CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   John Textor has joined, as director, investor and 4th partner (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=284524)

AJ 03-11-2021 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by filharvey (Post 16086140)
damn 40% for 120m

At the time it was announced that his investment would help the club financially which may suggest that some of the money went to the club and the rest to buying shares from the other shareholders.

AJ 03-11-2021 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyTKid (Post 16086159)
Football is a harsh thing to invest in. £300m valuation but if Palace get relegated they are loss making and probably worth less than a third of that.

Did Ron Noades buy the club and ground for something like 70k?

Stavros 69 03-11-2021 05:53 PM

.

Stavros 69 03-11-2021 05:53 PM

.

Scoot 03-11-2021 07:16 PM

Can't see anything in that tweet to confirm it's 40%

Adlerhorst 03-11-2021 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoot (Post 16086338)
Can't see anything in that tweet to confirm it's 40%

It’s definitely 25%+

We’ll find out in due course because normally the level / range of significant control has to be announced

britabroad 03-11-2021 08:24 PM

I am not a financial person, but it looks like he is also an investor in Disney Enterprises. IF this is the case, it is even more interesting as the Chairman is a Palace fan from Beckenham/Hayes.

Scrumpy 03-11-2021 08:53 PM

I am not a finance person either and it may be me being very basic but now there are 4 "major" investors could you assume Parish, Blitzer, Harris and Textor are now at 25% each and other investors who still had a small holding such as Browett have now been bought out?

Scrumpy 03-11-2021 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 16086344)
It’s definitely 25%+

We’ll find out in due course because normally the level / range of significant control has to be announced

Considering the deal was done in August is it normal for the documents to take 3 months before they're uploaded to Companies House for this sort of thing?

in-exile 03-11-2021 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ (Post 16086258)
Did Ron Noades buy the club and ground for something like 70k?

Think it was about 120 odd K

Billy Rhino 03-11-2021 09:09 PM

As I remember it cpfc2010 paid £4m for the ground and £6m for the club. A nice little earner.

thereichstuff 03-11-2021 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Rhino (Post 16086422)
As I remember it cpfc2010 paid £4m for the ground and £6m for the club. A nice little earner.

Good luck to them.

daverambo2 03-11-2021 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Rhino (Post 16086422)
As I remember it cpfc2010 paid £4m for the ground and £6m for the club. A nice little earner.

And most people would have said they were throwing their money away. To be fair, without that play off win they probably would never have got their money back.

Billy Rhino 03-11-2021 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverambo2 (Post 16086492)
And most people would have said they were throwing their money away. To be fair, without that play off win they probably would never have got their money back.

Totally agree. Parish was really the only serious interested party at the time and we were lucky he was around, just shows he's a clever sausage and saw the potential of our club.

AJ 04-11-2021 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Rhino (Post 16086422)
As I remember it cpfc2010 paid £4m for the ground and £6m for the club. A nice little earner.

Do the original 4 still own the ground or was it tied together in the shares for the football club?

palace_burger 04-11-2021 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle (Post 16086157)
Was it £120m or £90m?

It was £87.5m (a significant chunk of his net worth!) which converts to $120m USD

https://www.latestcelebarticles.com/john-textor/

thereichstuff 04-11-2021 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palace_burger (Post 16086565)
It was £87.5m (a significant chunk of his net worth!) which converts to $120 USD

https://www.latestcelebarticles.com/john-textor/

I can’t see him investing half of his wealth into palace. He must have much more than that.
I see that blitzer is worth over £1 b and Harris £6 b.

Spiderman 04-11-2021 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britabroad (Post 16086385)
I am not a financial person, but it looks like he is also an investor in Disney Enterprises. IF this is the case, it is even more interesting as the Chairman is a Palace fan from Beckenham/Hayes.

Who is the Chairman that is a Palace fan?

Big Blue Eagle 04-11-2021 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palace_burger (Post 16086565)
It was £87.5m (a significant chunk of his net worth!) which converts to $120 USD

https://www.latestcelebarticles.com/john-textor/

Wow Brexit has trashed the £ hasnít itÖ:D

AJ 04-11-2021 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle (Post 16087009)
Wow Brexit has trashed the £ hasnít itÖ:D

It's been low against the dollar for a while now, probably the last 5 years. It is a a high spot right now in those 5 years. You are right though as it fell initially after the Brexit vote.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.