CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Recommend a TV programme (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=187551)

kayjay 24-08-2020 07:19 AM

I'm enjoying Godless on Netflix.

Ninjas Headband 24-08-2020 07:25 AM

Mandy on iPlayer.

Diane Morgan plays the grotesque character Mandy with appearances from the likes of Maxime Peake & Sean Lock. Hilarious in places.

strawberry mivi 24-08-2020 07:40 AM

Nice use of the scab that used to be a likeness of the late Shaun Ryder.

Pat of the Palace 24-08-2020 08:17 AM

I watched Undercover at the weekend. A Dutch/Belgian cops go undercover in Butlins thingy. Based on a true story. Recommended.

Maidstoned Eagle 24-08-2020 09:04 AM

Narcos Mexico is delivering on all levels.

Worksop Palace 24-08-2020 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15362490)

Yeah....I enjoyed it for a while but it doesnít stand up to Narcos for me. Pablo was such an engrossing character and canít be replicated in the Mexico one.

Old Joe Paxton 24-08-2020 09:20 AM

Didn’t bother watching the Narcos spin off. Saw all main series but also it tailed off badly after (Spoiler?!:) Escobar’s death In series 3 or two was it.

Old Joe Paxton 24-08-2020 09:25 AM

Tales from the Loop on Amazon. Not everyoneís cup of tea but melancholic, other worldliness and slight sinister hint. Overall it came together in the end and thought it was different and clever and thought provoking.

Series inspired bya Swedish artists painting of old, rusted or working robotic figures in rural Sweden. And consequently itís in our world, of maybe the 70s or 80s, but not quite. And Rural America as Sweden. As it can do in parts.

Happy Arthur 24-08-2020 09:30 AM

Quote:

Do you need to see the other narcos first?

evvo111 24-08-2020 09:36 AM

If you like the silliness and light-heartedness of shows like Hercules and Xena it may be worth watching Atlantis (from 2016, 2017).

Maidstoned Eagle 24-08-2020 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Arthur (Post 15362511)
Do you need to see the other narcos first?

Not really, but it helps...especially when characters from the Cali and Medellin cartels pop up. It also gives you an idea of what the DEA etc were up against with regards the corruption within certain law and order forces in Sputh America

Maidstoned Eagle 24-08-2020 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15362500)
Yeah....I enjoyed it for a while but it doesnít stand up to Narcos for me. Pablo was such an engrossing character and canít be replicated in the Mexico one.

From what I can tell there is less changing of history to fit in this, the first series following Kiki Camerena was very good.

Maidstoned Eagle 24-08-2020 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joe Paxton (Post 15362504)
Didnít bother watching the Narcos spin off. Saw all main series but also it tailed off badly after (Spoiler?!:) Escobarís death In series 3 or two was it.

The timeline for Narcos Mexico runs alongside the events in Narcos including the rival Colombian cartels setting up distribution in Mexico. Fills in a few gaps.

Worksop Palace 24-08-2020 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joe Paxton (Post 15362504)
Didnít bother watching the Narcos spin off. Saw all main series but also it tailed off badly after (Spoiler?!:) Escobarís death In series 3 or two was it.

One

Maidstoned Eagle 24-08-2020 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15362542)
One

ollie_porter 24-08-2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15362528)
The timeline for Narcos Mexico runs alongside the events in Narcos including the rival Colombian cartels setting up distribution in Mexico. Fills in a few gaps.

It's brilliant!

PeterH 24-08-2020 04:03 PM

I like High Score after a couple of episodes. It is missing something for me, though.

A couple of episodes in and it has focused on Space Invaders, Pacman, Atari and Nintendo.

And it is as though gaming only happened in The USA with a shrug towards Japan.

I would like to have seen mention (and they may yet appear), Defender, IK+, Dragon's Lair, Guantlet, Scramble Centipede, Galaxian, Lunar Landing, Jet Pack etc., and the very earliest sports game,s like Track and Field (real joystick bashers). I remeber Defender as being the game where high scores werereally importants in the local arcade. Clocking Defender was a status symbol.

Atari and NES weren't the only early players - no mention yet of the early computers - ZX, Amstrad, BBC Micro, C64. Doesn't give me confidence that Amiga vs Atari is going to get a mention.

And where 's Sonic and Sega?

PeterH 24-08-2020 04:05 PM

Idly catching up on season 4 of New Girl as well.

Not the greatest, but the main character has the loveliest eyes and I like Schmidt.

evvo111 24-08-2020 04:28 PM

I really, really want to like Lovecraft Country, and I do to an extent, but it seems to jump in the story line without an explaination at times. On the plus side I do like a secret society, especially an evil one.

TopKnot 24-08-2020 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15362894)
I like High Score after a couple of episodes. It is missing something for me, though.

A couple of episodes in and it has focused on Space Invaders, Pacman, Atari and Nintendo.

And it is as though gaming only happened in The USA with a shrug towards Japan.

I would like to have seen mention (and they may yet appear), Defender, IK+, Dragon's Lair, Guantlet, Scramble Centipede, Galaxian, Lunar Landing, Jet Pack etc., and the very earliest sports game,s like Track and Field (real joystick bashers). I remeber Defender as being the game where high scores werereally importants in the local arcade. Clocking Defender was a status symbol.

Atari and NES weren't the only early players - no mention yet of the early computers - ZX, Amstrad, BBC Micro, C64. Doesn't give me confidence that Amiga vs Atari is going to get a mention.

And where 's Sonic and Sega?

I dont think its billing itself as a comprehensive history of gaming, that would be insanely long and very subjective (everyone has a different opinion of what is important largely based on age, location and preferred genre). I like that they have selected specific touchpoints to go into detail on, with a generous dollop of nostalgia. RPGs next!

stumpy feelers 24-08-2020 05:21 PM

Quote:

I'm late to this Narcos lark, just binged watched all 3 seasons in about 2 months, absolutely brilliant.

stumpy feelers 24-08-2020 05:23 PM

The boys season 2 out Sept 4th. The first season was fantastic.

Dobbo 24-08-2020 05:24 PM

This is us is a very enjoyable US family drama on Amazon Prime. An awful lot of episodes though.

PeterH 24-08-2020 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 15362940)
I dont think its billing itself as a comprehensive history of gaming, that would be insanely long and very subjective (everyone has a different opinion of what is important largely based on age, location and preferred genre). I like that they have selected specific touchpoints to go into detail on, with a generous dollop of nostalgia. RPGs next!

Fair. But I would argue that the only NEW thing I saw was where Kirby came from.

We all know about Atari, NES, Space Invaders and Pacman.

It is a documentary akin to a music documentary focusing on Bill Haley, Elvis and The Beatles at the moment.

And it is very USA focused.

PeterH 24-08-2020 05:30 PM

Quote:

And when it focuses on sports games are we going to just see Madden and FIFA vs PES. No Championship Manager, Colin McRae, Sega arcade, Daytona etc..

Worksop Palace 25-08-2020 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15362608)

Yes youíre right. I was thinking of Narcos as 1 and Mexico as 2

PeterH 25-08-2020 06:55 PM

Quote:

And right on cue, episode 3 and 4 covered most of what I was asking for. LOLOLOLOL.

I thought these later episodes were much better. Not sure why they had to spend so much time on a game for the gay community - a game most had never heard of and one that even seems lost in time. Even the maker couldn't be arsed to find the money and go back and look for his missing coding - and then expects everyone else to be bothered 30 years later. Fecking snowflake. Just seemed they wanted to hammer in something inclusive, and could only find this obscure story...not great really.

I preferred the gay black chap that was inspired by madden, and did all he could to get a job there.

The RPG episode was great. Starting at the text level. Would love to have seen Dungeon Master mentioned...but at least they moved away from consoles and looked at some of the PC based output.

The highlight so far across 4 episodes was Nintendo inventing Kirby based on the lawyer that won them the case.

Selhurst Celtic 25-08-2020 06:59 PM

Swingers.

It was on channel 4 last night. It's set to be a classic in the way that their Dogging documentary is also a fecking hilarious watch.

Siobhan the oldest swinger in town is something else. And the couple wearing glasses? Blimey, not sure what was worse. The choice of the end of the wine bottle, or keeping red wine in the fridge. Either way, please watch and enjoy. You might even thank me.

PeterH 25-08-2020 07:01 PM

World On Fire...

mentioned before on this thread. I am enjoying this piece of WWII fluff despite a few glaring plot holes. Not least how some running and hiding Pole managed to get from the middle of Poland (after oddly finding some British servicemen there) to Dunkirk.

A couple of love stories, a gay, multiracial romance, and a set up ready to applaud the Yanky heroes in at some stage. But still a good, easy watch. Dunkirk scenes no better or worse than those of the costly recent film. And nice to see a lot from inside Poland and Germany.

And to cap it all. Lots of scenes with Sean Bean for his legion of BBS fans.

TopKnot 25-08-2020 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15365079)
And right on cue, episode 3 and 4 covered most of what I was asking for. LOLOLOLOL.

I thought these later episodes were much better. Not sure why they had to spend so much time on a game for the gay community - a game most had never heard of and one that even seems lost in time. Even the maker couldn't be arsed to find the money and go back and look for his missing coding - and then expects everyone else to be bothered 30 years later. Fecking snowflake. Just seemed they wanted to hammer in something inclusive, and could only find this obscure story...not great really.

I preferred the gay black chap that was inspired by madden, and did all he could to get a job there.

The RPG episode was great. Starting at the text level. Would love to have seen Dungeon Master mentioned...but at least they moved away from consoles and looked at some of the PC based output.

The highlight so far across 4 episodes was Nintendo inventing Kirby based on the lawyer that won them the case.

I did enjoy it but on balance you are right that it was Very american-centric. Could have done with a bit less of the ĎIím a guy that entered a tournament and won ití stuff too, that wasnít very interesting but I guess they wanted a human angle of sorts. I really like the stories of the bedroom coders and how they changed things, it was the Wild West of gaming where good ideas and persistence would reap the rewards. The story of carmack staying up all night to figure out how to make the PC do scrolling like the NES was great. Would love to see a similar documentary on bedroom coders in the Spectrum era, there must be some stories there.

Hopefully theyíll do another series, so much scope to be explored.

PeterH 25-08-2020 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 15365168)
I did enjoy it but on balance you are right that it was Very american-centric. Could have done with a bit less of the ‘I’m a guy that entered a tournament and won it’ stuff too, that wasn’t very interesting but I guess they wanted a human angle of sorts. I really like the stories of the bedroom coders and how they changed things, it was the Wild West of gaming where good ideas and persistence would reap the rewards. The story of carmack staying up all night to figure out how to make the PC do scrolling like the NES was great. Would love to see a similar documentary on bedroom coders in the Spectrum era, there must be some stories there.

Hopefully they’ll do another series, so much scope to be explored.

Yep, agree with all of that. The husband and wife team in particular.

And previously, the Uni students that dropped out to make Missile Command and Pacman much harder to beat.

Purepalace 27-08-2020 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumpy feelers (Post 15362983)
I'm late to this Narcos lark, just binged watched all 3 seasons in about 2 months, absolutely brilliant.

Pablo on his hols :)

https://i.postimg.cc/1XK8Y15H/2-1.jpg

Jerry Murphy's Fringe 28-08-2020 12:23 PM

Semi-detached. Saw the episode last night, not seen any of the others. I am not a particular fan of Lee Mack however I found myself staying with it. The neighbour made me laugh & I didn't envisage that ending. Hilarious.

Should I catch up on the rest of the series?

Happy Arthur 29-08-2020 11:32 AM

Voyeur on Netflix. Bizarre documentary.

Old Joe Paxton 29-08-2020 11:37 AM

Anyone seen that real estate reality show / doco in LA? Read about it. Horrifying but Compulsive watch apparently

Model style estate agents bitching and scheming i think. And their clothes all fall off In the office and,.,. Sorry, no that’s a video I saw in the late eighties...

Anyway anyone own up to seeing it and any good ? You can confess. No one is listening

The Omen 29-08-2020 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joe Paxton (Post 15371663)
Anyone seen that real estate reality show / doco in LA? Read about it. Horrifying but Compulsive watch apparently

Model style estate agents bitching and scheming i think. And their clothes all fall off In the office and,.,. Sorry, no thatís a video I saw in the late eighties...

Anyway anyone own up to seeing it and any good ? You can confess. No one is listening

Have seen my wife watching it, doesn't look like my kind of show though...

Old Joe Paxton 29-08-2020 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Omen (Post 15371670)
Have seen my wife watching it, doesn't look like my kind of show though...

Whatís it called?

A friend is asking me what the name of it is for their teenage daughterís friendís sister...

Stellavista 29-08-2020 12:14 PM

Manctopia, on BBC2. Rather depressing documentary on homelessness, development and gentrification in Manchester. Parts of the city I once knew pretty well are unrecognisable. And the changes are far more shocking than London, because the city is so much smaller.

Scifo 29-08-2020 07:25 PM

Cobra Kai is now on Netflix. This was unironically one of the best tv shows of the last few years. If you havenít watched it already then you definitely should

Snikt5 29-08-2020 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scifo (Post 15372648)
Cobra Kai is now on Netflix. This was unironically one of the best tv shows of the last few years. If you havenít watched it already then you definitely should

Second that. Thought it would be fun nostalgia but it is really well done. Loved it

Oldtown Eagle 30-08-2020 12:59 PM

Well into season 1 of Fargo on Netflix. Martin Freedman's American accent is a little weird, but it's very good telly. Billy Bob Thornton a monster.

Nostrils 30-08-2020 07:11 PM

South Korean show Strangers on Netflix is shaping up to be a very good series.

I was watching Boardwalk Empire, but I found season three and the beginning of four to be a bit of a drag tbh. Figured I needed a break. Seasons one and two were fantastic though.

west country boy 30-08-2020 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15371714)
Manctopia, on BBC2. Rather depressing documentary on homelessness, development and gentrification in Manchester. Parts of the city I once knew pretty well are unrecognisable. And the changes are far more shocking than London, because the city is so much smaller.

Surely the BBC are partially responsible for the gentrification themselves?

Stellavista 30-08-2020 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15374483)
Surely the BBC are partially responsible for the gentrification themselves?

Of course. Salford, more precisely. A different thing altogether.

ollie_porter 30-08-2020 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle (Post 15373925)
Well into season 1 of Fargo on Netflix. Martin Freedman's American accent is a little weird, but it's very good telly. Billy Bob Thornton a monster.

Fargo is bloody great. And the way they make each series a separate story but similar themes is fantastic. New series 27 September!

CPFC Jr 30-08-2020 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scifo (Post 15372648)

I have just binged through the first series. Definitely one of the best things I have watched recently.

cappuccinoeagle 30-08-2020 09:56 PM

After zooming through Season 1 of Lucifer( very enjoyable) now onto Season 2 of Deadwood.

Martin H 30-08-2020 10:55 PM

Watching Band of Brothers again for the first time since it was originally shown.

art malice 30-08-2020 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollie_porter (Post 15374612)
Fargo is bloody great. And the way they make each series a separate story but similar themes is fantastic. New series 27 September!

Whoa brilliant cheers

art malice 30-08-2020 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scro (Post 15205365)
oh and the mandalorian.. whilst not amazing i have enjoyed it. Good family viewing and showing some promise for the future.

Loving it. Making something like that out of a blockbusterís microscopically minor character is seriously impressive. And itís got Yoda before he got on tits everyoneís.

Maidstoned Eagle 31-08-2020 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 15374774)
Loving it. Making something like that out of a blockbusterís microscopically minor character is seriously impressive. And itís got Yoda before he got on tits everyoneís.

Its not Yoda, hth.

jamesc_24 31-08-2020 04:16 PM

Just watched the first three episodes All or Nothing -Tottenham. Can’t wait until the next three. Brilliant.

PeterH 31-08-2020 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesc_24 (Post 15375658)
Just watched the first three episodes All or Nothing -Tottenham. Canít wait until the next three. Brilliant.

Is that Spurs?

If that is the case, it's not worth watching, the answer is - nothing. LOL

AshfordianEagle 31-08-2020 11:31 PM

Late to the party on this one but have just blitzed through Community in the last week, great show, also very clever, would recommend.

AshfordianEagle 01-09-2020 12:25 AM

Actually, pandemic update on recent viewings.....

Blakes 7 (52 episodes) - Look past the cheapness and a good story.Final episode a bit of a let down. 8/10

Dear John (14 episodes) - mid 80s BBC. In love little series like this, 14 episodes, little bit dated but worth the watch, Kirk St Moritz :lux: 7/10

The Tripods (25 episodes) - bit of a kids program, shame the final series wasn't made. 6.5/10

Catweazel (26 episodes) - Dated, but good fun. 7.5/10

Leverage (77 episodes) - Kind of weekly heist show, oddly getting a new series 8 years after the last, Gina Bellman stars too. Good fun. 8/10

Psych (120 episodes and 22 films) - Guy pretending to be psychic but is actually just ultra observant. He and buddy work for the police. Good fun. 8/10

Counterpart (20 episodes) - Different, hard to track at points, but worth it. Interesting. 8/10

Citizen Smith (30 episodes) - Dated but still fun. 7.5/10

The Smoking Room (17 episodes) - Stars Robert Webb, well written and acted. 8.5/10

evvo111 01-09-2020 12:39 AM

Was losing a bit of faith with Lovecraft Country but episode 3...https://media.tenor.com/images/b87ee...8cb8/tenor.gif

Terrace Bickle 03-09-2020 09:20 PM

Fear City on Netflix. Can't really go wrong with the subject matter and it's the usual slick format.

Worksop Palace 04-09-2020 06:18 AM

Harlots. BBC

Terrible acting. Rubbish story lines.

But highly recommended for the high lifted bangers on show.

If you like that sort of thing

Stellavista 06-09-2020 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evvo111 (Post 15376043)
Was losing a bit of faith with Lovecraft Country but episode 3...https://media.tenor.com/images/b87ee...8cb8/tenor.gif

Yes, been watching this. I hope it doesn't disappear up its arse like Lost, by going on too long. So far, so good.

Terrace Bickle 06-09-2020 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 15381650)
Fear City on Netflix. Can't really go wrong with the subject matter and it's the usual slick format.

Just finished this after falling asleep 3 times trying finish the final episode. Not a reflection on the program. Pretty standard fare, but got to admire the balls of the wire specialist. I love a bit of nostalgia, so the first episode about 70s New York was great. Just feel they could have gone into a bit more depth.

1905 06-09-2020 06:46 PM

Raised by Wolves - new sci-fi by Ridley Scott that started this week. Good start so far, interesting story, great cinematography, acting and music score. Promising.

west country boy 06-09-2020 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1905 (Post 15385800)
Raised by Wolves - new sci-fi by Ridley Scott that started this week. Good start so far, interesting story, great cinematography, acting and music score. Promising.

Hopefully it's nothing to do with the toecurlingly appaling Caitlin Moran sitcom of the same name?!

RazorsEdge 06-09-2020 08:20 PM

I just started binge watching 'The Bridge'

So far so good

Terrace Bickle 06-09-2020 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 15385926)
I just started binge watching 'The Bridge'

So far so good

It is excellent. The main characters Saga and Martin are the strength of the series.
I love Scandi Noir but missed The Killing when it was on. I'm binging series 1 now but think The Bridge is far better.

I saw the US remake of The Killing a while back (set in Seattle) and I think that was better than the original. I think they just try to do too much with too many plot twists.

PeterH 06-09-2020 10:39 PM

New Girl season 5...I enjoyed season 4.

The Stand mini series.

And a tongue in cheek Growing Belushi...James Belushi owns and runs a cannabis farm. Second episode and he is running around Colombia looking for special seeds.

Ted Lasso is very good.

Jacko 07-09-2020 10:33 AM

F1 "Drive to Survive" series on Netflix. Fantastic access to the F1 paddock and all the intrigue and politicking of F1. Shines a light on the less stellar names and teams.

Enjoy the actual Channel 4 race highlights programme even more as a result (apart from Steve Jones, but he's getting less annoying as time goes on.).

evvo111 08-09-2020 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15384720)
Yes, been watching this. I hope it doesn't disappear up its arse like Lost, by going on too long. So far, so good.

Episode 4 was good. Cracking line about proliferation of nuclear arms 'Whitey keep cooking up death for the rest of us to eat'.

Stellavista 08-09-2020 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evvo111 (Post 15389155)
Episode 4 was good. Cracking line about proliferation of nuclear arms 'Whitey keep cooking up death for the rest of us to eat'.

Will watch that tonight.

immoralgiant 08-09-2020 03:36 PM

Been watching second season of Boys (Amazon Prime). Up there with the first season, not great but easy watching and its decent enough.

little al 08-09-2020 08:44 PM

Started Ted Lasso tonight, don't bother, proper shite.

Old Joe Paxton 08-09-2020 08:47 PM

Yes it is

Nth Kent Eagle 08-09-2020 08:57 PM

Anyone seen Suburban Gangsters on Prime? It’s about criminals in Sydney and Melbourne in the last century. Quite good to see about parts of Australian life that are less glamorous and to learn about the society. Fascinated to learn about the Foots Cray in Melbourne.

Nostrils 08-09-2020 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle (Post 15390786)
Anyone seen Suburban Gangsters on Prime? Itís about criminals in Sydney and Melbourne in the last century. Quite good to see about parts of Australian life that are less glamorous and to learn about the society. Fascinated to learn about the Foots Cray in Melbourne.

I had that on in the background, sort of half watching it. Chopper pops up every now and then. A few proper lunatics, which I suppose you'd expect.

west country boy 08-09-2020 09:14 PM

As I am a billion years old I am quite enjoying the Channel 5 adaptation of All Creatures Great and Small.

I'll be watching the second The Boys season as soon as I finally finish Watchmen.

west country boy 08-09-2020 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle (Post 15390786)
Anyone seen Suburban Gangsters on Prime? Itís about criminals in Sydney and Melbourne in the last century. Quite good to see about parts of Australian life that are less glamorous and to learn about the society. Fascinated to learn about the Foots Cray in Melbourne.

I haven't seen (or heard of) this but what I saw of the various Underbelly series were pretty good.

Speaking of based on a true story Strayan dramas, I'm not sure I have a strong enough stomach to watch Snowtown.

Adlerhorst 08-09-2020 09:32 PM

The Mandalorian

If you haven’t, I wouldn’t bother

cappuccinoeagle 08-09-2020 09:42 PM

Strike : Lethal White Part 1

PeterH 08-09-2020 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 15390862)
The Mandalorian

If you havenít, I wouldnít bother

I have it on a pendrive somewhere.

But I have about 20 TV shows download (and some multi-season) and 30 or so films.

Probably enough for all 2021. LOL

Maidstoned Eagle 09-09-2020 04:43 AM

Quote:

The Mandalorian

I have, and I'm glad I did.

strolling bones 09-09-2020 07:08 AM

Rita on Netflix
Danish series about a teacher with far too many complications in her life , being a bit of a Nymphomaniac being just one of them . Superbly acted, well scripted , gentle comedy drama which deals with real issues in a very Scandinavian way ..Highly reccomend this ..

RazorsEdge 09-09-2020 08:01 AM

Quote:

The Mandalorian

You have spoken.....

RazorsEdge 09-09-2020 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 15385998)
It is excellent. The main characters Saga and Martin are the strength of the series.
I love Scandi Noir but missed The Killing when it was on. I'm binging series 1 now but think The Bridge is far better.

I saw the US remake of The Killing a while back (set in Seattle) and I think that was better than the original. I think they just try to do too much with too many plot twists.

Agree about Saga and Martin.

I have not seen the Killing, will add that to the ever growing list. Cheers

Slimbloke'H' 09-09-2020 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 15390875)
Strike : Lethal White Part 1

The Strike series as a whole. J.K. Rowling knows how to write and she's the Executive Producer, I believe. All available on iPlayer.

Sydenham Eagle 09-09-2020 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 15385998)

Seriously? The US version of The Killing was abysmal - they even changed who the killer was and dragged it out to a second series. The Bridge is superb. Saga is brilliant and it somehow makes it funnier when you read what she says rather than listening to it.
Borgen was really good too and has just gone on Netflix I believe

Terrace Bickle 09-09-2020 09:13 AM

Hmm, maybe I just liked the atmospherics of the US version or thought the lead was better. It was a long time ago, but disappointed with The Killing so far. Couldn't fault The Bridge.

Palace Kebab 09-09-2020 09:34 AM

Twin on iplayer is very good. A Norwegian Drama featuring Kristofer Hivju who played Tormund Giantsbane in Game of Thrones. He plays both twin brothers brilliantly. Great story. By the way it is nothing like Game of Thrones so don't let that put you off if you are not into dragons and tits.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...es-1-episode-1

Coastal Palace 09-09-2020 10:59 AM

The Boys Series 2.

Those of a woke disposition may want to stay away.

Joe85 09-09-2020 11:08 AM

Whoís gonna tell Costal itís not real?

Coastal Palace 09-09-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 15391434)
Whoís gonna tell Costal itís not real?

I know it's not real but it should be...

weltklasse 09-09-2020 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 15391174)
You have spoken.....

:D

Coastal Palace 09-09-2020 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weltklasse (Post 15391474)
:D

You're a nasty,snidey piece of c*nt.
:supergrin:

weltklasse 09-09-2020 11:49 AM

Diana Doors in the sweeny... class

weltklasse 09-09-2020 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastal Palace (Post 15391483)
:supergrin:

do stop with your inane gibbering.

OriginalNutter 09-09-2020 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastal Palace (Post 15391417)
The Boys Series 2.

Those of a woke disposition may want to stay away.

Loved series one. Just got to get round to starting the second.

Coastal Palace 09-09-2020 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weltklasse (Post 15391525)
do stop with your inane gibbering.

I will if you will.

PeterH 09-09-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strolling bones (Post 15391109)
Rita on Netflix
Danish series about a teacher with far too many complications in her life , being a bit of a Nymphomaniac being just one of them . Superbly acted, well scripted , gentle comedy drama which deals with real issues in a very Scandinavian way ..Highly reccomend this ..

Yes..it is excellent.

weltklasse 09-09-2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastal Palace (Post 15391540)
I will if you will.

do you have issues yo forgot your opening gambit today on this thread was

Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post

Trouble is i'm not a TV programme. You seem a bit troubled.

Ant.Palace 09-09-2020 03:13 PM

Star Girl

What it lacks in originality it makes up for by having Amy Smart in it. Definitely watchable

west country boy 10-09-2020 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15390817)
As I am a billion years old I am quite enjoying the Channel 5 adaptation of All Creatures Great and Small.

And now Diana Rigg who is in it has died :(

cappuccinoeagle 10-09-2020 09:02 PM

Onto Season 2 of Lucifer