CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

in-exile 17-07-2018 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuieJack (Post 14338892)
Why such an over reaction to Riedewald? it is not a question of overweight allover but he just so happens he has a "barrel chest" which makes him look top heavy.
But hey he has returned from his summer break and the whole idea of the next few weeks is to get them back in shape, afterall he wont be the First footballer to return from holiday slightly out of shape.
Lets stop giving our players stick and being so critical before they have even performed, especially this season more than ever if as is being bandied around that any new additions will be at a premium.

If you were at the game? To see him first hand you would have been shocked by his transformation ... He looks fat and was slow on the ball and on closing down others, I watched him off the ball a bit and he's unrecognizable from the player of last season.
No overreaction he needs to lose 10kg's before being of any use in the Premier League, it's not a shirt fit problem he's been on the pies.

in-exile 17-07-2018 08:36 AM

I'm a big fan of his Man City performance last year and was hoping he could do a job in Midfield with our obvious hole to be filled....as said by others he looks 50 in shape speed and running style.

sylvan eagle 17-07-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brumie Allan (Post 14338864)
I take on board what has been said but he does look like a 50 year old bald man with the blond hair and shirt

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/siteassets/im...s/00.jpg/Large

Heís definitely not got a players fit shirt on, that fits him like a tent

in-exile 17-07-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 14338661)
He’s 21 and built like a weapon.
Just wears a baggy shirt.

Missed aleast four or five challenges due to speed that he did have last year .... He is clearly overestimating his own speed at the moment just like an older Sunday League player who no longer has his pace.
I'm sure the club with have him on salad for a couple of weeks.

Max_Power 17-07-2018 08:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Look at Wayne Routledge the fat bastard, what a liberty that he turned up and played quality football in the Premier League in this condition!

exiledeagle 17-07-2018 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vultur (Post 14338809)
I was there. I thought he was our best player. On that evidence I'm happy for him to replace Cabaye if we don't buy someone else which looks increasingly unlikely.

I was quite impressed . He looked comfortable on the ball and unlike Cabaye didn't lunge into tackles and stayed on feet - early days though ( not a dig at Cabaye as he had other attributes ) . Only concerns he did seem to push forward a lot , leaving no one in the holding position ( as Bright said ) . Also looked a bit leggy running back to position . Quite encouraging but still feel we need 2 more players in midfield . I hope Bright is right about the shirt because he does look huge .

Flat Noodle 17-07-2018 09:02 AM

Didn’t see him sprint once the entire match

in-exile 17-07-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flat Noodle (Post 14338992)
Didnít see him sprint once the entire match

Yep.

in-exile 17-07-2018 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max_Power (Post 14338972)
Look at Wayne Routledge the fat bastard, what a liberty that he turned up and played quality football in the Premier League in this condition!

Routledge Looking obviously fit underneath that shirt ... Nobody was fooled yesterday.

MFBias 17-07-2018 09:07 AM

He is one of those players who will divide opinion I reckon, those who like seeing players use position and small details will like him, I thought he was excellent yesterday and have thought he has been classy most times Ive seen him apart from his debut.

in-exile 17-07-2018 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exiledeagle (Post 14338989)
I was quite impressed . He looked comfortable on the ball and unlike Cabaye didn't lunge into tackles and stayed on feet - early days though ( not a dig at Cabaye as he had other attributes ) .

He missed at least two possibly free tackles sliding in off his feet due to being slow.

mushroom 17-07-2018 09:19 AM

Needs to be more dynamic. If he could get as fit as possible... heíll be a player. He may have ability, but the prem is a hard league. Players like KantŤ/Henderson/Ramsey/ will just bypass him. Cabaye was nimble...Jairo ainít

Billyd 17-07-2018 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vultur (Post 14338809)
I was there. I thought he was our best player. On that evidence I'm happy for him to replace Cabaye if we don't buy someone else which looks increasingly unlikely.

Jesus Christ. It was a friendly vs a Danish 2nd tier side. He has shown nothing to show he can replace Cabaye at EPL level.

Same has been said during other pre seasons about Jordon Mutch, Steven Dobbie etc....

Kirby 17-07-2018 09:25 AM

I have no idea whether he's fit or not (that picture doesn't do him any favours), but I actually thought he played quite well yesterday.

Clearly a completely different proposition to a PL match, but he looked confident on the ball and dictated play in the middle of the park.

I don't think he should be anywhere near the starting line-up just yet, but I certainly think there's a place for him in the squad as back-up for Luka/Jimmy. It's easy to forget he's only 21.

Martin H 17-07-2018 09:26 AM

It's funny how we see the same thing differently. I genuinely thought Jairo was one of our better players last night and really settled into that midfield role tidying things up and moving it across and up the pitch. He covered a lot of ground for someone that is supposedly so unfit. I thought Townsend probably looked the sharpest of our players but Jairo was probably just behind him for me. PVA up there for forward play but not so much defensively. Funnily enough I haven't been quite as impressed with AWB in these early games as I had expected him to shine and kick on in pre-season but his tackling has been good but he hasn't been great in possession. It's early days and I only mention it in context of differing opinions. If the season started tomorrow I think Ward would start.

If you look at the photos Jairo is very broad and he is wearing a baggy shirt for comfort and everyone else is wearing the 'player fit' As someone said it looks like he may be barrel chested too. Obviously enough the shirt makes him look different.

I don't get this preoccupation with player weight and most of it is b*****. If the Manager is picking them they must be fit and the docs and fitness coaches happy. Different players have different body shapes. He is never going to look like a weedy Dele Alli or Lingard. Grierson and Bright have both now mentioned it specifically saying that it's just the shirt and he isn't carrying weight. Maybe the have been hacked by the Ruskies.

jaxon 17-07-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billyd (Post 14339020)
Jesus Christ. It was a friendly vs a Danish 2nd tier side. He has shown nothing to show he can replace Cabaye at EPL level.

Same has been said during other pre seasons about Jordon Mutch, Steven Dobbie etc....

Surely his performance against Man City last season showed he at least has the potential to step up to the required level?

red&blue_moomin 17-07-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14339000)
He missed at least two possibly free tackles sliding in off his feet due to being slow.

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2018/jul...ain-in-sweden/

Look at pictures 7 and 26. He's wearing the normal training top and looks completely fit.

FFS turns out Mark Bright club legend was telling the truth. Or are you going to tell me he's put 6 stone on in a week.

Coating one of our players after two preseason matches. Especially one where he did well.

The stream had a good vantage point of where Jairo was playing and 8 times out of 10 he shut down Halmstead's attempt at a counter high up the pitch cleaning up several attempts by them at breaking. He also passed the ball pretty well though he likes to slow it down and pick a pass which might not work so well in the prem. Bearing in mind the opposition he did well.

headliner 17-07-2018 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 14339026)
It's funny how we see the same thing differently. I genuinely thought Jairo was one of our better players last night and really settled into that midfield role tidying things up and moving it across and up the pitch. He covered a lot of ground for someone that is supposedly so unfit. I thought Townsend probably looked the sharpest of our players but Jairo was probably just behind him for me. PVA up there for forward play but not so much defensively. Funnily enough I haven't been quite as impressed with AWB in these early games as I had expected him to shine and kick on in pre-season but his tackling has been good but he hasn't been great in possession. It's early days and I only mention it in context of differing opinions. If the season started tomorrow I think Ward would start.

If you look at the photos Jairo is very broad and he is wearing a baggy shirt for comfort and everyone else is wearing the 'player fit' As someone said it looks like he may be barrel chested too. Obviously enough the shirt makes him look different.

I don't get this preoccupation with player weight and most of it is b*****. If the Manager is picking them they must be fit and the docs and fitness coaches happy. Different players have different body shapes. He is never going to look like a weedy Dele Alli or Lingard. Grierson and Bright have both now mentioned it specifically saying that it's just the shirt and he isn't carrying weight. Maybe the have been hacked by the Ruskies.

Agreed - I just concentrated on his performance against the opposition in front of him - taking this into account, I thought he was positionally excellent, and gave a very assured all round (no pun intended!) performance. He didn't need to sprint anywhere, he just cruised around the pitch, doing all the right things, linking well Jimmy Mac and the rest of the team, defensively and when attacking. I think we might have one hell of a player there, but time will tell. Just 21!!!!!

El Aguila 17-07-2018 09:45 AM

He's a footballer.
Often when players come from abroad, it takes a year to adjust to the league. And Roy definitely wants to give him a chance, so let's see what he can give us this season.

Tomo 17-07-2018 09:52 AM

We clearly, need another midfielder, but with Luka adding the steel, if he can just get the positioning part of his game correct when defending then he could become very good. No doubting his ability on the ball and looks like he has a decent player in him.
He wasn't helped at all last year with the way he was bought in and then FdB left so soon.