CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Questions to CPFC2010 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Questions to CPFC2010 ? (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=254808)

spt1978 27-08-2014 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara4003 (Post 11939417)
But he was talking about style of play.

As you were :D

Massive Attack 27-08-2014 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC2010 (Post 11939375)
Trouble with doing that Steve is they piss off up north for a quick buck when they've won a few games.

Classy Stephen, Classy.

Be careful, otherwise Steve will tell you off again.

Gathers54 27-08-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 11939415)
Sweet Jesus. There are some ******* miserable ***** on the BBS at the moment.

Yes there are indeed. Not everyone who is against NW is miserable though, some come up with some sensible posts. Unfortunately, some just take it too far.

spt1978 27-08-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 11939415)
Sweet Jesus. There are some ******* miserable ***** on the BBS at the moment.

Well you hardly sound like a ray of sunshine with that post!

danpalace07 27-08-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Trouble with doing that Steve is they piss off up north for a quick buck when they've won a few games.

snigger

croydonexile 27-08-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC2010 (Post 11939408)
It's all about opinions and good on you for speaking your mind.

So far we have managed to get lucky every time and have done nothing but progress since we bought the club. One day we'll probably screw up but so far so good so trust us again on this one.

If this was the wrong choice the pints are on me at Brighton and Bolton away next season.

EFA ;)

CPFC2010 27-08-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE (Post 11939403)
You really think thats a sensible thing to post about someone you claim to still be friendly with?

Hows that chip on your shoulder ? cause thats how its coming across by posting that

And well done on trying to take the attention away from what was reasonable point

Shown your true colours there

Oh Steve, when it comes to chips on shoulders you have a large portion as everyone knows.

Dougie''s a great guy and so is Tony, but they both chose to leave Palace and we are still here. Managers come and go but Palace fans are here for life.

Feather 27-08-2014 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE (Post 11939343)
well its certainly not a long term appointment with a view to the manager being here for a few years building a squad of players

Experience shows that building for the long term around the manager doesn't work.

bhcp 27-08-2014 10:14 PM

Blimey, there are some miserable people on this board.

I hated Warnock before he came to Palace. But after suffering some of the worst football I've ever seen under Taylor, he got us playing some good stuff, with plenty of passion and gave the kids a fair crack. I'm looking forwards to this season again now :)

LDNEAGLE 27-08-2014 10:14 PM

Quote:

You really think thats a sensible thing to post about someone you claim to still be friendly with?

Hows that chip on your shoulder ? cause thats how its coming across by posting that

And well done on trying to take the attention away from what was reasonable point

Lighten up

richj363 27-08-2014 10:14 PM

Can I suggest we just get on with supporting our team, cos one thing is for sure if we continue squabbling and fighting with each other we will certainly go down, if you don't like it don't go, then I might have more chance of a ticket.

Joe85 27-08-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

So far we have managed to get lucky every time and have done nothing but progress since we bought the club. One day we'll probably screw up but so far so good so trust us again on this one.

If this was the wrong choice the pints are on me at Doncaster away next season.

Steve left some details on the vistor page as i can't Pm. Thanks!

danpalace07 27-08-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC2010 (Post 11939435)
Oh Steve, when it comes to chips on shoulders you have a large portion as everyone knows.

Dougie''s a great guy and so is Tony but they walked out on Palace and we are still here. Managers come and go but real Palace fans are here for life.

Any idea where Pulis is off to? Might as well make a few quid off it

burgess hill 84 27-08-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

If this was the wrong choice the pints are on me at Doncaster away next season.

Lol. Fair play, I will keep you to that.

But i hope you give me a great big shit burger to eat at the end of the season instead.

Adlerhorst 27-08-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC2010 (Post 11939306)
If we screwed up it's cost the 4 of us more than anyone else isn't it?

how so?

Actual real money or evaporation of paper gains?

eagles #1 27-08-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Jesus Christ is this really one of our co owners coming out with this shit? How embarrassing.

He's probably pissed again.

LLCOOLSTEVE 27-08-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Dougie''s a great guy and so is Tony but they walked out on Palace and we are still here. Managers come and go but real Palace fans are here for life.

So was my post wrong then? is NW likely to be here for a few years or are you just going to use your position to encourage everyone to have a go at me again?!

Pathetic

Chunt 27-08-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Jesus, have some decorum. The board are classless to the core.

danpalace07 27-08-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagles #1 (Post 11939454)
Jesus Christ is this really one of our co owners coming out with this shit? How embarrassing.

He's probably pissed again.

Of course, you know better, right?

palacenurse 27-08-2014 10:17 PM

Perhaps I should have tried harder!! you think that excuse is abit lame. But when you've been sitting in the same seat for awhile and then first game of the season I'm looking at the HORIZONTAL bar yes I think I can complain. I don't want to spend my hard earned NHS pay on a seat where I can't see our winning goal against moan utd.

Barbara4003 27-08-2014 10:18 PM

I can't think of a better person to bring in, steady the ship, instil a bit more passion and enthusiasm into the game.

I'm far happier with him than I ever was with Malky Mackay.

There. I've said it.

Andy Adams 27-08-2014 10:19 PM

Woo hoo, what a great day this has been and finally got confirmation of the news I have been waiting for...selhurst sixes are going on sale next week! Thanks for the great news Steve! I can't say that Warnock as manager got me excited, but I'm just thankful that the club I love are still going, in the premiership and I wIll get to see 6 home games! COYP!

Ali77 27-08-2014 10:20 PM

Neiiiiiiiiiiil Warnock's rednblue army!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lombardo7 27-08-2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danpalace07 (Post 11939449)
Any idea where Pulis is off to? Might as well make a few quid off it

Could imagine Shepherds Bush way after tonight.

Kidofwonder 27-08-2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunt (Post 11939457)
Jesus, have some decorum. The board are classless to the core.

it was a light hearted joke? :confused:

spt1978 27-08-2014 10:20 PM

http://i1.wp.com/apublicdefender.com...ed-quickly.jpg

plectrum 27-08-2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 11939453)
how so?

Actual real money or evaporation of paper gains?

Aside from 4 years of their life where they have focused either their entire time or a portion of their time on CPFC rather than any other aspect of their business life

mean 27-08-2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Mate, I dont come on here much but just whenever I do you are on here moaning and bitching. Seriously.

I'm sure there's some history I've missed, but what is it you want? Really, dosn't it get a bit boring being down on everything Palace all the time? If its the ownership and board that stress you out so much, shouldn't you move on for your own health? Or, save up your pennies, buy them out, and you can make all the decisions yourself? JAT.

LLCOOLSTEVE 27-08-2014 10:21 PM

Sorry everyone but im fed up with being unable to post my opinion without reference to the past and a family friendship.

LDNEAGLE 27-08-2014 10:22 PM

Wow I don't know if half the posters here are just miserable, sulking keyboard warriors or just trying to provoke a reaction.

Cheer up people! We're still in the Premier League for at least another season!

TheMexicanHorse 27-08-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Steve, knowing Ian Moody's track record at Cardiff and Palace, and his, shall we say his alleged 'interesting' views on race, woman and homosexuals, and the fact he had his house raided in March, and was continued to be employed, do you do blame Tony if he did indeed 'walked out' on us?

I'd be more worried about the fact our best manager for years and years was allowed to leave us, whilst Moody was retained in employment.

palacenurse 27-08-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arron (Post 11939292)
Let me get this right. You're moaning that the horizontal of the goal post (better known as the crossbar) is obscuring your view, thus meaning you're entitled to a refund as you're now in a restricted view seat?

You couldn't make it up.

Perhaps I should have tried harder!! you think that excuse is abit lame. But when you've been sitting in the same seat for awhile and then first game of the season I'm looking at the HORIZONTAL bar yes I think I can complain. I don't want to spend my hard earned NHS pay on a seat where I can't see our winning goal against moan utd.

Barbara4003 27-08-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kidofwonder (Post 11939470)
it was a light hearted joke? :confused:

Chunt doesn't do light hearted or joke.

Especially not in the same sentence.

eagles #1 27-08-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali77 (Post 11939468)
Neiiiiiiiiiiil Warnock's rednblue army!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never. People have very short memories. Left us in the shit and tried to take/unsettle our best players...Nah, not for me.

spt1978 27-08-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mean (Post 11939476)
Or, save up your pennies, buy them out, and you can make all the decisions yourself? JAT.

Not digging you out as this gets said a lot and not in reference to Steve's post but if we are required to own the club before we can have an opinion you might aswell shut the BBS.

danpalace07 27-08-2014 10:24 PM

Wonder if any Sky Sports journos are reading this thread

Maximus Dowieus 27-08-2014 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plectrum (Post 11939475)
Aside from 4 years of their life where they have focused either their entire time or a portion of their time on CPFC rather than any other aspect of their business life

Goodness me you are very naive if you don't think the end game is for them all to make a great deal of money out of this by the time they exit! Seriously.

racehorse-80s 27-08-2014 10:24 PM

Wish the board would stay off the BBS even had an angry PM from Browett once accusing me of all sorts of shite over my posts.

LDNEAGLE 27-08-2014 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racehorse-80s (Post 11939496)
Wish the board would stay off the BBS even had an angry PM from Browett once accusing me of all sorts of shite over my posts.

You are in the minority

LLCOOLSTEVE 27-08-2014 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mean (Post 11939476)
Mate, I dont come on here much but just whenever I do you are on here moaning and bitching. Seriously.

I'm sure there's some history I've missed, but what is it you want? Really, dosn't it get a bit boring being down on everything Palace all the time? If its the ownership and board that stress you out so much, shouldn't you move on for your own health? Or, save up your pennies, buy them out, and you can make all the decisions yourself? JAT.

I suggest you look more closely at my posts, rather than at posts every so often where I dare raise an opinion that might not be like the majority. I have today got nothing against the board or the club,but why can i not post an opinion that is quite frankly factual aswell? ie NW will not be here for a few years

JAT

chav_hater 27-08-2014 10:26 PM

popcorn.gif

Chunt 27-08-2014 10:26 PM

Quote:

Tragic innit? I've likewise heard tales of them sending accusative inbox messages. Time for Dave to close their account I think - they've served their purpose on here.

Ralph 27-08-2014 10:26 PM

Ha ha ha. The pr!cks are out in force tonight.

Steve (CPFC2010) ignore the negativity, it's the pessimists naturally feeling uneasy about the last few weeks. There are bigger issues in life than the manager of CPFC, the club will always have my support and I'm proud of what you've turned this club into and I'm still confident in the long run we'll come out of this in better shape than where we started.

HOWEVER please don't get drawn into bickering on the boards. Sometimes it's good to keep some distance. We all need to vent from time to time and this is the "everyday" fans place for it, sadly, whilst you're here you'll naturally take it all personally.

L'kooch 27-08-2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE (Post 11939478)
Sorry everyone but im fed up with being unable to post my opinion without reference to the past and a family friendship.

Stop talking out of your ass then

He doesnt have to explain to you if an appointment is long or short term, in fact Steve P said today that it's not a long term appointment. For all we know the club considered all possibilities and this is the decision they made so if ur a Palace fan you got to live with it. If you insist on gargling on Dougie's balls then you cant have the nerve to criticize the board for not keeping managers longer cos as they said, Dougie is the prime example of why you cant bank on a manager to stay put for a long time

LDNEAGLE 27-08-2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE (Post 11939504)
I suggest you look more closely at my posts, rather than at posts every so often where I dare raise an opinion that might not be like the majority. I have today got nothing against the board or the club,but why can i not post an opinion that is quite frankly factual aswell? ie NW will not be here for a few years

JAT

DoF?

TheMexicanHorse 27-08-2014 10:28 PM

You know what will happen next, these comments about TP will be lifted from the BBS, turned into a newspaper article and then SB will bitch and moan about Ashton and his other rat journo's in the media (whilst they continue to be winded and dined in the executive lounges).

LLCOOLSTEVE 27-08-2014 10:28 PM

Quote:

I got a phone call!

alanlee11 27-08-2014 10:29 PM

i despair with people on here.

are you not able to just pull back from this situation and realise you are talking to other human beings, football is one thing, but how dare people on hear bitch and moan at these guys so so much, it's disgusting. If you don't like it, then you can make constructive criticism of course, that's what debate is about, but the torrent of people who actually seem more comfortable insulting people and moaning, compared to enjoying their life - it's pretty grim.

why do some of you even bother with football? you actually seem to be addicted to being negative and attacking people. if the board make a mistake, I'll say that i disagree with how they've done things, but that's it - what's the point in going any futher than that. there are some really miserable people on here, clearly very frustrated with their lives and seem to revel in negativity wherever they can apply it.

sw16girl 27-08-2014 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximus Dowieus (Post 11939495)
Goodness me you are very naive if you don't think the end game is for them all to make a great deal of money out of this by the time they exit! Seriously.

Seriously? - if so then they must be very stupid - making money out of football is something only a very very select few do - the vast majority of owners end up having to pay into their club and writing off a lot of debt. No one with any sense goes into football expecting to make money these days and I think our owners have some sense.

alanlee11 27-08-2014 10:29 PM

Quote:

JAT

and so what if he's not here for years, you're one of the worst, miserable posters on here.

CPFC2010 27-08-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE (Post 11939455)
So was my post wrong then? is NW likely to be here for a few years or are you just going to use your position to encourage everyone to have a go at me again?!

Pathetic

Steve, let's not argue about this again and, as another poster said, lighten up.

Sure, NW is maybe not a long, long term appointment but he's the best man to steady the ship right now and hugely experienced. We will of course plan for the long term future but, short to mid term, we need to stay in this league. I have great respect for Dougie but my point is that even when you do make long term plans with a younger man situations can arise that disrupt those plans. Let's all be friends please.

LLCOOLSTEVE 27-08-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L'kooch (Post 11939513)
Stop talking out of your ass then

He doesnt have to explain to you if an appointment is long or short term,

I HAVENT ASKED HIM TO, I JUST EXPRESSED MY OPINION IN REPLY TO SOMEONE ELSES POST FFS

alanlee11 27-08-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE (Post 11939522)
I got a phone call!

because you were slandering someone in a public forum

Chobham Eagle 27-08-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE (Post 11939455)

Pathetic

Oh dear. Not again. :(

Ralph 27-08-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanlee11 (Post 11939523)

are you not able to just pull back from this situation and realise you are talking to other human beings, football is one thing, but how dare people on hear bitch and moan at these guys so so much, it's disgusting. If you don't like it, then you can make constructive criticism of course, that's what debate is about, but the torrent of people who actually seem more comfortable insulting people and moaning, compared to enjoying their life - it's pretty grim.

why do some of you even bother with football? you actually seem to be addicted to being negative and attacking people. if the board make a mistake, I'll say that i disagree with how they've done things, but that's it - what's the point in going any futher than that. there are some really miserable people on here, clearly very frustrated with their lives and seem to revel in negativity wherever they can apply it.

:lux:

I'd be happy with a message board for just me and you.

Steamy 27-08-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

JAT

While your opinion is likely to be proved right Steve, Fergie managed until after he was 70, so there is potential for Warnock to be the manager for a few years. So it is opinion, not a factual statement.

richj363 27-08-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagles #1 (Post 11939488)
Never. People have very short memories. Left us in the shit and tried to take/unsettle our best players...Nah, not for me.

Bye then :hi:

LDNEAGLE 27-08-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sw16girl (Post 11939525)
Seriously? - if so then they must be very stupid - making money out of football is something only a very very select few do - the vast majority of owners end up having to pay into their club and writing off a lot of debt. No one with any sense goes into football expecting to make money these days and I think our owners have some sense.

There's little point reasoning with those here looking for a reaction/ear to b!tch at

mean 27-08-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

JAT

Fair enough. No harm in not being with the majority, but getting behind the current manager and the team is probably a good plan if the club and us supporters want to consolidate where we are currently?

racehorse-80s 27-08-2014 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunt (Post 11939509)
Tragic innit? I've likewise heard tales of them sending accusative inbox messages. Time for Dave to close their account I think - they've served their purpose on here.

It's true and it was over my criticism of season ticket prices , didn't rise to the bait though just told him I will post what I like .
It was a late night PM ;)

TheMexicanHorse 27-08-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralph (Post 11939510)
Ha ha ha. The pr!cks are out in force tonight.

Steve (CPFC2010) ignore the negativity, it's the pessimists naturally feeling uneasy about the last few weeks. There are bigger issues in life than the manager of CPFC, the club will always have my support and I'm proud of what you've turned this club into and I'm still confident in the long run we'll come out of this in better shape than where we started.

Right, so you are a 'prick' if you don't agree with whats happened at Palace over the last fortnight?

I know from your sig you wish you was their PA or something, but the majority of posts are always very supportive of the board.

Pulis was an inspired appointment, however whats gone on since, with Moody, Pulis leaving, the whole recruitment process and now Warnock being appointed, it's natural Palace fans who are passionate about the club are questioning what's gone on.

Personally I'm rather excited about NW appointment, but I can see why people would be questioning this appointment of all the ones they have made so far. I'm sure NW will be fully supported however by the majority of Palace fans come this Saturday and next, in the stands.

L'kooch 27-08-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Better than getting PM from Ray the Bee guy

Ralph 27-08-2014 10:34 PM

Do people think Van Gaal will still be at Man United in 2 years time?

GorBlimey 27-08-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximus Dowieus (Post 11939495)

You don't think that they bought the club to then go and spunk away their respective fortunes on playing real-life football manager either.

They didn't buy the club to make money. There is more than a grain of truth in the old cliché about the quickest way to become a millionaire is to start with a billion and buy a football club.

Jordan and Goldberg are lessons in what can and does happen.

CPFC2010 could have taken much easier routes if making money was their goal.

They bought the club because no-one else would and the alternative was to see it die. It would be nice if they got credit for that rather than accusations that they are only in it for the money.

LLCOOLSTEVE 27-08-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC2010 (Post 11939529)
Steve, let's not argue about this again and, as another poster said, lighten up.

Sure, NW is not a long term appointment but he's the best man to steady the ship right now and hugely experienced. We will of course plan for the long term future but, short to mid term, we need to stay in this league. I have great respect for Dougie but my point is that even when you do make long term plans situations can arise that disrupt those plans. Let's all be friends please.

Thank you, although it wasnt aimed at you as I was replying to someone else so I didnt expect or need for you to answer, Yes I agree with your last sentence but comments like those you posted earlier do not help. Sure, make them under an anonymous account but as the official club account is asking for people to take offence.

Hears to a successful season, cheers.

burgess hill 84 27-08-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse (Post 11939550)
Right, so you are a 'prick' if you don't agree with whats happened at Palace over the last fortnight?

I know from your sig you wish you was their PA or something, but the majority of posts are always very supportive of the board.

Pulis was an inspired appointment, however whats gone on since, with Moody, Pulis leaving, the whole recruitment process and now Warnock being appointed, it's natural Palace fans who are passionate about the club are questioning what's gone on.

Good post

Windsor_Eagle 27-08-2014 10:35 PM

What is more "tragic" than posting messages of support to CPFC2010 when they appear on the BBS?

A: Being a grown adult and thinking that posting abrasive or accusatory messages at them is somehow showing you to be superior to everyone else. That is the sort of shit that people did at school.

mushroom 27-08-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

JAT

Because you're a knob?

Naboo 27-08-2014 10:36 PM

Can someone define long term anyway? In football management I would suggest 2 years is fairly long term in the current football climate

LLCOOLSTEVE 27-08-2014 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanlee11 (Post 11939531)
because you were slandering someone in a public forum

not about that, and I didnt. But anyways.

Ralph 27-08-2014 10:36 PM

Quote:

Not what I meant. Sorry if that's how it's come across. People can have opinions but it's the abuse that makes people pricks IMO.

And yes I'd love to be their PA.

Windsor_Eagle 27-08-2014 10:37 PM

Quote:

Personally I'm rather excited about NW appointment, but I can see why people would be questioning this appointment of all the ones they have made so far. I'm sure NW will be fully supported however by the majority of Palace fans come this Saturday and next, in the stands.

All well and good except you purposefully weaved in emotive and suggestive hearsay in the form of a 'question' which was intended as a dig. Subtlety of a truck.

LLCOOLSTEVE 27-08-2014 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 11939563)
Because you're a knob?

Fair point

mushroom 27-08-2014 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE (Post 11939571)
Fair point

:D

Kidofwonder 27-08-2014 10:39 PM

Ali77 27-08-2014 10:39 PM

My mates who are Chelsea fans and other suitably sh*** clubs can't believe our chairman answers questions on an internet forum. It is a privilege to have that at our club when other clubs owners are so out of touch with the fans it is unreal.

Sadly I can see the board not bothering anymore when they get responses like they have on here. I really hope that is not the case.

Barbara4003 27-08-2014 10:40 PM

Pulis: Walked out.

Moody: Blotted his copybook.

Recruitment Process: Had applications, sifted through them, chose the best man they think for the job.

What's not to understand?

eaglejez 27-08-2014 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richj363 (Post 11938357)
Steve , any news on the Selhurst 6

They are innocent and should be released :p

Chobham Eagle 27-08-2014 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanlee11 (Post 11939523)

Good post!

lombardo7 27-08-2014 10:41 PM

Quote:

Sure, NW is not a long term appointment but he's the best man to steady the ship right now and hugely experienced. We will of course plan for the long term future but, short to mid term, we need to stay in this league. I have great respect for Dougie but my point is that even when you do make long term plans situations can arise that disrupt those plans. Let's all be friends please.

Take the olive branch llcoolsteve. Chill, have a beer and lets see what plays out.

TheMexicanHorse 27-08-2014 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle (Post 11939570)
All well and good excpet you purposefully weaved in emotive and suggestive hearsay in the form of a 'question' which was intended as a dig. Subtlety of a truck.

Not at all, just how I personally see things. I'm sure I'm not the only Palace fan to wonder about what's gone on at our club the last 2 weeks.

The wonderful night in May after Gayle made it 3-3, with the lap of honour after seems a very, very distance memory at the moment. Here's hoping we see the same sort of scenes next May.

LDNEAGLE 27-08-2014 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali77 (Post 11939581)
My mates who are Chelsea fans and other suitably sh*** clubs can't believe our chairman answers questions on an internet forum. It is a privilege to have that at our club when other clubs owners are so out of touch with the fans it is unreal.

Sadly I can see the board not bothering anymore when they get responses like they have on here. I really hope that is not the case.

A fear shared by myself and other fans not just looking to abuse the board.

Ralph 27-08-2014 10:41 PM

I blame additives in modern foods.

Joooe 27-08-2014 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagles #1 (Post 11939488)

Ralph 27-08-2014 10:42 PM

I want to hear from Jeremy Hoskins.

LDNEAGLE 27-08-2014 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralph (Post 11939594)

I blame violent video games

racehorse-80s 27-08-2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE (Post 11939522)
I got a phone call!

How the hell did they get your number ?

CPFC2010 27-08-2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE (Post 11939558)
Thank you, although it wasnt aimed at you as I was replying to someone else so I didnt expect or need for you to answer, Yes I agree with your last sentence but comments like those you posted earlier do not help. Sure, make them under an anonymous account but as the official club account is asking for people to take offence.

It's definitely not the official club account. But. I appreciate that it might be perceived as that, so sorry.

Anyway, best that the "questions" thread is kept closed for a while as we all need to stick together not bicker. Best wishes to all and COYP !

Adlerhorst 27-08-2014 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kidofwonder (Post 11939579)

where's the smash mouth rep button?

Ralph 27-08-2014 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDNEAGLE (Post 11939599)
I blame violent video games

I blame reality TV.

croydonexile 27-08-2014 10:45 PM

Until we know (and we probably never will) the full circumstances as to why TP left there will always be conjecture and speculatioIn that morphs into fact. In the meantime a perfect storm of shitty circumstances has left us needing to make an appointment and fast. Warnock always will divide opinion but it's hard to argue against the logic of employing someone with over 1000 matches under their belt and is more equipped with the tools than most to hit the ground running with an established squad in need of a few tweaks .

Warnock wasn't the first name to spring to mind but I can certainly see why he's been brought in.

plectrum 27-08-2014 10:45 PM

Quote:

That may be what you think but Neil will be managing football clubs until the grave. He absolutely loves it! Could easily see him here until 70.

As for Dougie - he was given an immense degree of backing from the board - fact - and he turned his back at a crucial time for Palace and left with his whole team. Not sure as a manager he still deserves our respect - different from his performance for Palace as a player.

racehorse-80s 27-08-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralph (Post 11939598)
I want to hear from Jeremy Hoskins.

No chance your posts are too tame and pro 2010 to get a personal PM from the board.

plectrum 27-08-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE (Post 11939558)

"BBS posts of CPFC2010 are written for members of this forum and should not be quoted in the press as representing CPFC or any individual."

Windsor_Eagle 27-08-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse (Post 11939592)
Not at all, just how I personally see things. I'm sure I'm not the only Palace fan to wonder about what's gone on at our club the last 2 weeks.

The wonderful night in May after Gayle made it 3-3, with the lap of honour after seems a very, very distance memory at the moment. Here's hoping we see the same sort of scenes next May.

It does seem a long time ago and I really thought that Pulis has been our best manager since Coppell. Gutted to see him go on a football level, but he walked out. Whatever his reasons, he walked out and in doing so has left us in a desperate position. There has undoubtedly been a lot of activity in the last 2 weeks - some of which I imagine has been quite accurately reported and some of which wildly inaccurately reported. I doubt we'll get to know for definite what happened but we are where we are.

The 2 questions for me are:

1) Do I think that the board are actively working against the better interests of the club / working towards their own interests regardless of if they are in the interest of the club?

2) Do I think that the board are particularly naive or stupid that they've let a series of **** ups happen around them and have not known how to react?

The answer I come up with to both questions is 'no'. As such they get my support and I put my efforts into getting behind the club fully. One day things might happen to make me reconsider my answers to those questions, but currently the track record doesn't suggest I need to.

LDNEAGLE 27-08-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralph (Post 11939611)
I blame reality TV.

I blame provocative perfume advertisements

beef 27-08-2014 10:47 PM

Definitely think c_block_lad/matty is posting again

eagles #1 27-08-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joooe (Post 11939595)

Yea, well done. You've nailed your argument with that one. :D :p

Ralph 27-08-2014 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDNEAGLE (Post 11939623)
I blame provocative perfume advertisements

I blame multinational globalisation with a focus on privatisation of essential services for a civilised society.

Steamy 27-08-2014 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralph (Post 11939594)

I blame gay snake.