CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Transfer Hotline (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Rumour: Timothy Castagne (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=279220)

chrisophiex 10-07-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james powell (Post 14818167)
Bridgey on SSN reckons itís close?

For us ?

red&blue_moomin 10-07-2019 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james powell (Post 14818167)
Bridgey on SSN reckons itís close?

Hmmm the video I've seen is him saying we're interested but he doesn't think it's close. Add in the rumours that Atalanta have offered him a new deal and I think we might be up the creek unless we offer a bit over the 20M euro they apparently want for him.

chrisophiex 10-07-2019 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 14818178)
Hmmm the video I've seen is him saying we're interested but he doesn't think it's close. Add in the rumours that Atalanta have offered him a new deal and I think we might be up the creek unless we offer a bit over the 20M euro they apparently want for him.

Yep...just checked his twitter account and the video posted by him doesnít suggest itís close at all.

CP-RJW 10-07-2019 09:04 PM

‘Reports in Europe say it’s quite close, I understand that it isn’t close but there is interest there.’

CP-RJW 10-07-2019 09:05 PM

https://twitter.com/michaelbridge_/s...528298496?s=21

Love Bridgey, great Holmesdale fanatics impression :)

Liam_Palace 21-07-2019 06:15 PM

https://readcrystalpalace.com/2019/0...castagne-deal/

Crystal Palace are not giving up in their pursuit of Atalanta star Timothy Castagne.

According to claims from La Gazzetta dello Sport, as translated in a report from Sport Witness, the Eagles are determined to sign the player as they step up their efforts to replace Aaron Wan-Bissaka.

The right-back joined Manchester United in a £50 million deal earlier in the summer transfer window, but no replacement has been recruited yet.

However, Palace are seemingly doing all they can to lure Castagne away from Atalanta, with Gazzetta’s report claiming that they have already put in an offer worth €18 million.

The Belgian played a key role in Gian Piero Gasperini’s side last season, as the Italian club pulled off a shock to finish in third place on the Serie A table.

Atalanta are determined to tie Castagne down to a new deal, but it is claimed that there is still significant disparity between the player’s demands and the financial conditions that have been offered, handing Palace a glimmer of hope.

Dobbo 21-07-2019 06:59 PM

ItIf the selling clubs all say yes at the same time, we could end up with this guy, Clyney, Aarons, the lad from Chelski & Jenkinson !

exiledeagle 21-07-2019 07:02 PM

Sums up nonsense of rumours . In last couple of days we have again be linked with Diaz , Castagne , Clyne , Jenkinson and James . As many have said best to just take with pinch of salt .

Jman 21-07-2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exiledeagle (Post 14831782)
Sums up nonsense of rumours . In last couple of days we have again be linked with Diaz , Castagne , Clyne , Jenkinson and James . As many have said best to just take with pinch of salt .

I think our issue is that selling clubs know we have sold AWB for big money so they are all maxing their asking prices. Hence why most sensible clubs buy a replacement before a major sale.

ebyeeckeagle 21-07-2019 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exiledeagle (Post 14831782)

Indeed. Yet it could all be true to an extent.

Presumably we have preferred targets and back ups. All would have had some form of contact to feel out a move is possible. And for moves to happen, its sometime a jigsaw I suppose; Player A needs to move to such a place, for Player B to move to another place. Sigh

ebyeeckeagle 21-07-2019 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jman (Post 14831873)
I think our issue is that selling clubs know we have sold AWB for big money so they are all maxing their asking prices. Hence why most sensible clubs buy a replacement before a major sale.

But the other team will know you are buying the player in advance anyway.

And if you buy a replacement, then the subsequent sale has to go through so teams will know you are desperate to sell........

The ideal is to have a player tapped up ready to buy.

Gollum 21-07-2019 09:07 PM

Agreed. I've seen 5 stories linking us with 5 different right backs today alone.
Could be multiple interests, conveniently leaked to progress a move ? Or just smoke and mirrors to disguise a true target ?

Kirby 21-07-2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollum (Post 14831886)
Or just smoke and mirrors to disguise a true target ?

Danny Simpson on a free.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 21-07-2019 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle (Post 14831881)
But the other team will know you are buying the player in advance anyway.

And if you buy a replacement, then the subsequent sale has to go through so teams will know you are desperate to sell........

The ideal is to have a player tapped up ready to buy.

Yep. If we had already spent even £15m on this guy can you imagine United agreeing to the last minute sell-on we apparently got as we wrapped up AWB's sale?!

Gyro1780 21-07-2019 09:35 PM

I don't know anything about this player. Is he any good? Who would you compare him to in the Premier League?

GB2506 21-07-2019 09:44 PM

Read page 4 of this thread

Gyro1780 21-07-2019 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB2506 (Post 14831925)
Read page 4 of this thread

Thank you :p

red&blue_moomin 21-07-2019 09:55 PM

I would image castagne and Reese James are the ones we are looking at as prime replacements and Clyne/Diaz/Jenkinson are the backup targets.

laboxers 22-07-2019 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 14831932)
I would image castagne and Reese James are the ones we are looking at as prime replacements and Clyne/Diaz/Jenkinson are the backup targets.

I really hope so. Castagne and James would certainly be outright 1st choices over Ward

old traf 22-07-2019 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollum (Post 14831886)
Agreed. I've seen 5 stories linking us with 5 different right backs today alone.
Could be multiple interests, conveniently leaked to progress a move ? Or just smoke and mirrors to disguise a true target ?

I would take any one of them without even knowing who they are as long as its not Jenkinson.