CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Questions to CPFC2010 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Questions to CPFC2010 ? (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=254808)

L'kooch 27-08-2014 06:45 PM

Will you get a new dof.

PauLo 27-08-2014 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pistol Knight (Post 11938488)
will be mainly spend talking about the best fans in the country and saying ey by gum

Are you related to Jono14?

rpad27 27-08-2014 06:46 PM

Hi Steve, well done on appointing Neil, I'm feeling strangely optimistic about this!

It really is brilliant to know the club is being run by people who genuinely have Palace's best interests at heart. After all the nervous breakdowns I've suffered as a Palace fan, this is the first time I have that strange feeling that everything is going to be ok.

Oh, and as this is a questions thread, which wine do you suggest I buy to celebrate us staying up this season?

Cheers and best of luck.

burgess hill 84 27-08-2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpad27 (Post 11938509)
Hi Steve, well done on appointing Neil, I'm feeling strangely optimistic about this!

It really is brilliant to know the club is being run by people who genuinely have Palace's best interests at heart. After all the nervous breakdowns I've suffered as a Palace fan, this is the first time I have that strange feeling that everything is going to be ok.

Oh, and as this is a questions thread, which wine do you suggest I buy to celebrate us staying up this season?

Cheers and best of luck.

What the **** are you on?
And where can I get some?

Ian 27-08-2014 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle (Post 11938500)
Seriously, why does it matter? Does it affect the decisions taken by the club/board? Does it affect us? We hear the news from BBC and Sky a short while before the club announce it anyway. I really don't understand why people cared so much that Neteller got to 'confirm' it minuted before the club did....

Just watch the bookies odds. They told us that Pulis was leaving several hours before he went into his last meeting with SP. Beats any official announcement every time.

eagles2008 27-08-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 11938407)
The Moderators (and Steve B) have been discussing a change to the format of the Questions forum and this may be a good place to raise the matter for comments and suggestions.

Concerns have been raised about too many questions in the forum drifting off topic, or into general banter. Often the discussions widens into interesting areas which ought to be in the more widely visited GPD.

One suggestion is that when the forum reopens we ask CPFC2010 to be more ruthless in only approving sensible questions which follow the guidelines (so, for example, questions about players' contracts would be unapproved and would not appear - and nor would threads with mere pleasantries, sycophantic congratulations, abuse and/or idle chatter).

Once a question has been opened and a discussion follows, it will be moved/duplicated by one of the Moderators to GPD, where it can develop or sink with the other GPD threads. Of course CPFC2010 could still contribute to such threads, but away from the Questions forum. The original question and answer will remain duplicated in the Questions forum, but closed for further discussion there.

Another suggestion is that we abandon the Questions forum completely, and just ask Steve to pop in to GPD occasionally (as he is doing now) to address questions.

I'm a fan of this and one of the reasons I started posting on here is it's entertaining looking at the questions and answers.

Could an FAQ section somewhere on the page be set up to stop similar questions.

Perhaps we could answer some of the questions to help out. One of the classic questions is what time does the club shop open and close?

Or what time do the bars open on a matchday?

croydonexile 27-08-2014 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle (Post 11938500)
Seriously, why does it matter? Does it affect the decisions taken by the club/board? Does it affect us? We hear the news from BBC and Sky a short while before the club announce it anyway. I really don't understand why people cared so much that Neteller got to 'confirm' it minuted before the club did....

rightly or wrongly I want to hear from the club for "official announcements" rather than a corporate partner as I feel it cheapens it a little. Maybe I'm just old fashioned

burgess hill 84 27-08-2014 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 11938490)
He is on from 7 untill 10?

Or he is on between 7 and 10?

He does the breakfast show with Alan brazil once or twice a week, and ginger bollocks said at least 5 times, he will back on tomorrow from 7 till 10 with Alan.
Im sorry to all the arse lickers on here, but is that not a fair question to ask?

JAS78 27-08-2014 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 (Post 11938520)

He's on a beach in Costa Rica, sun and sea always lightens your mood.

the drexciyan 27-08-2014 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC2010 (Post 11938203)
Not just their keyboards.

:lux: cpfc2010 on top form smoting down the naysayers tonight.

eastend eagle 27-08-2014 06:58 PM

Here's the thing, this board grew up quite organically as a part of the fan community. I'm aware that certain individuals have put in extraordinary time and even money to make it happen, but I'm sure that most contributors here feel a sense of membership and even 'ownership' of this community.

It's absolutely great having the owners post here, particularly Steve B., who is clearly an avid BBS'er just like the rest of us - long may that continue!

But - it's really annoying, and disenfranchising when the boards start to feel excessively modded and regulated.

I appreciate that there is a balance to be had between the owners sharing their time with us, and them being protected from abuse, inappropriate questions, etc. But I feel that, to a certain extent, the unique nature of this resource (fairly open, largely self-regulated, non-hierarchical, etc.) is the most important thing that needs to be preserved.

It's fine for Steve and the others to have set limits on what they will discuss (in fact, I'm sure it's imperative), but they have made the conscious decision to post here, so I feel as though they need to operate within the boards established apparatus as much as possible, and not turn a corner of it into a fiefdom.

I'm comfortable with things the way they are - and once again I want to underline how much I appreciate the owners contributions to this board - but, there have been times when the modding has felt slightly heavy-handed and unaccountable, and I would hate for us to head back in that direction.

mpfn 27-08-2014 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 (Post 11938543)
He does the breakfast show with Alan brazil once or twice a week, and ginger bollocks said at least 5 times, he will back on tomorrow from 7 till 10 with Alan.
Im sorry to all the arse lickers on here, but is that not a fair question to ask?

Maybe he was due to go on tomorrow, but things changed after the show ?

Windsor_Eagle 27-08-2014 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by croydonexile (Post 11938542)
rightly or wrongly I want to hear from the club for "official announcements" rather than a corporate partner as I feel it cheapens it a little. Maybe I'm just old fashioned

Fair enough I suppose, but I find it an irrelevance really. Each to their own I suppose.

rpad27 27-08-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 (Post 11938520)

It's called Gayle fever :love:

Elephant with mouse gyp 27-08-2014 07:03 PM

Agreed e e. All this messing about seems like a solution seeking a problem. If it ain't broke...

Jono14 27-08-2014 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PauLo (Post 11938502)

**** :p

917L 27-08-2014 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian (Post 11938530)
Just watch the bookies odds. They told us that Pulis was leaving several hours before he went into his last meeting with SP. Beats any official announcement every time.

They also told us Malky Mackay was being appointed

the drexciyan 27-08-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mexicaneagle (Post 11938484)
I like this option, combined with an encouragement to give the question a category, so that questions and answers go naturally together. I don't ask much but am only really interested in the legit questions and the direct answers from CPFC2010. I fully agree that discussion leading from those answers should be moved to a new thread in GPD.

Giving the questions a prefix like in transfer hotline is a decent suggestion. Likewise a way to filtering out some of the sidetracks and pointless / repetitive questions.

supereagle01 27-08-2014 07:12 PM

Well done cpfc2010 warnock was a brilliant choice and you deserve credit. Thank you as always
:):):):):):):):):):):):)

CPFC2010 27-08-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpad27 (Post 11938509)

Cheers and best of luck.

I'd recommend a solid, deep flavoured red such as a Malbec.

This one is pretty good I believe :-

http://www.thewinesociety.com/shop/p...n=pd&pd=AR2891

lombardo7 27-08-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC2010 (Post 11938637)

Interesting choice, have you got it in yet?

Canterbury Ted 27-08-2014 07:24 PM

a big thank you from Canterbury

Steve et al - a big thank you for the board's hard work. As always, we are safe in your hands and i hope you remain owners for years to come. look forward to cheering loudly at the next home game

ciao

Spoons 27-08-2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

And the Bishop Shiraz, 2012 for the bashers?

Dingle 27-08-2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Looks nice but I feel it's just too good for me.

Pistol Knight 27-08-2014 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PauLo (Post 11938502)

[IMG]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...psb31c0871.mp4[/IMG]

danpalace07 27-08-2014 07:30 PM

Did Wilf let you have a go in his Lambo again, Steve?

James 27-08-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dingle (Post 11938729)

:D

Gooders 27-08-2014 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dingle (Post 11938729)

:lux:

burgess hill 84 27-08-2014 08:31 PM

The day the club has gone backwards, and all people want to know is about what wine to have with there dinner.

palacenurse 27-08-2014 08:49 PM

Question about seats.
I sit in the Whitehorse F74/73, has the level of the pitch been raised? I can see 'diddly squat' now, the horizontal of the goal post completely obscures my view and I have to crouch down or stand up (not allowed). I have emailed the box office as ours seats are now a restricted view. My seat neighbour in F72 also can't see.

danpalace07 27-08-2014 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 (Post 11938987)
The day the club has gone backwards, and all people want to know is about what wine to have with there dinner.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m...Htc1qegtup.gif

DARZET EAGLE 27-08-2014 08:54 PM

Quote:

Your opinion based on gut feeling not fact.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 27-08-2014 08:56 PM

Quote:

strolling bones 27-08-2014 08:59 PM

Quote:

The Moderators (and Steve B) have been discussing a change to the format of the Questions forum and this may be a good place to raise the matter for comments and suggestions.

Concerns have been raised about too many questions in the forum drifting off topic, or into general banter. Often the discussions widens into interesting areas which ought to be in the more widely visited GPD.

One suggestion is that when the forum reopens we ask CPFC2010 to be more ruthless in only approving sensible questions which follow the guidelines (so, for example, questions about players' contracts would be unapproved and would not appear - and nor would threads with mere pleasantries, sycophantic congratulations, abuse and/or idle chatter).

Once a question has been opened and a discussion follows, it will be moved/duplicated by one of the Moderators to GPD, where it can develop or sink with the other GPD threads. Of course CPFC2010 could still contribute to such threads, but away from the Questions forum. The original question and answer will remain duplicated in the Questions forum, but closed for further discussion there.

Another suggestion is that we abandon the Questions forum completely, and just ask Steve to pop in to GPD occasionally (as he is doing now) to address questions.

Popping into gpd periodically sounds a good idea , as does filtering out the sycophantic element.. Its quite embarrasing ..nay cringe forming to read at times so no doubt its not a chore to relish for steve browett either .

L'kooch 27-08-2014 08:59 PM

Quote:

http://www.photo-dictionary.com/phot...3/3963bell.jpg

Popester 27-08-2014 09:02 PM

I'm a tad disappointed he suggested something so heavy. I'd have gone for a Pinot noir and then a few ales down the local!

Great to have SB back. Mixed feelings about Neil (footie good, other stuff not) but I really hope that the process followed shows this was the right decision.

Ali77 27-08-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Zaha is coming home. Were in the premiership. Not sure about you but I'm moving forwards with the rest of the true Palace fans…..going down are we f@@@, Buckley didn't come but we'll win the cup.

Ollie Ox 27-08-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC2010 (Post 11938415)
Well they do have a phone at the training ground and I assume he'll do the interview before the players arrive for training.

Phones at the training ground?!?! Things are on the up. We'll have hot water next!

Andycol 27-08-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Don't change it too much. One of the best things about the BBS. Maybe a 20 post max before its moved.

EnglandEagle 27-08-2014 09:15 PM

Steve, I'll always be grateful for what you and the rest of the board have done. I'm sure you all believe in the decision that you have made and it is your place to do so. Unfortunately I've suffered this man as manager of our beloved team before and I find the thought of his return truly depressing. You've always appeared to do the right thing by the fans and I hope that you will continue to do so by offering a full refund to those who now feel that their season tickets have been mis-sold to them.

Adlerhorst 27-08-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

perhaps CPFC2010 could reject questions they don't like with this

Nth Kent Eagle 27-08-2014 09:20 PM

Quote:

We might as well make use of the board's expertise. We can drink wine now but I can't enjoy Palace live until Saturday

Barbara4003 27-08-2014 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pistol Knight (Post 11938488)
will be mainly spend talking about the best fans in the country and saying ey by gum

Crikey. You really are a grumps today.

You need an early night, I think.

firstgame63cpfc 27-08-2014 09:25 PM

Cheer up all, Burton are beating QPR 1 0

Barbara4003 27-08-2014 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnglandEagle (Post 11939154)
Steve, I'll always be grateful for what you and the rest of the board have done. I'm sure you all believe in the decision that you have made and it is your place to do so. Unfortunately I've suffered this man as manager of our beloved team before and I find the thought of his return truly depressing. You've always appeared to do the right thing by the fans and I hope that you will continue to do so by offering a full refund to those who now feel that their season tickets have been mis-sold to them.

Just out of interest, how did you suffer this man as a manager before? How exactly did you 'suffer'?

I'm genuinely interested.

croydonexile 27-08-2014 09:32 PM

Not just for steve but has Gerry Francis left now or is he sticking around for a while?

swhib 27-08-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Hey you're a great Palace fan, well done.

Dorking .Eagle 27-08-2014 09:32 PM

On the upside, he likes to spend pre-season in Devon and Cornwall. As do I, so I'm in.

spt1978 27-08-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle (Post 11939171)
We might as well make use of the board's expertise. We can drink wine now but I can't enjoy Palace live until Saturday

Wine or beer is essential when supporting Palace.

Ali77 27-08-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Didn't a fan do this after the Pulis appointment?! Then ended up apologising. Hope your doing the same come the end of the season.

Yogya 27-08-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara4003 (Post 11939193)
Just out of interest, how did you suffer this man as a manager before? How exactly did you 'suffer'?

Penalty miss by Ben Watson at Bristol? I suffered that night too. Mind you he is just lucky he is not a Man Utd fan. THen he would have something to complain about

CPFC2010 27-08-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Groundhog Day. Had the same messages the day we appointed Pulis.
If people dont want to support Palace then fine, I'm sure Tony will have another club soon for them to support.
Pull yourself together mate and stop being so dramatic. We are Palace and we need to stick together.

PS - while you have every right to have an opinion on the manager and to totally disagree with the board's choice, I cannot understand why you would say that we have "mis-sold" season tickets. They come with no guarantee of who will be manager of the club!

arabian eagle 27-08-2014 09:41 PM

Well played CPFC2010. Now let's get a couple of players in especially a left back. Get behind the team BBS. It's never boring being a Palace fan.

Gathers54 27-08-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC2010 (Post 11939236)

If you dont want to support Palace then fine, I'm sure Tony will have another club soon for you to support.

Pull yourself together mate and stop being so dramatic. We are Palace and we need to stick together.

Signs for QPR on Page 45 after 'Arry declines new contract

EnglandEagle 27-08-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara4003 (Post 11939193)

Watched too many games under him that were poor where we looked like headless chickens hoping for something to happen rather than making it happen. Can't stand watching us launch the ball hopelessly up field and don't believe he has done anything to show he is tactically capable. Think he buys shit players and doesn't have a track record of buying the quality of players that will improve us, which worries me that we will end up with expensive purchases of Championship quality.

philsick 27-08-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

If you want us to stick together,why make such a divisive appointment?

Popester 27-08-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Unless you bought your ticket on the condition NW didn't return you are legally and morally screwed.

Suggest you hope NW brings back the exciting attacking play we saw with Moses, Sinclair and (ahem) Scowcroft and otherwise forget about the past.

Joe85 27-08-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

If you dont want to support Palace then fine, I'm sure Tony will have another club soon for you to support.

Absoltely brillaint reply. Wo in the funk would ask for a bloddy refund after the last few years...Crazy.

CPFC2010 27-08-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali77 (Post 11939220)
Didn't a fan do this after the Pulis appointment?! Then ended up apologising. Hope your doing the same come the end of the season.

Yes, he asked for a refund when we appointed Tony and then ate humble pie in public.

History repeats itself!

Barbara4003 27-08-2014 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yogya (Post 11939225)
Penalty miss by Ben Watson at Bristol? I suffered that night too. Mind you he is just lucky he is not a Man Utd fan. THen he would have something to complain about

That noise will haunt me forever :(

burgess hill 84 27-08-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Im sorry to say this Steve, but I think you and the board have dropped a massive bollock.

mushroom 27-08-2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philsick (Post 11939252)

Do you think they should have asked all palace fans who to appoint? Maybe we could have had a poll?

CPFC2010 27-08-2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 11939261)
Absoltely brillaint reply. Wo in the funk would ask for a bloddy refund after the last few years...Crazy.

Here's another one e-mailed to the box office :-

"I would like a refund on the season ticket with the above number. When I bought my season ticket I was under the influence we would be successful under Tony Pulis. That clearly isn't the case due to Parish not being able to maintain a relationship with any manager. We are quickly becoming a joke club again, well done to cpfc2010 for that. Thanks."

Laugh or Cry? It's a tricky one.

EnglandEagle 27-08-2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Oh excuse me for having a different opinion. I don't remember this level of reaction for a previous appointment. But we all must be wrong and crap fans.

burgess hill 84 27-08-2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC2010 (Post 11939262)
Yes, he asked for a refund when we appointed Tony and then ate humble pie in public.

History repeats itself!

You hope.

Arron 27-08-2014 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palacenurse (Post 11939055)
Question about seats.
I sit in the Whitehorse F74/73, has the level of the pitch been raised? I can see 'diddly squat' now, the horizontal of the goal post completely obscures my view and I have to crouch down or stand up (not allowed). I have emailed the box office as ours seats are now a restricted view. My seat neighbour in F72 also can't see.

Let me get this right. You're moaning that the horizontal of the goal post (better known as the crossbar) is obscuring your view, thus meaning you're entitled to a refund as you're now in a restricted view seat?

You couldn't make it up.

spt1978 27-08-2014 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 (Post 11939273)
Im sorry to say this Steve, but I think you and the board have dropped a massive bollock.

:D Sorry but this made me laugh.

Not really happy with Warnock but on we march.

croydonexile 27-08-2014 09:50 PM

did you sit in on the Iinterviews ?

GorBlimey 27-08-2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC2010 (Post 11939281)

"I would like a refund on the season ticket with the above number. When I bought my season ticket I was under the influence

That's what comes of doing things when you're pissed.

SKATE 27-08-2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philsick (Post 11939252)

Worked last time didn't it.

Steamy 27-08-2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnglandEagle (Post 11939251)
Watched too many games under him that were poor where we looked like headless chickens hoping for something to happen rather than making it happen. Can't stand watching us launch the ball hopelessly up field and don't believe he has done anything to show he is tactically capable. Think he buys shit players and doesn't have a track record of buying the quality of players that will improve us, which worries me that we will end up with expensive purchases of Championship quality.

1) Headless chickens - we have a different group of players now, all with Premier League experience, so they know what to expect in this league.

2) 'Poor games' - we're Palace, we have played in some abysmal games over the years, not all of them with Warnock as manager.

3) Shit players and no track record - he was operating with a completely different budget. With a different scouting network. The club has grown and can attract better players now.

I was non-pluses by his appointment first time around, as I hated him as Sheffield Utd manager. But he won me over. Give him time to win you over this time around. Ultimately it's the team you support not him, and we aren't relegated yet...

Joe85 27-08-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

"I would like a refund on the season ticket with the above number. When I bought my season ticket I was under the influence we would be successful under Tony Pulis. That clearly isn't the case due to Parish not being able to maintain a relationship with any manager. We are quickly becoming a joke club again, well done to cpfc2010 for that. Thanks."

Laugh, then forward them my email address, i will happily purchase, at the full price, an unwanted season ticket. Just taken a promotion at work and can now actually afford a season ticket for myself and my 2 kids :( after giving up my ST in the Upper Holmesdale after winning promotion in the first place!

davech 27-08-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gathers54 (Post 11939249)
Signs for QPR on Page 45 after 'Arry declines new contract

Many a true word spoken in jest :D

burgess hill 84 27-08-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by croydonexile (Post 11939297)
Did you sit in on the interviews ?

Do you want to take your tongue out of Steve's arse?

CPFC2010 27-08-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 (Post 11939273)

Yep that's exactly what happened when TP was announced. Who knows? You could be right but let's hope not. Ultimately we gave to make a decision and we do it with the best intentions after reviewing all candidates and taking advice from hundreds of people. If we screwed up it's cost the 4 of us more than anyone else isn't it?

maestro 27-08-2014 09:52 PM

Dont listen to them Steve

Im always getting called for being negative on here but I think its a good brave appointment, we need a manager who can continue on with the current way of playing and Warnock is a good choice imo.

croydonexile 27-08-2014 09:53 PM

Quote:

I just got my backdated pay rise. Can I buy his ST if it becomes available? PM me pls

hughsey 27-08-2014 09:54 PM

Thanks for not considering Lennon. It's appreciated.

CharlieCPFC 27-08-2014 09:55 PM

Quote:

Whether you like it or not Steve all that's gone on recently will cause some divide and sulks from certain supporters. The spirit amongst supporters now is half of what it was when we were in the Championship, that's just the reality of it in my opinion is the more successful the club becomes the more demanding supporters become. I remember similar outbursts and whinges on here 10 months ago at the time of Pulis' appointment. See Mexicanhorse's signature for sad pre-judgements of Pulis. The same will go for Neil Warnock as he isn't perceived as a young good looking manager who has the ideas of total Football by the media which plays a huge influence on our supporters. I'll openly admit I weren't keen on NW but I can see the positives he can bring, and SP has spoken to Warnock in the flesh so will have a very good idea of what he can do at the club.

Here's hoping all goes well.

Gathers54 27-08-2014 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC2010 (Post 11939306)
Yep that's exactly what happened when TP was announced. Who knows? You could be right but let's hope not. Ultimately we gave to make a decision and we do it with the best intentions after reviewing all candidates and taking advice from hundreds of people. If we screwed up it's cost the 4 of us more than anyone else isn't it?

I am just glad its done. I wasn't expecting NW even though i like him and on the outside looking in, he wouldn't have been my choice. However, now its done and we can move on and get some players in. Most will get on-board and support him as that's what we do.

W Malling Eagle 27-08-2014 09:59 PM

The news was a huge surprise to most of us and I can understand some people being disappointed about the appointment. I like Warnock, but he wouldn't have been my first, second or even third choice. However, we're still Palace, Neil Warnock is our manager and that isn't going to change for now. If we want Palace to win games, we have to get behind NW, like him or not. I just hope those who have been really badly affected and are thinking of not following the club any more will think again and come back soon. We need to stick together to keep the club in the Premier League and have more incredible seasons like the last one. COYP

LLCOOLSTEVE 27-08-2014 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE (Post 11939080)
Your opinion based on gut feeling not fact.

well its certainly not a long term appointment with a view to the manager being here for a few years building a squad of players

thereichstuff 27-08-2014 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnglandEagle (Post 11939284)
Oh excuse me for having a different opinion. I don't remember this level of reaction for a previous appointment. But we all must be wrong and crap fans.

Not all mate , just some .

steveholmesdale 27-08-2014 10:02 PM

football a game of opinions eh, some right and some wrong and some somewhere in between,
One thing that seems to be fairly evident, the game of football is results driven and if we do ok then most will come round, and if we don't those that are not happy will get there wish and say told yer
The club we support ultimately make the decisions that steer the club in what we all hope is the right direction, quite funny really four years on and in the prem and still certain decisions seem to incite mutiny
As I have heard before you cant please all of the people all of the time
If the club sifted through every single item that is posted then no agreement would ever be made because you would never have 100% agreement from all the fans and the club would just drift on aimlessly
Welcome back NW and good bloody luck

CPFC2010 27-08-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE (Post 11939343)
well its certainly not a long term appointment with a view to the manager being here for a few years building a squad of players

I hope you get my point that it is very hard for clubs to plan for the future as so often, when they are successful, managers move on anyway. Steve Bruce here for example. I think that, in an ideal world, we'd love to appoint a hungry young manager and give him time and money to build up a team, but you have to be pragmatic and the situation where we find ourselves right now requires as little disruption as possible. We have a great team spirit and some excellent players and you don't want to dismantle that and start again from scratch, more fine tune what we have already with a manager who's not got radically different ideas from the last one. I hope you agree with the reasoning behind that. Today's appointment is a very sensible one IMHO.

burgess hill 84 27-08-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC2010 (Post 11939306)

I truly, truly hope i am wrong, Steve.
And if I am, I will come on here and apologies to you and the board.
But im sure you would rather people speak there mind than blow smoke up your arse.

croydonexile 27-08-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 (Post 11939305)
Do you want to take your tongue out of Steve's arse?

I'll reserve judgement for a few weeks before making a judgement. Having seen mackay's reputation explode and Sherwood withdraw from a job he wasn't even offered, I think we'd have dropped a massive bollocksl employing either. So who else was out there that would have gained mass approval from fans ? Warnock wasn't my first choice but I can see sense in his appointment.

I'd suggest you remove your head out of your own arse

Naboo 27-08-2014 10:04 PM

I trust the judgement of cpfc2010 in appointing a new manager after all the excellent things they have achieved with this club. As soon as an appointment is made I get behind it as I support the club and the individuals that work for it. There is a general theme on here in that the ones that shout loudest and moan the most are the ones that never go to games. I hope Steve knows they don't represent the true majority. One thing is for sure is that we are in for another exciting season. Up the palace!!

AJ's right boot 27-08-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC2010 (Post 11939375)
Trouble with doing that Steve is they piss off up north for a quick buck when they've won a few games.

:lux:

Barbara4003 27-08-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnglandEagle (Post 11939251)

Different team, different mentality.

Didn't you think that when Pulis was announced? I certainly did and was pleasantly surprised.

L'kooch 27-08-2014 10:06 PM

Quote:

Trouble with doing that Steve is they piss off up north for a quick buck when they've won a few games.

R.I.P. LLCOOLSTEVE

Gathers54 27-08-2014 10:06 PM

Quote:

Or they stay, get a free trip to Brazil, Austria, USA and Germany then leave.

Joe85 27-08-2014 10:06 PM

Steve, appreciate the PM there, can't seem to reply though..?

LLCOOLSTEVE 27-08-2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

You really think thats a sensible thing to post about someone you claim to still be friendly with?

Hows that chip on your shoulder ? cause thats how its coming across by posting that

And well done on trying to take the attention away from what was reasonable point

Shown your true colours there

Steamy 27-08-2014 10:08 PM

Quote:

I sense a Froch-Groves 2 coming on.

Actually, that would be a great idea...end of season, charity boxing match. Steve v Steve. Far better than buckets of ice.

CPFC2010 27-08-2014 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 (Post 11939378)
I truly, truly hope i am wrong, Steve.
And if I am, I will come on here and apologies to you and the board.
But im sure you would rather people speak there mind than blow smoke up your arse.

It's all about opinions and good on you for speaking your mind.

So far we have managed to get lucky every time and have done nothing but progress since we bought the club. One day we'll probably screw up but so far so good so trust us again on this one.

If this was the wrong choice the pints are on me at Doncaster away next season.

spt1978 27-08-2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara4003 (Post 11939389)
Didn't you think that when Pulis was announced? I certainly did and was pleasantly surprised.

Very different track records with regards to survival in the PL though Barbara.

Time will tell but I am fearful.

James 27-08-2014 10:11 PM

Sweet Jesus. There are some ******* miserable ***** on the BBS at the moment.

Barbara4003 27-08-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spt1978 (Post 11939410)
Very different track records with regards to survival in the PL though Barbara.

Time will tell but I am fearful.

But he was talking about style of play.

L'kooch 27-08-2014 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 11939415)
Sweet Jesus. There are some ******* miserable ***** on the BBS at the moment.

Not a bad way to announce that you've logged in