not exciting enough as it is without needing to be charged up out of your head?.

Probs a habit that started a couple of seasons ago :D