CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Stellavista 31-12-2017 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 14023102)
Hopefully we'll have a little more perspective on exactly what happened there. We didn't buy the players to immediately bring in the system attempted, didn't spend very big or very well in general, had crucial injuries and gave up on the whole shebang just when we might have been turning the corner ( the Burnley performance, especially in light of how they are doing, was superb ) and that was without key players. Still think we missed a trick on FDB and the chance to evolve the club.

Yeh, right.....

burgess hill 84 31-12-2017 06:01 PM

What with his and Fosu's performance today , you cold say we have found 2 more 1st team players we all thought were only gonna be used off the bench. What god takes away with 1 hand (Dann) he gives back with the other.

Green Bin 31-12-2017 06:08 PM

Quote:

Hopefully we'll have a little more perspective on exactly what happened there. We didn't buy the players to immediately bring in the system attempted, didn't spend very big or very well in general, had crucial injuries and gave up on the whole shebang just when we might have been turning the corner ( the Burnley performance, especially in light of how they are doing, was superb ) and that was without key players. Still think we missed a trick on FDB and the chance to evolve the club.

Couldn't put it better myself...how anyone can write somebody off after 4 games, only one of which we lost badly, is beyond me. SP oversaw a very strange summer transfer window (again) that left us short in key areas (again). Jairo has the look of a decent player who could grow into an important role for us...again anyone who would write off a player that got to the Europa Cup final, has no sensible idea about football

spt1978 31-12-2017 06:34 PM

Really pleased for him.

Young player, moving countries and the manager who brought him in quickly sacked. Cannot have been easy.

spt1978 31-12-2017 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 (Post 14023316)
What with his and Fosu's performance today , you cold say we have found 2 more 1st team players we all thought were only gonna be used off the bench. What god takes away with 1 hand (Dann) he gives back with the other.

None of FdB's signings have been bad to be fair.

stevedb55 31-12-2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceForever (Post 14023183)
Pleased for JR. Iím sure today wouldíve been a big confidence boost for him and weíll need him in the second half of the season. I like it when players on the fringe of the first team like him and Kelly come in and show they can be relied on.

Agree - I like the way Roy is keeping competition for places (even though some of it is forced by injuries) I think his man management is great, it does seem that the players who come in to cover are pushing hard for places in the first eleven and thats a positive. We are in good hands with the RH/RL pairing.

johnp 31-12-2017 08:52 PM

Quote:

I liked the way Ray Lewington went on to the pitch as they walked off at half time to praise them for their first half performances.

burgess hill 84 31-12-2017 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnp (Post 14023543)
I liked the way Ray Lewington went on to the pitch as they walked off at half time to praise them for their first half performances.

Me too mate. Says a lot about the spirit in the club at the moment.

palacelad197o 31-12-2017 09:05 PM

Quote:

And jairo deserves to start against Southampton

917L 31-12-2017 09:23 PM

Good for Riedewald but what on earth are the loonies on suggesting we shouldn't haves sacked FDB

Mentalists

PremierPalace 31-12-2017 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exiledeagle (Post 14022860)
Strange he must have played reasonably well as we restricted City . I just don't recall seeing or hearing his name too much from t6 coverage - unsung hero ? I hope he is a success here though .

Definitely kept them quiet defensively and was key to us keeping the ball when we did have it

PremierPalace 31-12-2017 10:02 PM

Quote:

He destroyed Kelly and Ward. The players clearly didnít like him. We were even more unfit after his preseason than after Pardewís the year before. We didnít sign the players for the system because that meant signing a completely new squad. He wasnít us, he didnít get it, Hodgson understands a club like ours.

Glɑzier 31-12-2017 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palacelad197o (Post 14023550)
And jairo deserves to start against Southampton

Definitely tempting - a midfield of JR, macca and cabaye would be pretty decent and, crucially, fairly fresh for Tuesday. If Townsend plays with the amount of running he did I think I'll collapse with exhaustion on his behalf!

Lombardo's hair 31-12-2017 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glɑzier (Post 14023603)
Definitely tempting - a midfield of JR, macca and cabaye would be pretty decent and, crucially, fairly fresh for Tuesday. If Townsend plays with the amount of running he did I think I'll collapse with exhaustion on his behalf!

What about luka?

AJ's right boot 31-12-2017 10:33 PM

Welcome to the party Jairo, pleased for him. Deserves to keep his place.

PalaceForever 31-12-2017 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair (Post 14023622)
What about luka?

I read Luka covered the most distance of any player on the pitch (12.8km or something), he must be pretty tired.

Owngoal 31-12-2017 10:43 PM

To have been the best passer in the Dutch league means he must have something about him. Today he was up against some of the best midfielders in the world and looked comfortable. Would love to see our Man U loaned TFM bought from Man U by us. Jose wants ready made expensive players and could do with what we might pay as a down payment on some. Still not convinced by PVA because one good game does not make some of what we have seen before go. JR could turn into a very classy DM.

aj4england 31-12-2017 10:55 PM

very tidy midfielder , been suggesting for a while roy gives him a go . Did well

Vince Hilaire's Afro 31-12-2017 11:08 PM

My guess based on very little evidence is that JR has shown he has some silky passing skills that would fare well against teams that like to play, such as Man City. Whether he'd be as effective against ***** like Brighton, I'm not sure

cpfcben 31-12-2017 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 917L (Post 14023561)
Good for Riedewald but what on earth are the loonies on suggesting we shouldn't haves sacked FDB

Mentalists

FDB a bloke who didn't think Tomkins was good enough.