CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   John Textor has joined, as director, investor and 4th partner (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=284524)

El Aguila 18-08-2021 08:14 PM

A little ostentatious, perhaps?

Aki Aki Aki 18-08-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 15952712)
A little ostentatious, perhaps?

I don't think so, not for £5k it's not. It's a really nice gesture.

El Aguila 18-08-2021 08:29 PM

It's a really nice but somewhat ostentatious gesture, in my view, but fair enough.

Nth Kent Eagle 18-08-2021 09:07 PM

This Facebank logo on the shirt sleeves this season is that anything to do with Mr Textor?

chrisophiex 18-08-2021 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 15952728)
It's a really nice but somewhat ostentatious gesture, in my view, but fair enough.

Nah..... 50k would be ostentatious as that’s a figure that’s not needed on this occasion. 5k is the perfect gesture to properly help out without looking like someone trying too hard to impress.

Class gesture.

PurePalace4E4 18-08-2021 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian J (Post 15952314)
Then we will just have to differ in our opinions

Get your head checked. It'll be tied up contractually. SP you may consider a fool (wrongly), but Harris and Blitzer certainly ain't. There is no exit without consensus. Get your head out of yer arse.

PurePalace4E4 18-08-2021 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 15952767)
Nah..... 50k would be ostentatious as thatís a figure thatís not needed on this occasion. 5k is the perfect gesture to properly help out without looking like someone trying too hard to impress.

Class gesture.

It is of course tax deducible, but that doesn't get aside from the fact that it a generous gesture from an individual that has a growing affinity with our community. Judge him in 5 years time, on what his investment has made to our club.

Hell, we might even have the new stand project underway by then! We can but hope.

TopKnot 18-08-2021 09:24 PM

What’s the story with Crystal Palace Ghana? Are they just a bunch of guys who use the palace name or is there some actual connection there? Anyone know?

PurePalace4E4 18-08-2021 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15952536)
However it played out, I'm confident it would be better than the Goldberg/Jordan outcomes

Indeed. SJ made money out of mobile phones when it was impossible not to.

These guys have Billions of accumulated wealth. SJ, what, £50m?

Bed wetting.

PurePalace4E4 18-08-2021 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 15952786)
Whatís the story with Crystal Palace Ghana? Are they just a bunch of guys who use the palace name or is there some actual connection there? Anyone know?

Nah, it's just a website.

hulkster 18-08-2021 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurePalace4E4 (Post 15952785)
It is of course tax deducible, but that doesn't get aside from the fact that it a generous gesture from an individual that has a growing affinity with our community. Judge him in 5 years time, on what his investment has made to our club.

Hell, we might even have the new stand project underway by then! We can but hope.

At last we may have a truly rich benefactor who is in love with the club and the area.

chrisophiex 18-08-2021 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hulkster (Post 15952798)
At last we may have a truly rich benefactor who is in love with the club and the area.

He seems to have had more input then the other two already.

CPFC 1949 18-08-2021 10:54 PM

Quote:

Whatís the story with Crystal Palace Ghana? Are they just a bunch of guys who use the palace name or is there some actual connection there? Anyone know?

They are a bunch of Palace supporters who play for a non league team called Crystal Palace Ghana,
They can be seen on Twitter wearing a mixture of different Palace shirts many wearing no socks and an odd assortment of boots.
The fund was started (not by myself) to supply them with a new kit and track suits etc.
Iíve noticed a post on Twitter from their captain Mawuena saying ď lm overwhelmed by what CPFC fans and supports are doing for our very own Palace Ghana.
Words canít explain enough, we are so grateful.
We will continue pushing the CPFC brand in GhanaĒ.

You can also contribute on the Go Fund me site.https://gofund.me/a0dedf12

Adlerhorst 19-08-2021 04:25 AM

Quote:

What’s the story with Crystal Palace Ghana? Are they just a bunch of guys who use the palace name or is there some actual connection there? Anyone know?

Recently a new poster posted a fundraising thread for them after recently joining and randomly bumping a load of old threads to get their post count up to allow them to posts links. Frankly it looked quite a lot like a scam so we pulled the thread while we investigate (and we have asked the club if they know anything about it).

That’s not to say it is not genuine, but it looked an awful lot like a scam at the time. We’re still looking into it.

Ian J 19-08-2021 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurePalace4E4 (Post 15952781)
Get your head checked. It'll be tied up contractually. There is no exit without consensus. Get your head out of yer arse.

You're just repeating what Big Blue Eagle said but at least he managed to make his point without resorting to personal insults

stevek 19-08-2021 08:24 AM

I wish he'd been around when I was doing the cycling :D

Nth Kent Eagle 19-08-2021 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurePalace4E4 (Post 15952790)
Indeed. SJ made money out of mobile phones when it was impossible not to.

These guys have Billions of accumulated wealth. SJ, what, £50m?

Bed wetting.

Is bed wetting the perjorative statement of the day to close down conversations and belittle other posters? If your post was aimed at me then, for clarification, I said that I preferred the multi ownership model but we hadnít yet seen the full cycle of relegation. We donít know how US special situations fund managers will react in that circumstance as they will have options. Try to debate without insults.

orp pisshead1 19-08-2021 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 15953389)
I wish he'd been around when I was doing the cycling :D

:D:D:p

CPFC 1949 19-08-2021 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 15952931)
Recently a new poster posted a fundraising thread for them after recently joining and randomly bumping a load of old threads to get their post count up to allow them to posts links. Frankly it looked quite a lot like a scam so we pulled the thread while we investigate (and we have asked the club if they know anything about it).

Thatís not to say it is not genuine, but it looked an awful lot like a scam at the time. Weíre still looking into it.

Pleased be assured that this is 100% genuine and the kits etc will be purchased through or with the help of the club.

stevek 19-08-2021 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 (Post 15953403)
:D:D:p

To be fair, David Blitzer (and Steves Browett and Parish) made very generous contributions.