CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   27 people confirmed to have died after boat sinks in the channel (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=285230)

brighton_eagle 25-11-2021 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 16119202)
Asylum rejected, immigrant quotas in the countries they are in would be my first guess.

Really, that would be your first guess?

My first guess would be the conditions, safety and language.

For example, Lebanon's refugees population is estimated to be 19.5 per cent of the total population, and includes at least 1.5 million Syrian refugees, and estimated 83% of who are living below the extreme poverty line. You can totally understand someone wanting a better chance than that.

Golf Boy 25-11-2021 01:21 PM

Well if language plays a role, forget Denmark. Danish is impossible.

Maz 25-11-2021 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 16119210)
Well if language plays a role, forget Denmark. Danish is impossible.

They deliberately made it difficult to discourage immigrants.

Hpalace 25-11-2021 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 16119208)
:)

Jinx!

Adlerhorst 25-11-2021 01:23 PM

Quote:

Asylum rejected, immigrant quotas in the countries they are in would be my first guess.

Have you been to France? If I were an asylum seeker and When I got to France I saw how France had developed an immigrant underclass, I’d carry on walking too.

Golf Boy 25-11-2021 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 16119214)
Have you been to France? If I were an asylum seeker and When I got to France I saw how France had developed an immigrant underclass, I’d carry on walking too.

So the UK is a better place to come as an immigrant?

brighton_eagle 25-11-2021 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogilvy (Post 16119205)
How even when we were in the EU is the pull of this country so much more than the countries they have travelled through

For the vast majority It's not.

mushroom 25-11-2021 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fen Eagle (Post 16119182)
I could probably if I searched find filthy right wing sites that argue against any reporting quoted on here. My posts are based on facts.

They’ll be in ya bookmarks.

Hpalace 25-11-2021 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 16119215)

It has an international reputation for being so. Whether or not that reputation is justifiable or still the case is debatable.

Adlerhorst 25-11-2021 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 16119215)

For all the issues we have with integration, take those and put them on steroids and that’s France. Plus we have a more flexible labour market and everyone speaks English.

If those things are important to the person, then in a word, yes.

Wolfnipplechips 25-11-2021 01:32 PM

3% of Migrants attempt to settle in the UK.

greybot 25-11-2021 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fen Eagle (Post 16119168)
The argument that they can do the jobs lazy white Anglo Saxons won’t do is bollocks. Just because your a potato picker doesn’t mean you want your children to be. Every child entering or born here is direct competition for your children and grandchildren. For every one of them that pay fairly there taxes and National insurance will that cover there mother / mother in law’s doctor cost or hospital cost ? Will it pay for there children's state education ? Racist no not in anyway realist yes.

you're* Their*

It's more sad that state education has failed you and I'm not just talking about your poor spelling and punctuation sadly :(

Les Butler 25-11-2021 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 16119198)

It's also shameful that those who do make it here are treated disgustingly by the home office, and the fascist in charge of it that you helped put there.

I walked through Croydon 4 weeks ago, walked through the walkway to the Whitgift Centre and saw 4 or 5 people sleeping rough in the subway coming up to Lansdown rd, I feel ashamed if I see it in Canada, downtown Montreal or my home town of Croydon.

I sat outside having a beer at the Bedford next door to the home office, the ques were unbelievable. The people were looking at us, and I could only imagine what they were thinking. Sometimes I think CR is right where we need to change how we do things with regard to our fellow human beings seeking a better life just wanting the privileges we enjoy and take so much for granted through an accident of birth.

As for the racist accusations on here,nah, when you turn the debate into name-calling, you have just stopped the debate and made sure no one is going to think after you may have a point.

weltklasse 25-11-2021 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 16119146)
Is this different to migrants transiting through another country and dying of starvation and exposure on the borders of Belarus and Poland?

I have no issue with the UK accepting an number of people who are fleeing countries where their lives and freedoms are in danger, but how many of those trying to cross the channel are in that category?

Yes it is because neither france nor the UK has offered and facilitated inbound flights full off asylum seekers (unlike the leader of Belarus)

weltklasse 25-11-2021 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braders (Post 16119154)
Agreed. That won't stop people using this politically to blame Tory voters (I am not one) and that it is on them that these poor ****ers are dying.

No one really cares about these people, including those meaninglessly posting RIP.

Oh look at the morally superior one FFS. How do you know that those who posted RIP were being meaningless and don't care?

Spiderman 25-11-2021 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16119125)
Or we could be really grown up and welcoming and have one in …. The U.K.

I think I’m correct in saying that France already accepts more than four times as many asylum seekers as we do.

How is that fair? Is this your post Brexit vision for global Britain? Are we pulling our weight? I’m not surprised the French think we’re taking the piss.

How is it their responsibility to police every km of their vast coastline to ensure that nobody gets in a boat over to the U.K. who have explicitly told the rest of Europe that we want to be responsible for our own borders?

The problem with your first paragraph is, if, they are deemed not genuine, what happens to them. Also most, if not all, have no form of identification and it is therefore all but impossible to determine their true identity

weltklasse 25-11-2021 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fen Eagle (Post 16119168)
The argument that they can do the jobs lazy white Anglo Saxons won’t do is bollocks. Just because your a potato picker doesn’t mean you want your children to be. Every child entering or born here is direct competition for your children and grandchildren. For every one of them that pay fairly there taxes and National insurance will that cover there mother / mother in law’s doctor cost or hospital cost ? Will it pay for there children's state education ? Racist no not in anyway realist yes.

You may call it being a realist most reasonable people will not.

weltklasse 25-11-2021 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 16119195)
What would make a refugee continue from the first country, and then another and so on?

Family links is one that springs to mind.

0.bj 25-11-2021 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman (Post 16119253)
The problem with your first paragraph is, if, they are deemed not genuine, what happens to them. Also most, if not all, have no form of identification and it is therefore all but impossible to determine their true identity

We’re much more likely to find out true identities if we process closer to the places we have bombed, before they’ve handed all their documents to the smugglers/slave traders (assuming their documents survived our high explosives).

We can’t moan about the very effect we voted for. We!=me, I didn’t vote to treat humans like vermin.

weltklasse 25-11-2021 02:05 PM

Quote:

nah