CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

MFBias 17-07-2018 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thereichstuff (Post 14339240)
I must have missed that .

I was impressed with his passing range, but he was a fat bastard.

red&blue_moomin 17-07-2018 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 14339337)
I was impressed with his passing range, but he was a fat bastard.

Really? This is last week

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/siteassets/im...1-33.jpg/Large

#FakeNews

He dutch, he's in midfield, his shirts too big Riedewald, Riedewald.........

eagle-leg 17-07-2018 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle (Post 14339265)
Probably for the best. Brighty has got a few extra pounds to carry TBF.

:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

eagle-leg 17-07-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 14339342)
Really? This is last week

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/siteassets/im...1-33.jpg/Large

#FakeNews

He dutch, he's in midfield, his shirts too big Riedewald, Riedewald.........

Fair enough... seems those club shop shirts are doing him a bit of a disservice.

Percy Dalton 17-07-2018 03:21 PM

twenty years ago it was not uncommon for players to come back for pre season carrying a few pounds, some a few stone! he looks fine from the photo's I have seen and at his age he will start to bulk out with muscles which should be a good thing managed correctly. I think he will be like adding a new player now he has settled and starting to mature. I have no doubt the turmoil of the start of last season would not have been an ideal start for him to allow a reasonable settling period.

sydnsteve 17-07-2018 03:52 PM

Be in teresting to see how he gets on

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o 17-07-2018 03:57 PM

He's gonna be fine...he has very wide rounded shoulders and a smallish head which I think gives the impression of being on the large side.

As someone has repeated several times, there is no way he would have been allowed back as grossly overweight as some are suggesting.

old traf 18-07-2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 14339207)
He could have aslo decided we dont need to replace Cabaye. Who knows what Hodgson has decided...

I think if we don't replace Cabaye it's because we cant't afford to

GreatGonzo 18-07-2018 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagle-leg (Post 14339387)
Fair enough... seems those club shop shirts are doing him a bit of a disservice.

I find that is the case when i wear them too :D

GreatGonzo 18-07-2018 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 14339207)
He could have aslo decided we dont need to replace Cabaye. Who knows what Hodgson has decided...

Last year, based on the time on the pitch (as only fair way to do it) Cabaye played 50% more passes than Riedewald. His pass completion was higher and Jairo didn't play any 'key passes' creating opportunities to score.

On the defensive side of his game he won as many tackles as Yohan and didn't miss as many as Cabaye did. He is better at taking on a player with the ball and did that successfully, better in the air than Yo was. He gave away less free kicks (see tackles above) but also he was never fouled himself and you might ask why not? He wasn't far off in terms of interceptions so reads the game pretty well.

Overall in terms of the defensive side of his game he probably offers as much as Cabaye did, however what he lacks the the mobility to get round the park, constantly offering himself for a pass and once have got possession the ability to turn that into something dangerous.

Probably why his best game came in CM against Man City when he had a great defensive game and the attacking side of it was less important.

Excowboy 18-07-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 14340781)
Last year, based on the time on the pitch (as only fair way to do it) Cabaye played 50% more passes than Riedewald. His pass completion was higher and Jairo didn't play any 'key passes' creating opportunities to score.

On the defensive side of his game he won as many tackles as Yohan and didn't miss as many as Cabaye did. He is better at taking on a player with the ball and did that successfully, better in the air than Yo was. He gave away less free kicks (see tackles above) but also he was never fouled himself and you might ask why not? He wasn't far off in terms of interceptions so reads the game pretty well.

Overall in terms of the defensive side of his game he probably offers as much as Cabaye did, however what he lacks the the mobility to get round the park, constantly offering himself for a pass and once have got possession the ability to turn that into something dangerous.

Probably why his best game came in CM against Man City when he had a great defensive game and the attacking side of it was less important.

Where are you getting your stats from?

Whoscored has Cabaye at 2.3 tackles and 2.5 interceptions per game; Reidewald at 0.9 tackles and 1 interception per game. That's a massive gulf in defensive contribution.

Obviously Reidelwald came on as a sub a lot more so time on the pitch is more helpful but I haven't found any sites that show that.

GreatGonzo 18-07-2018 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excowboy (Post 14340788)

Whoscored has Cabaye at 2.3 tackles and 2.5 interceptions per game; Reidewald at 0.9 tackles and 1 interception per game. That's a massive gulf in defensive contribution.

Obviously Reidelwald came on as a sub a lot more so time on the pitch is more helpful but I haven't found any sites that show that.

Squawka do a player comparison matrix here:http://www2.squawka.com/comparison-matrix

Whoscored is flawed in that the number of tackles etc is divided by the number of appearances whether they play 1 minute or 90.

Excowboy 18-07-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 14340793)
Squawka do a player comparison matrix here:http://www2.squawka.com/comparison-matrix

Whoscored is flawed in that the number of tackles etc is divided by the number of appearances whether they play 1 minute or 90.

That's a great tool. Thanks for the link.

eagle-leg 18-07-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 14340772)
I find that is the case when i wear them too :D

Ha - likewise, though I'm not sure the 'players fit' would be a better option to be honest :supergrin:

Think we all need to get behind Jairo this year and hope that Roy believes he is capable of stepping into Cabaye's role this year.

Could save us a fortune!

alexcpfc 18-07-2018 01:31 PM

I would consider Jairo to be cover for Luka not a replacement for Cabaye. The problem we have is Cabaye knitted our midfield together nicely. When he played well the team always played well.

917L 18-07-2018 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagle-leg (Post 14340869)
Ha - likewise, though I'm not sure the 'players fit' would be a better option to be honest :supergrin:

Think we all need to get behind Jairo this year and hope that Roy believes he is capable of stepping into Cabaye's role this year.

Could save us a fortune!

He is nowhere near Cabaye's level

GreatGonzo 18-07-2018 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 917L (Post 14340880)

Not that we have seen so far but not to say he couldn't be.

The ball he played i think for one of our goals (one where KaiKai looked offside i think) was a sensational ball forward in the first friendly. We haven't seen much of him in an attacking/playmaking sense.

Was still worried by how little movement there was from him in that game though.

Work in progress.

jaxon 18-07-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 917L (Post 14340880)

Not yet. But he is only 21. Cabaye was v experienced.

Alexc26 18-07-2018 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excowboy (Post 14340788)

Cabaye played 2,387 Minutes, Jairo played 434 minutes, both of those are Premier League minutes only.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 18-07-2018 02:45 PM

I still hope we spend to replace Cabaye as well as we can but I think, if push came to shove, that Jairo could be the shield for the back four and allow Luka to play a slightly more advanced role, suiting him since he is such a good passer. At the least, Reidewald should be enough for us to get to the January window and reevaluate. I'm more worried about replacing what RLC did for us. Without him and if Wilf were injured, we become basically instant relegation fodder.

Hopefully the talk of being penniless is smoke and we'll bring in the CM and AM we need. Do that and an exciting season awaits, IMHO.